new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For bigger screens, for sure.

I'm just old I guess. I don't need a Farenheiht 451 style Wall Television. I don't even want one. I guess that really is the direction we're going. It's not the worst thing.

I was just at costco yesterday picking up sundry supplies and a dude was at the cash register checking out a 82" samsung. I was jelly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
For bigger screens, for sure.

I'm just old I guess. I don't need a Farenheiht 451 style Wall Television. I don't even want one. I guess that really is the direction we're going. It's not the worst thing.

Theres also a big "you don't know what you're missing" factor to it all. Spend a little bit of time with this stuff and it becomes impossible to go back, but that can only happen if you're exposed to it. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
How does Minecraft look in 4k at 120Hz?

Glorious

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wonder how much longer TVs will continue to be a thing with the advancements in VR. Once VR displays get high enough quality why bother with a TV and the room it takes up when you can just pop on a headset.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Wonder how much longer TVs will continue to be a thing with the advancements in VR. Once VR displays get high enough quality why bother with a TV and the room it takes up when you can just pop on a headset.

Many many many generations past ours. Eating together and playing together is something we wont forget as humans. Sipping some fine wines and ales with a fire/tv will be around for hundreds of more years.

My wife tried to get me to get headsets for us while we make a fucking racket while hanging out. That was firmly squashed in 2 seconds. Absolutely not.

"Youre just watching tv and making noise" - Thats what we do.

• 3Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My SLI 980s can handle a 7(more maybe?) year old game at 60 fps, RTX cards sux! checkmate atheists.

I maintain 60 fps in most newer games at max settings at 7680x1440. Only BF5 and a couple others give me trouble. Still don't understand why that bothers anyone.

As I said the Warframe shots were easy to find. Didn't expect you all would nitpick that. Wow, how retarded.

Now that games like BF5 are coming out, expect to be building a new system at the end of the year. Which means I was able to keep this one for 5 years and not have to turn things down except for a couple of games. I love that. I hope my next machine lasts that long.

Couple of screens from newer games. Have some of even the newest games but not sure where they are atm. Just bought a 1TB ssd and stuff has been moved around.

Destiny 2
Screenshot (630).png

Screenshot (2066).png

Black Desert
2016-03-21_2285842.PNG

2016-03-21_2294715.PNG

I fully recommend the Nvidia surround experience btw. The immersion can only be beat by VR and VR doesn't have nearly the same resolution.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

We're a long way off from that. People prioritize comfort over pretty much everything when it comes to home entertainment, and messing around with putting on/taking off a headset whenever you need to get up to piss etc... is going to be a big turnoff. Not to mention the anti-social aspect of it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Screenshots of BDO in a town (doesn't BDO still cap FPS at 30 in towns? Game is also several years old) to prove the game doesn't stress your system? And then you say that you're going to upgrade your system for newer games and admit that some newer games do, in fact, give your system problems?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshots of BDO in a town (doesn't BDO still cap FPS at 30 in towns? Game is also several years old) to prove the game doesn't stress your system? And then you say that you're going to upgrade your system for newer games and admit that some newer games do, in fact, give your system problems?

Yes, you are a retard. Got it.

You should probably go back and take reading comprehension 101.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hey guys, my 980 SLI setup runs bdo at 7680x1440 60fps with zero issues, here's a screenshot of me sitting in town to prove it!

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It doesn't. I just think it's funny how you came into the thread shittalking people while bragging about how your system runs everything at max and now a few posts later you're talking about how new games give it problems and you want/need to upgrade. I could care less about your setup but if you want to act like a moron i'm gonna poke fun at you for it.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't shit talking until morons like you started to attack me.

If you don't like the result then stop being a moron.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Post a video of you doing anything meaningful at all in BDO at 60fps on max settings and i'll apologize. Or keep being a salty cunt. I'm ok with either.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL, Yep. Now comes the "Prove it" stupidity. You have gone full retard.

I'm not going to waste my time with doing that and you know it. I don't have anything to prove here. If you don't believe me that's your issue, not mine.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
While Grim1 Grim1 can be a tard at times, I think there's an overreaction going on. This is what he said to begin:

Main reason I haven't upgraded also (980's), nothing really taxes my system even now. The new cards / cpus are definitely an improvement over mine and normally I would be upgrading by now. But we seem to have reached a magical era where the power curve is way ahead of the software.

Probably will build a new system with the 10nan intel chips when they finally get that figured out. End of this year it looks like.

That is not an aggressive post in any way. It was only after he got flak for that post that he got salty/snotty (as did those talking to him).

• 4Like