Neverwinter: PC

I for one am enjoying my time in this game so far and I haven't spent a Penny, who would have thought that possible !

uup2it_sl

shitlord
Dumb quick question but how the heck do you heal party members without putting cursor over them? Doing skimish and couldnt target the dwarf tank as he was surrounded by mobs to get the heal.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Woo dickface, Nice dig. Please lick my face dick licker. No one likes a your "I am entitled to win faster" bullshit posts. A ton of shit needs work but learning how to express that is where you went wrong.
Please, oh, please sir, will you show me this mythical post you speak of? Oh, wait, posts plural, yeah, show me those, oh wise one.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Dumb quick question but how the heck do you heal party members without putting cursor over them? Doing skimish and couldnt target the dwarf tank as he was surrounded by mobs to get the heal.
You don't. Thankfully Healing Word is the only heal that you have which requires targeting a party member and it is pretty damn useless after the first few levels (this may change however).

Virtually all of your healing is done by Divinity powered Forgemaster's Flame on an enemy which heals anyone standing near that target, and Divinity Powered Astral Shield which heals anyone in the area of effect. Thus healing becomes judicious placement of ground effect and choice of targets to anchor a healing aura to. The downside is that if you fuck up and cast either of those spells without Divinity active then you find yourself playing catchup.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I have to say that the combination of the way healing aggro works and boss fights with lots of adds isn't very PUG-friendly. Seems that more often than not, the cleric will spend most of the fight kiting/tanking adds.
Pretty much what I was doing during adds in that dragon fight. Hard for tank to get aggro on every mob when 5 adds spawn and he's starting with zero threat.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
10 minutes into the second try I dropped group because I was bored. A mid level normal difficulty dungeon shouldn't have a fight that hard, or that fucking long. I just want to get my loots, completely my daily and move on with my fucking life.
Seems reasonable to me. This dogpile is some lemming shit. That should be a joke dungeon as an incentive to participate in group activity. It's not a joke at all, and that should be addressed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well this game has some issues on class mechanics. Basically it goes like this, you have 3 DPS class, one is tagged "control" but GWF does control too by offtanking and slam massive aoe slow, CW however is ranged(not very long range if you want to maximize DPS) and has arcane singularity. Both have their places though, they do massive aoe dmg and complement each other. Then you have rogues which somehow can keep up on damage done in an aoe encounter while their aoe sucks. This right there is pretty retarded, since it means their single target is so far off they can keep up with aoeing, and aoes aren't weaker spells either they tend to do single target dmg, in an aoe.

Then you have the issues with the guardian and the cleric. GF is a tank, however it's virtually impossible to hold aggro off anything but the main boss, and the bonuses you get to tankiness don't actually make you tanky enough to really tank everything regardless without kiting a lot, the result is the most useful build as a GFis actually a DPS build which lets you hold aggro better and also kill shit faster, especially the boss, while everyone else deals with the adds(you just mark them for more dmg). On the other hand, the cleric is basically the best aggro tank in the game and as long as they stand in their circle of healing shit, they can tank as well as guardians anyway, so they become the tank(and the healer, however healer isn't really an active role as much as healing random aoe dmg your DPS take with semi random aoe heals that you only need to place in the area you're going to be kiting in). Leads to pretty dumb mechanics since the guardian can't really peel shit off the healer, and if the healer is bad/doesn't expect to tank, which is most healers in pubs, then you're gonna have a hard time.

The classes are fun to play but the group mechanics are pretty fucked up I think, plus nothing really prepares you to that shit, especially clerics, most of them don't expect they'll have to tank, when really it's most likely they'll have to, regardless of the tank. On most boss fights after the werewolf, I spent my time force taunting and knocking down adds on the healer, than actually tanking them because it's almost impossible to grab multiple targets back on you. 1 or 2 is alright but when it's 5-6adds popping at the same time, fuck that. It's not necessarily a bad mechanics it's just absolutely not obvious.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
keys are from zen shop.

I have noted a design flaw in rogues. The "dex primary" appears to be a lie. Str is primary. Then charisma, then dex.
Is this a 4e problem or just a this game problem?

I have not really broken down how rogue DW works.
Yeah, Strength seems to be a bit better than Dex for DPS, though I guess Dex has more side effects like deflection?

This isn't a 4e thing, Dex is definitely primary, and a Trickster Rogue build should get fair bonus from Charisma and little to nothing from Strength. The Scoundrel Rogue, the other core 4e PHB1 Rogue build, gets a nice bonus from Strength secondary and is probably the higher DPS of those two (core) Rogue types, the Trickster having a bit more defense and control. They tried to make the stats more clever here and strayed from a lot of the 4e functionality.

