new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

iannis

Musty Nester
About a hundred more. They were right at 250 this month.

I still haven't found a game that even requires this one though. So they're going to face sluggish markets even if the price is reasonable.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only works for 4k res, so it's useless to you afaik
The new info about the cheaper RTX line apparently says BF will support 1080p DLSS so it should work at any resolution, just need to do whatever things you have to do with Nvidia to get it working, which I assume a lot of companies won't bother.

Says the new RTX cards are being bundled with Anthem though so I guess this might also use DLSS and/or RTX.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The new info about the cheaper RTX line apparently says BF will support 1080p DLSS so it should work at any resolution, just need to do whatever things you have to do with Nvidia to get it working, which I assume a lot of companies won't bother.

Says the new RTX cards are being bundled with Anthem though so I guess this might also use DLSS and/or RTX.

Well, they can(and do) say anything, but I'm not sure even something like DLSS could make downsampled 1080 look good, and his monitor is 1440 which would require different pre calculated stuff, so even that wouldn't help him. Unless I'm misunderstanding the tech, which is entirely possible consider how much bullshit Nvidia tosses out their about their tech. I honestly haven't put much effort into it as I'm assuming it will be as irrelevant as physx within a year or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will probably get a 2060 this year unless AMD comes out with something comparable.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
2nd customer today who have Artifact issue with his RTX 2080 ti (MSI brand). And as usual MSI deny there is a problem...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
About a hundred more. They were right at 250 this month.

I still haven't found a game that even requires this one though. So they're going to face sluggish markets even if the price is reasonable.
Where were you seeing $250 for a 1080? eBay?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 To Cost $349 US, Full Performance Leaked

Jan 15 $349 about the same as a 1080 i guess?

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-1080p-Gaming-Performance-Benchmarks.png

58 FPS on BF1 with Raytracing on Ultra?

Isn't that complete bs?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Call it RayTracing garbage it's gonna be months till games actually take advantage of the tech, they should have held off and allowed more time for actual dev, instead of just cramming it into the new GPU's, what a mess..

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i just ordered a 1080 TI

im rocking real cards, real tech. No RTX stock quarterly report boosting gimmick. They bundled the 2080s with BF5 because they are desperate to sell people on the RTX.

The RTX is straight ass. Its tech we don't need. Not months, but years away. "months" not a chance.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I got 2 1080's now , figured why not it's a write off for me either way...

Naa it's not gonna take that long for stuff to actually use it.. now optimizing it is a totally different problem, that nvidia and the developers need work on. I'm sure if dev's would have actually been given 6-8months of play time with the new RTX extensions it would have helped.

Crone

I've got a 970 now, and want to upgrade, but when I do , I also want to upgrade to new monitors. The price point on the 2060 is nice, and would be a great upgrade for me, however there's nothing I play that is lagging behind on the 970 at the moment. Plan is to wait it out another year, and get something then. Hopefully from AMD!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Without watching an unreasonably long video (yoohoo yt ad money), what got patched? BFV or the RTX drivers?

• 1Picard

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There was a patch for BF5 but in their analysis video they're also running two different nVidia drivers. Either way it seems to be a pretty significant improvement in implementation.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I've got a 970 now, and want to upgrade, but when I do , I also want to upgrade to new monitors. The price point on the 2060 is nice, and would be a great upgrade for me, however there's nothing I play that is lagging behind on the 970 at the moment. Plan is to wait it out another year, and get something then. Hopefully from AMD!
If you were going to upgrade monitors at the same time you'd probably want to go 1440p not 1080 which is where the 2060 looks to be targeted. Go for a card that will do 1440p, its a really nice upgrade from 1080.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was a patch for BF5 but in their analysis video they're also running two different nVidia drivers. Either way it seems to be a pretty significant improvement in implementation.
Sure would have been nice to know by comparing raytracing performance on a second game whether it was EA or Nvidia who shit the bed on the raytracing performance!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Sure would have been nice to know by comparing raytracing performance on a second game whether it was EA or Nvidia who shit the bed on the raytracing performance!

Tell the developers to implement faster!

• 1Worf

Crone

If you were going to upgrade monitors at the same time you'd probably want to go 1440p not 1080 which is where the 2060 looks to be targeted. Go for a card that will do 1440p, its a really nice upgrade from 1080.
Oh yes, the pieces are not all just right yet for me to upgrade. 27" , 1440p, 144hz, and hopefully Freesync because AMD comes out with something amazing.

Or I just say F it, stay with the 970, and keep going with console since Playstation keeps coming out with great hits!

• 1WTF