new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ah shit there's a forza horizon 4 demo, perfect. 28GB worth for one map lol.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe I could just set the UW resolution on that ancient Titanium client and it works.

oh yeah, my thing arrived today. OSSUM!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Holy shit that's a good deal.

Crossposting this to a few threads.

EDIT: it's 799.99 when you click on it, not sure why the link is showing 879.99.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have 4 Dell 17% off coupons left for the year if anyone is interested in getting it for $747.

• 1WTF

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All I see is a dead link. Is it for a monitor? I need a new monitor

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Those alienwares are notorious for having issues with their 120hz OC, resulting in flickering issues. I'm not sure I'd buy one unless it was from Dell due to their really good warranty service with their premium monitors.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
Those alienwares are notorious for having issues with their 120hz OC, resulting in flickering issues. I'm not sure I'd buy one unless it was from Dell due to their really good warranty service with their premium monitors.
I think that was an issue with certain Nvidia drivers. A lot of people who posted flickering problems claimed it was fixed after a new driver update or reverting to an old driver.

Mind you, people post issues with practically every monitor. Personally, I've never had any issues with mine.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think that was an issue with certain Nvidia drivers. A lot of people who posted flickering problems claimed it was fixed after a new driver update or reverting to an old driver.

Mind you, people post issues with practically every monitor. Personally, I've never had any issues with mine.

No, this was specifically a monitor issue as downclocking it would fix the issue until it degraded more with each subsequent downclock until you just went down to the base 100hz. Also, Dell was accepting replacements/returns for it. I think they put out a revised version that either fixed the issue or reduced the amount of them.

For what it's worth though, it was the only negative about the monitor I've ever seen that wasn't standard IPS issues. I almost bought one for myself several times but decided that the extra screen width wasn't worth the performance costs.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
always weird adjusting to a new monitor.

Give it a week, it'll be normal.
I think a few days have proven you right. I love this monitor now even though I know I'll want to upgrade in like, 5 years. I went ten years loving my previous monitor, but I don't think this'll last that long. There's just too much good shit on the horizon.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
2jDJyag.jpg
Approved!

images

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What you can't see is that I screwed in a random stripof scrap metal to support the rear part of the monitor's tripod-like base.

• 4Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users