new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's no reason to assume that RDR2 won't wind up on PC. The original wasn't because it was a incredibly poorly programmed game full of spaghetti code that almost resulted in it never being made in the first place, let alone as a PC port. GTAV has done rather well on PC, and they'll likely want the same for RDR2 once they've waited long enough to double-dip purchases.

And talking about exclusives is stupid in the console vs PC arguments because console exclusives are artificial, while PC exclusives come from console limitations (multiplayer/input limitations/closed system shit) not to mention that the amount of console exclusives that PC doesn't have access to is far fewer now than previously due to MS finally getting their head out of their ass, and many of the other 3rd party companies ditching the stupid "PC gaming is dead" stuff.

I own a kickass PC and I own a PS4 Pro. I enjoy both for different reasons. Why the fuck people insist on debating which is better is beyond me. Enjoy your shit and just shut the fuck up. Your life is not validated by your purchasing decisions.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
w5XFns7.jpg

3UYF7T1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There's no reason to assume that RDR2 won't wind up on PC. The original wasn't because it was a incredibly poorly programmed game full of spaghetti code that almost resulted in it never being made in the first place, let alone as a PC port. GTAV has done rather well on PC, and they'll likely want the same for RDR2 once they've waited long enough to double-dip purchases.

And talking about exclusives is stupid in the console vs PC arguments because console exclusives are artificial, while PC exclusives come from console limitations (multiplayer/input limitations/closed system shit) not to mention that the amount of console exclusives that PC doesn't have access to is far fewer now than previously due to MS finally getting their head out of their ass, and many of the other 3rd party companies ditching the stupid "PC gaming is dead" stuff.

I own a kickass PC and I own a PS4 Pro. I enjoy both for different reasons. Why the fuck people insist on debating which is better is beyond me. Enjoy your shit and just shut the fuck up. Your life is not validated by your purchasing decisions.

I own all that too so I can validate my life. Without it, I can’t tell you what’s better and your opinions 😜🤣

In all seriousness your bang for buck is better on console when taking totality of the circumstances. Doesn’t have anything with telling anyone to shut the fuck up. (Let’s get passive aggressive more by the way). What it means is 90% of people out there realize value for their dollar spent. And while you may feel your dollar is spent well on 1200 dollar video cards, the market doesn’t reflect it. That’s all there is to it there guy. And artificial or not, PlayStation has a strangle hold on awesome games this gen and blows all platforms away.

I used to love PC and the power behind - but let’s tell it like it is today. Least common denominator development has stifled the power of PC gaming regardless. I’m sure you can remember when games like strike commander, crysis, shit name about 30, where the delta between PC and Console was completely the opposite of where it is today. Now we get ports, usually from third party, who toss some shit together with minor upgrades. That delta used to be drastic.

And quality with that has never been such a toss up. HDR is tilting that even further. (PC will catch up - imagine saying THAT ten years ago) in HDR. But with a lack of investment from developers in PC gaming as it was a while ago, that delta may not even exist and possibly will shift completely to console. What sucks is we all will see a decline in the graphical improvements we could see, because why target a two million target with a 400 million investment when you can damn near hit the same mark and target 140 million with a 150 million dollar investment.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Damn, did I mix up the FOH history? I could've sworn it was Sean's. Help me ob1 Erronius Erronius , you're my only hope!
I have no fucking idea; I think I saw a few pics of Seans entertainment system and it just looked like a generic white trash walmart setup to me (though Sean would likely argue that point, I'm sure)

I didn't even catch the HDD RPM drama until after the fact, because Sean was already at the point that his spastic emotional postings conjured up this mental image of an asthmatic man running a marathon while trying to breathe through his own urethra

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
We're all Screamfeeder Screamfeeder here. ScreamCo...for all of your forum identity needs!

mcvzHSc.jpg
Thank you citizen for the free advertising.

Expect a visit from your local ScreamCo, INC Brand Identity Consultant & Trademark Violation Penalty Assessor . Please comply or you will be subject to fines and penalties ranging from long imprisonment and fast death to short imprisonment and long death. As always, thank you for choosing ScreamCo, INC.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That setup would require me bring my PC downstairs to the TV. Way too lazy when my PS4 is already there.
I ran like 30 feet of hdmi / usb from my office to my living room. It's a little unwieldy but it works.

Turns out my three year old doesn't want to watch his old man play video games, wtf?

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also I'm thinking about getting a GTX 1080 Ti to replace my GTX970. I was going to get an RTX2080, but it seems like it's not going to be a good enough value. I like the idea of RTX, I just am more interested in general 4k gaming and don't think I'll use RTX any more than I used Hairworks.

But I'm waiting for good benchmarks of the new cards.