Neverwinter: PC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I never heard of this and the videos look cool, is it worth a shit? Been itching for some dungeon crawls.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I never heard of this and the videos look cool, is it worth a shit? Been itching for some dungeon crawls.
It's wonderful fun while leveling and briefly at level cap. It's almost required to dump cash into the pay to win market if you wanna continue progressing at level cap. I recommend you play a few characters for the enjoyable low level game, and walk away after a few weeks.

Goatface

just stay away from the lockboxes.

while back, someone did a break down and it would cost about $3,000+ to max out a toon.

the way it is now, would take years if ever to earn that much in game

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife has been playing a lot on PS4 so I'm going to make her switch over on our laptop and I'm going to play with her. Any suggestions for something fun to play as? She was playing a Control Wizard on PS4, and I always play Ranger, so I wanted to try something different.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
We have a few friends that are hopping into it with us. So far we have a Great Weapon Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, and Ranger. I was thinking about rolling a Scourge Warlock or a Rogue until my wife called dibs. Almost went Wizard, but wound up rolling Ranger after watching some online videos. I never realized how fleshed out this game was, lots of decent voice acting, some neat quests so far. It being a literal translation of 4th Edition into a video game, works way better for me than it did for table top.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Aww they took down the gateway due to botting. I mean that is all I did but I blame how shitty the crafting system is.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Aww they took down the gateway due to botting. I mean that is all I did but I blame how shitty the crafting system is.

Hah, again? Same thing happened last year when I was in my Neverwinter rage, big botting problems led them to nuke the gateway awhile. I guess they never figured it out. You mean they took it offline for good?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hah, again? Same thing happened last year when I was in my Neverwinter rage, big botting problems led them to nuke the gateway awhile. I guess they never figured it out. You mean they took it offline for good?

Yeah, try to visit the gateway you will see tge message.

ilikefoods

Peasant
Got a spare key for an enthusiast pack if anyone wants:

Guardian of Gauntylgrym title (account-wide)

At claim agent:

Dragon Hoard 30-slot bag (BtC on pickup, compatible with Dragonborn Legend pack unlock)

5 Legendary Dragon Key (BtA)

25 Dragon Hoard Coffer (not bound)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This game just makes me scratch my head. When it was first shown off I thought it looked quite ingenious as a fast paced quasi MMO that was simple enough in design they could crank out tons-o-content and pull in cash from regular releases of new classes.

Instead they went bonkers with PTW gear from boxes and bizarre smartphone-game time blocks while giving away classes for free. This strategy might maximize the money you get from people actively playing at a given moment, but doesn't seem terribly aligned with getting people in the door. I would have come back to the game on a regular basis to try out new characters and even dragged friends along with me, but instead I look at the news for it periodically and then move on.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Elemental Evil broke the game so badly in every aspect that I haven't given the game a look since. Imagine if Diablo 3 had started with just normal difficulty, and then put out a patch that turned the entire game into launch-level inferno act 3, and every point of resilience cost $10. Add to that a group finder that doesn't care about class, spec or level, where everyone but a tank gets one-two shot by the weakest of trash in the CASUAL MODE dungeons. The existing endgame content was no longer even possible, even with whales who had sunk thousands into the game and botted mountains of currency. And you could no longer progress your character in old modules because old soloable content was suddenly group+ and the zones were empty of players. The P2W was ramped up so hard that you would have to sink a few grand to be attractive to a group even if you only bought from third party sites.

Of course, there's been like four updates since then. And trapper ranger WAS pretty fun to play, being by far the most frantic button masher. Also a class that was near auto-kick from groups because of people who played the more natural but utterly useless archer style. (no cc = no party)

Last edited:

Altaruk Soulforged

Trakanon Raider
My wife has been playing a lot on PS4 so I'm going to make her switch over on our laptop and I'm going to play with her. Any suggestions for something fun to play as? She was playing a Control Wizard on PS4, and I always play Ranger, so I wanted to try something different.

Scourge Warlock is pretty fun and op

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's unfortunate but this game is pretty much just in maintenance mode. They add very small content updates every now and then for appearances but that's about it.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
How is this pay to win at end game? Do they make the cash shop necessary to advance? Is there a sub option that eliminates that?