New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
you know thats a 2019 movie, b/c jackies don't look like an old fuck asian genes

gave up
jackie now
a88a81b72ab563052a2cae6045de718c.png
Jackie was a contemporary of Bruce Lee. No one can defeat age forever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I grew up basically down the street from The Sportatorium in Oak Cliff. Got to hang out with them, Andre the Giant, Kabuki, etc. "backstage" because my uncle knew someone there. Destroyed my childhood fantasy world when I saw Kabuki sucking down Now-N-Laters so he could spit green poison in the ring. lol

Anyhow, the family took a lot of real life hits in what felt like rapid succession with the kids all dying. Crazy shit, man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

I grew up basically down the street from The Sportatorium in Oak Cliff. Got to hang out with them, Andre the Giant, Kabuki, etc. "backstage" because my uncle knew someone there. Destroyed my childhood fantasy world when I saw Kabuki sucking down Now-N-Laters so he could spit green poison in the ring. lol

Anyhow, the family took a lot of real life hits in what felt like rapid succession with the kids all dying. Crazy shit, man.
That must have been rough. I thought Oak Cliff was high crime/murder rate hood from around 1980 to 2010 or so. Someone said it's back to white gentrification sorta nice now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would love to watch a Randy Savage movie. him and his wife died at young ages. he was 58 and Miss Elizabeth was 42. she was with Lex Luger at the time. there is a weird story there.

• 1Like

Goatface

i would love to watch a Randy Savage movie. him and his wife died at young ages. he was 58 and Miss Elizabeth was 42. she was with Lex Luger at the time. there is a weird story there.
damn, 2003 on, has been total shit for luger

1690683670736.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
That must have been rough. I thought Oak Cliff was high crime/murder rate hood from around 1980 to 2010 or so. Someone said it's back to white gentrification sorta nice now.
Yep, it was rough. Money started leaving/moving away from my neighborhood (for obvious reasons) in the late 70's and it you could really feel it. When I graduated in '89 I joined the military and only went back a couple of times. Haven't been back to the old neighborhood in at least 20 years now. I Zillow'd my old house for shit-n-grins the other day. There's still a damn padlock on the garage door. Nothing has changed, and you'd swear I grew up White Trash.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
damn, 2003 on, has been total shit for luger

View attachment 484506
pro wrestling is really a shit life, for everyone involved. as i said, there is a very interesting and weird story there. you dont make a crazy amount of money, even a top dog like Hulk Hogan went through the grinder. then you got a seriously sad fucking story with Andre The Giant. dude couldnt stop growing and there was surgery to save him, but his heart was already too large to risk the surgery and so he had to live with the pain so he self medicated with a barrel full of beer every day until his heart just gave out. christ. there are many more examples.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If by contemporary you mean an 18 year old extra in Enter the Dragon, then sure - he was a contemporary.

Yes that's what he means. He was an adult performing at the same time.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If by contemporary you mean an 18 year old extra in Enter the Dragon, then sure - he was a contemporary.

Yes, thanks for pointing out I used the exact dictionary definition of the word?

con·tem·po·rar·y
noun
noun: contemporary; plural noun: contemporaries
  1. a person or thing living or existing at the same time as another.
    "he was a contemporary of Darwin"

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes that's what he means. He was an adult performing at the same time.

Yes, thanks for pointing out I used the exact dictionary definition of the word?

con·tem·po·rar·y
noun
noun: contemporary; plural noun: contemporaries
  1. a person or thing living or existing at the same time as another.
    "he was a contemporary of Darwin"

1690688139264.png

In the context of age I was merely pointing out the 14 year age difference and that Chan was just starting his film/stunt career. He's probably not even credited in Enter the Dragon. True career contemporaries of Bruce Lee would be people like Chuck Norris, Bob Wall, Ed Parker. Plus his various Hollywood students like Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Lebron Abdul-Jabbar etc

Perhaps if he never died young then we'd have seen more of them together.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
View attachment 484511

In the context of age I was merely pointing out the 14 year age difference and that Chan was just starting his film/stunt career. He's probably not even credited in Enter the Dragon. True career contemporaries of Bruce Lee would be people like Chuck Norris, Bob Wall, Ed Parker. Plus his various Hollywood students like Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Lebron Abdul-Jabbar etc

Perhaps if he never died young then we'd have seen more of them together.
You can double down on being wrong if you want. I said he was a contemporary of Bruce Lee, and he was. There was no qualifier or adjective involved.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You can double down on being wrong if you want. I said he was a contemporary of Bruce Lee, and he was. There was no qualifier or adjective involved.

Where in the post you're quoting am I disagreeing with you?

P.S

I wrote my dissertation on Bruce Lee.