new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

gak

<Gold Donor>
$ 2500.00 to play RMA roulette...
NVIDIA TITAN RTX, The Titan of Turing Graphics Cards Unveiled

no.gif

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Normally you'd have to rob a jewelery store for this kind of volume to value rate.

Wouldn't you expect HDMI 2.1 on such a card?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For $2500 I'd expect when that thing dies it would qualify to be called a hooker.

• 2Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well if you have a business/make content creation, that thing is probably a no brainier tax write off. $2500 is nothing. Our workstations at work have Quattros that are double that price. All for the peace of mind that your CAD station does not crash resulting in hours worth of work loss.

But for gaming that article mentions only a 10% gain over the 2080ti so def not worth. I guess if you have small dick syndrome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I thought the titans cost like 3k or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it seems good, but... who cares, its literally 1 game.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well I ended up picking one of these up but I haven't installed a graphics card in forever. Do I need to do a fresh install of windows or can I just swap them out and everything works?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well I ended up picking one of these up but I haven't installed a graphics card in forever. Do I need to do a fresh install of windows or can I just swap them out and everything works?

Use this in safe mode: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.4 Released ! (be sure to select the right brand of drivers to uninstall. AMD if you had an AMD card, or intel or nvidia etc...) and then just install the latest nvidia drivers per usual and you're good to go

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Ideally uninstall your old video card drivers just incase. Then put it in and install them fresh from nvidia. But usually im lazy on personal video card installations and just plug the sumbitch in and download latest drivers/reinstall them clean.

But don't need to touch your windows install for video.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love my monitor now.

Running a 3 screen settup, nvidia surround, 7680x1440. For games that support it, the immersion is incredible. Just love the widescreen setup, will never go back to the little square.

Using Strix 980's in SLI though. They still work great and can run most games in ultra, but setup is 4 years old now and SLI isn't much of a thing anymore. Seriously considering upgrading to this card.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it seems good, but... who cares, its literally 1 game.

Same reason I felt duped for running SLI. Cutting edge games wouldn't support it until what felt like years after it came out :p

iannis

Musty Nester
Just installed a 1060ssc

this thing is fucking huge. I remember the days when my entire computer weighed less than this monster.

I know, I'm a few years behind the curve. The games I play could almost run on a 460 though. ACtually, I don't even own a game that will stress this card.

time to get rdd2 and set everything to ultra I guess? That probably wouldn't even do it.

• 2Seriously?