Neverwinter: PC

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was getting a bar-ish of exp per ogre kill in the foundry quest I ran. Which is about what I was getting in the ogre box mission pre-nerf. However, about half way into this mission they stopped giving exp. Not a single pixel moved on my exp bar. I'd need to run it again to know exactly when the exp shut off. So basically ogres are a great exp addition to a quest, just can't use more then like 10.
Cool, thanks for the infoz. I read some post that mentioned something about an xp cut-off that was halved in the most recent patch. Can't remember exactly, but I think it mentioned the cut-off was timed, not # of mobs, but I could be wrong. If what you say is true, it's still seems like it could be exploited by just exiting the foundry mission when you stop getting xp and start it over. Unless it flags your character when you hit a certain # of ogres. Still, all I care about is that people will get decent xp for doing normal foundry quests, so it sounds good to me.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Random amusing thing I noticed for guardian fighters. They have a +100% Attack Power feat, but their purple gear is almost devoid of attack power. I wonder what their "zomg deeeps" is like in attack power non-purples.

Also, the Ogre Run foundry quests, the ogres have an aggro radius of roughly "one arm rammed elbow deep up the arse-hole," so you can probably just run past them to the "meet the warden" quest guy at the end to finish it for the quest exp.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Random amusing thing I noticed for guardian fighters. They have a +100% Attack Power feat, but their purple gear is almost devoid of attack power. I wonder what their "zomg deeeps" is like in attack power non-purples.

Also, the Ogre Run foundry quests, the ogres have an aggro radius of roughly "one armed rammed elbow deep up the arse-hole," so you can probably just run past them to the "meet the warden" quest guy at the end to finish it for the quest exp.
If you get the tier1 set, it gives 25% of your max hp as power. You have like 25k max hp or some shit, so you have plenty of power ^^. High end guardians with the conqueror specs can actually put out ridiculous dmg, especially since you get a daily that buffs your damage by like 30%(seems to be a flat increase).

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
What is up with dungeon boss hp? Every single one I've done so far has at least 10x the hp it should have. Did a dev fall asleep on the 0 key or something?

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Hah, yeah the first time I did Malus I raged a bit. Hatorade had a work around for that encounter, but it really does need to be fixed. As a GWF you are a little embarrassed by your dps at that level as it is. Facing a guy with 10x the hp he should have just makes it worse lol.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Boss fights for skirmishes/groups are the funnest part of the game imo. They seem to all be pretty challenging once you get into the 30's, and they feel like a mini raid.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's why I like this game. Even if the dungeons are on rails, they often don't feel like it for whatever reason.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Hah, yeah the first time I did Malus I raged a bit. Hatorade had a work around for that encounter, but it really does need to be fixed. As a GWF you are a little embarrassed by your dps at that level as it is. Facing a guy with 10x the hp he should have just makes it worse lol.
Yeah. I'm finding I'm having to balance the encounters in the campaign I'm making around a GWF. Unfortunately that just means they'll be kind of trivial for the other classes.
frown.png

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
According to their forums Crit Severity may have been ninja nerfed, which means if your TR build relied on crit damage (which is basically where the TR got most of their damage from) and you didn't stack STR and Power you just got shit on hard. There is a pic of a lvl 60 TR in epic gear critting with Lashing Blade on a training dummy for under 4k. Bunch of others reporting other skills critting for far less than they did previously. I don't know how valid their complaints are but the TR forums are starting to rage.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did the game launch yet or is it in open beta? What is a good website to read up on the different classes?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did the game launch yet or is it in open beta? What is a good website to read up on the different classes?
It is still in "open beta", but they are not wiping characters, they are taking people's money, so the game is essentially launched. I do love how nearly everything they put out still has open beta on it, though, like it's an excuse. 'thanks for your patience with this unscheduled downtime during our open beta!!" Jesus Christ, man up already and call a launch a launch. I bet they are wishing now though that they hadn't committed to not wiping characters with all of the foundry abuse/ quest exploiting that has gone on.

As for a good website, resources are decidedly limited for this game. I found this link -http://forum.guildm8s.com/t/the-bada...rce-list/130/2- on the neverwinter reddit that seems to link to a bunch of class builds/guides from their forums. They also have a wiki up -http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki- that doesn't have much in the way of anything on it yet but you might get some basic info there.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Wipes are mainly used to fix things that effect the economy, or getting items you shouldn't, etc. Exploiting quests to level to max in a few hours, in a game that you can level to max legit in a few days, is hardly that big a deal.

Yeah. I'm finding I'm having to balance the encounters in the campaign I'm making around a GWF. Unfortunately that just means they'll be kind of trivial for the other classes.
frown.png
The difficulty of encounters scales extremely unevenly not only between the classes, but also across level ranges. Make sure you try stuff at multiple levels (and with a live character). Or don't bother balancing at all, and just let Cryptic do it for you (assuming you aren't doing anything innovative). After doing a few POCs in the Foundry, I have to say it?s pretty maddening trying to do anything that doesn?t adhere to the standard big block of expository quest text > go collect bear asses structure. There are some workarounds, but it does take a lot of effort. Also, 3D object placement and manipulation might be even more frustrating. I was just silently raging in my chair as I had my character running around on foot trying to edit stuff. I think I'm just going to wait for the system to become more robust before actually completing a quest.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Is it just me, or does it seem like higher level contents such as skirmishes and dungeons get easier, yet the general population gets dumber?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Another weekend... another server crash....

It's so good this is still beta and people aren't paying for.. oh.. wiat.. nm....

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I noticed the banks aren't shared, is there any way to trade stuff between characters? Was thinking of deleting an old one to check out something new but is seems a shame to waste all his crap.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I noticed the banks aren't shared, is there any way to trade stuff between characters? Was thinking of deleting an old one to check out something new but is seems a shame to waste all his crap.
You can mail yourself stuff, it says how to in the mail, basically you mail @yourhandle, no char name, and it's shared mail any char on your account can hold. If you want to share AD, put an offer to buy zen with AD(look at the top menu for the AD/Zen shop), make it minimum value which is 50AD per zen with all you AD, then cancel. Now you can withdraw that AD with any character.

And Draegan you just use the normal one unless you have money then maybe you can buy one, not even sure I know the real healer is the one you need 360daily tokens to buy. I used the normal one, it dies quickly but it still heals you between fights and you can rez her for a quick heal cast before she dies again.