The big thing from 4e is how Combat Advantage works and gives bonuses as well as being able to have limited stealth-on-demand.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The instigator tree for Great Weapon Fighter is going to be broke as a joke if they ever give Guardian Fighters some semblance of reliable AOE aggro. +50% Power? That's a pretty big % scalar increase to a core combat stat, especially when the class isn't balanced around having it up 100% of the time because it's just one of the "options" for end-line talent. Luckily, it's completely worthless in AOE situations due to Guardians not being able to hold AOE aggro off of a wet rag.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They better not fuck with that, since that's what I'm working towards. From what I've read, the stacks are almost constantly up but the number fluctuates.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Then you have the issues with the guardian and the cleric. GF is a tank, however it's virtually impossible to hold aggro off anything but the main boss, and the bonuses you get to tankiness don't actually make you tanky enough to really tank everything regardless without kiting a lot, the result is the most useful build as a GFis actually a DPS build which lets you hold aggro better and also kill shit faster, especially the boss, while everyone else deals with the adds(you just mark them for more dmg). On the other hand, the cleric is basically the best aggro tank in the game and as long as they stand in their circle of healing shit, they can tank as well as guardians anyway, so they become the tank(and the healer, however healer isn't really an active role as much as healing random aoe dmg your DPS take with semi random aoe heals that you only need to place in the area you're going to be kiting in). Leads to pretty dumb mechanics since the guardian can't really peel shit off the healer, and if the healer is bad/doesn't expect to tank, which is most healers in pubs, then you're gonna have a hard time.
I have played a cleric a bit and it tends to work fine as long as dps burn down the adds fast enough. If the dps don't kill the adds you will probably be too busy trying to kite/dodge AoEs to build much divine power. And once you run our of divine power you won't be doing much in the way of healing. Granted, since everything except the boss will be trying to pummel you, the only one you really need to heal is yourself. Not sure how hard the bosses hit at higher levels, but at lower levels it definitely feels like an extra cleric would be of more use than a GF in any fight with a significant number of adds.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It's like they don't want people to play this game. I couldn't register on their site because someone had already used my email address. That someone was me, because several years ago I bought Torchlight off of steam, and I guess I had to register on PW for that? yet they never sent me any email with my login details because that game didn't require login details. So after requesting my login name and a PW reset it took 12 hours for their servers to send me an email with the details.

Now i've been trying to DL the game from their site for the last 2 hours, just got back to my computer and it's stuck at 5%. There were 0 seeders available to DL it via torrent, and the mirrors are all so terribly slow, but terribly slow is better than stuck @ 5% so that's what i'm doing now.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
It's like they don't want people to play this game. I couldn't register on their site because someone had already used my email address. That someone was me, because several years ago I bought Torchlight off of steam, and I guess I had to register on PW for that? yet they never sent me any email with my login details because that game didn't require login details. So after requesting my login name and a PW reset it took 12 hours for their servers to send me an email with the details.

Now i've been trying to DL the game from their site for the last 2 hours, just got back to my computer and it's stuck at 5%. There were 0 seeders available to DL it via torrent, and the mirrors are all so terribly slow, but terribly slow is better than stuck @ 5% so that's what i'm doing now.
I've been seeding the NW torrent for the last two weeks. Looking at it now there are over 100 seeders seen in the past hour, and I'm connected to 21 peers. Make sure you have your network set up to allow your torrent client to receive incoming connections. This is typically done via port forwarding and, if necessary, a firewall exception.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Curious what you guys think of this... seems folks are having fun. Is there some meat in this one or are we looking at McMMO 10000 ?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
No real meat. It is free so it gets a pass on a lot of shit. If this game had a sub it would be in serious trouble in a month or two, but since it is free it is a pretty fun pass time. I think most people here are just playing around with it while waiting for Wildstar/TESO.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Curious what you guys think of this... seems folks are having fun. Is there some meat in this one or are we looking at McMMO 10000 ?
That depends. I don't know you or what is important to you in a game but generally:

If you are the rush to end level type you will probably be disappointed.

If you primarily like pvp, you will probably be disappointed also.

If you primarily like raiding, there is none. (5 man hard modes are it)

If you are the enjoy the ride type you will probably enjoy it for a while and possibly disappointed or not later.

+1 enjoyment if you like the Forgotten Realms and/or are a D&D nerd.

The combat is pretty fun, the lore is pretty good and the foundry is interesting.

It's free so it's pretty painless to give it a try and form your own opinion.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I've been seeding the NW torrent for the last two weeks. Looking at it now there are over 100 seeders seen in the past hour, and I'm connected to 21 peers. Make sure you have your network set up to allow your torrent client to receive incoming connections. This is typically done via port forwarding and, if necessary, a firewall exception.
heh, won't comment on your silly assumption that I don't know how torrent's work.

But it appears that the way they handle their client via versions and if you've been seeding for the last 2 weeks you aren't seeding the client that I or anyone else who goes to their site today is trying to DL. The client their site has for DL either direct or via torrents is .6 which was patched yesterday, has 0 seeds, and gets stuck at 5% via direct download from their site. The version available for direct download via partner sites is .3. that's what I DL'd today, and once launched requires a 500mb patch to become .6, though the patch notes calls it .19...

That depends. I don't know you or what is important to you in a game but generally:

If you are the rush to end level type you will probably be disappointed.

If you primarily like pvp, you will probably be disappointed also.

If you primarily like raiding, there is none. (5 man hard modes are it)

If you are the enjoy the ride type you will probably enjoy it for a while and possibly disappointed or not later.

+1 enjoyment if you like the Forgotten Realms and/or are a D&D nerd.

The combat is pretty fun, the lore is pretty good and the foundry is interesting.

It's free so it's pretty painless to give it a try and form your own opinion.
I for one am Enjoying the PvP, and For Free you can't beat enjoyable pvp. With that in mind I am not max lvl so have no idea about max lvl pvp yet, but I do plan on having full pvp epics on or around the time I hit 60