new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The whole thing has been shady as fuck from the get-go. I can't recall ever seeing a single gfx card launch that had no direct, obvious comparisons to the cards it was replacing - they know the card is going to bench fairly poorly compared to the current offerings (which ultimately is all that matters in September of 2018, if RT becomes a thing and does end up being the future of gaming, these aren't going to be the cards to power you into that world), so they spend the entire 2 hours fumble dicking around talking about RT. It was a terrible presentation anyway.

But they don't give a fuck - how many retards on neogaf immediately went out and pre-ordered this shit to the point its sold out across the internet? Thousands. Tens of thousands. They can charge what they want, can control reviewers because if you don't like it, fuck you that's why. It's a sham.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Canceled my pre order. Even if performance is not up to NVIDIAs next go round for AMD if its in the same ballpark thats where my $ is going to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not only that, the CEO said it would be a long time before the announcement of the new cards for people on the fence of waiting for a new card or buying a 1080/1080ti. 8 weeks later they have an entire presentation of the new cards with months of marketing work. So this ass KNEW full front and center what he was doing.

I hope they continue to get exposed, and I hope they get a nice chunk bit out of their asses.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That's just some unverified uploaded benchmark score and shouldn't be taken seriously anyways, Nvidia bullshittery aside.

• 2Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That's quite a bit worse than my 1080TI, and costs $200 more. GJ! I would have guessed that the 2070 would be almost at those scores, the fact it's likely the 2080 is a joke and explains why they want this shit under wraps.

sometimes I question if everyone see's the same objective reality.

this is a good indication that the RTX 2080 will outperform a GTX 1080Ti by a small percentage and heavily outperform a GTX 1080

• 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So 2-5% performance increase for $200 more? Seems legit

I've got a great beachfront home in Arizona, if you're so inclined.

• 2Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
So 2-5% performance increase for $200 more? Seems legit
a person like you should probably skip this gen, but there's more to the story than that.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark TimeSpy Score Leaked - Clocked At 2GHz And Beats A GTX 1080 Ti Without AI Cores

This means the RTX 2080 is 37% faster than the GTX 1080 and 6% more than a GTX 1080 Ti at conventional shading performance. I am fairly certain actual games with optimized drivers will be able to hit the 40% to 50% performance improvement sweet spot once these things actually hit the shelves.

Considering the price is almost twice that of the GTX 1080, does it justify it? Well, that is something only the buyer can decide, but it is worth mentioning at this point that the real selling point of Turing isn’t the conventional shader engine, it’s actually the AI core and the ray tracing cores

The AI core will allow NVIDIA to hit performance levels that were physically impossible under the shader count spec before. With DLSS, NVIDIA can use deep learning to accelerate FPS and performance to ridiculous levels and can prove to be the single biggest selling point of the graphics card series. Opinion about RT is conflicted right now, but I personally feel that a 40%-100% performance uplift with AI and RTX tech is a good value proposition for the company.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but it does raytracing... the future of gaming, now! Wait, what? Not now? OK, years from now.

raytracing is not a big deal prob take a gen to get it fast done well enough, dlss is a much bigger deal can get card to more than double framerate of past gen.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You can put a warp capacitor worm hole delta six tango AI converter drive on the fucking thing for all I care fanaskin fanaskin , if it's 5% better at best than a 1080ti at $200 above the cost, combined with every other shady tactic we have seen crop out of this company in the last 8 weeks, they can shove it up their ass and warp to Andromeda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
if it's 5% better at best than a 1080ti at $200 above the cost, combined with every other shady tactic we have seen crop out of this company in the last 8 weeks, they can shove it up their ass and warp to Andromeda.

you should write comedy this is funny lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh and also, I am sure glad we have Phys-X. I have seen a TON of this in our games. And this was 9 years ago :p

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
raytracing is not a big deal prob take a gen to get it fast done well enough, dlss is a much bigger deal can get card to more than double framerate of past gen.

How does dlss double framerates? Hell, I hadn't even heard of it until these cards were unveiled.