New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
jason statham + bees

nicolas cage bees GIF
I would steal this movie if it were possible to do so, online, with zero consequences.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Michael Bacall will write the new take which is expected to be much more faithful to King’s original work.

• 2Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
iu

i know Idris Elba will be Ben Richards and Arthur Killian will be Whitey McWhiterson

Goatface

some book setup spoilers -

book is sorta run of the mill "hunting man" now, except everyone and the government are playing. richards is a tradesman that goes against the authorities one to many times, ends up blacklisted from work. years later, he is jobless and lives in gov housing, with his wife and sick kid. wife is secretly prostituting herself to keep them going. he signs up to do the running man show. running man has to survive 30 days and can go anywhere in the world. they earn $100 per hour plus $100 for every hunter or cop they kill. prize is $1 billion. people earn money reporting on them.
while the book was written in 1982, it is set in 2025. there is some new tech, but nothing like the internet. runners are giving a digital recorder that weighs like 6lb and has to snail mail 2 vids per day back to the studio.
don't see how you could be faithful to the book if set today, where they would be followed and live streamed from the go.

was looking to see what has been release, found when the movie was 1st announced few years ago cinemablend (spoils the ending to the novel ) was already calling for him to be black
1698771408208.png

1698771492601.png

early on, richards drops n bomb during a word association test, when he meets killian, who is very black and the show's producer not host, says phrase was outlawed in the early 2000's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
some book setup spoilers -

book is sorta run of the mill "hunting man" now, except everyone and the government are playing. richards is a tradesman that goes against the authorities one to many times, ends up blacklisted from work. years later, he is jobless and lives in gov housing, with his wife and sick kid. wife is secretly prostituting herself to keep them going. he signs up to do the running man show. running man has to survive 30 days and can go anywhere in the world. they earn $100 per hour plus $100 for every hunter or cop they kill. prize is $1 billion. people earn money reporting on them.
while the book was written in 1982, it is set in 2025. there is some new tech, but nothing like the internet. runners are giving a digital recorder that weighs like 6lb and has to snail mail 2 vids per day back to the studio.
don't see how you could be faithful to the book if set today, where they would be followed and live streamed from the go.

was looking to see what has been release, found when the movie was 1st announced few years ago cinemablend (spoils the ending to the novel ) was already calling for him to be black
View attachment 498087
View attachment 498088

early on, richards drops n bomb during a word association test, when he meets killian, who is very black and the show's producer not host, says phrase was outlawed in the early 2000's.
i can see where they would think he should be black, but the area this is set in is almost all white. plus they got their diversity box checked by having Killian be black. Richards is the hero, but through most of the novel he is painted as a villain. its only after he kidnaps the rich woman and holds her hostage does this shift to more of a rich vs poor angle. which is dangerous. if they do a race swap and have Killian be the white devil and Richards be the victimized black. then you know this is going to be pure fucking trash.

spronk

FPS noob
kinda wild if true, never even heard of it but i'd love a road runner movie

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
kinda wild if true, never even heard of it but i'd love a road runner movie

Will Forte, John Cena and Lana Condor star in the movie which follows Wile E. Coyote, who, after Acme products fail him one too many times in his dogged pursuit of the Roadrunner, decides to hire a billboard lawyer to sue the Acme Corporation. The case pits Wile E. and his lawyer (Forte) against the latter’s intimidating former boss (Cena), but a growing friendship between man and cartoon stokes their determination to win.

This is bullshit. I had no idea this was even coming out and I'm pissed about it. I hope it gets leaked.

• 2Like