New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are these free transfers or paid. I was under the impression they would be paid.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm gonna go cleric & mage I think. Also, I am going to just guess that transfers won't open for a while... like, at least months while, but I could be wrong.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are these free transfers or paid. I was under the impression they would be paid.
No one knows.

This is from Roshen just now :

When Lockjaw opens, there won't be transfers.

Once Lockjaw opens, we want this server to develop naturally as progression servers do. We want all players to have the same opportunity for the content on Lockjaw, regardless on how much time those players have been able (or not been able) to play on Ragefire.

After we have some information on what population looks like on Ragefire and Lockjaw after this second server launches, we'll see what we want to do with transfers.
403 Forbidden

And response to someone who made a comment about "I notice no mention of free transfers":

I'm not trying to hide anything regarding free vs paid servers.

If the Lockjaw server is underpopulated, or if LONG Ragefire queues never end, free transfers may be a good solution.

If Lockjaw's population takes off immediately after launch, free transfers are probably NOT a healthy thing for that server.

We're going to see how things on Lockjaw go first, before we come to a decision on the best way to handle transfers for this server.
403 Forbidden

I wasn't planning on boxing but then I got into ISBoxer. Now I am addicted! Choosing a 3 box is tough..

SK - Druid - Enchanter:
SK - Cleric - Enchanter:
Ranger - Cleric - Enchanter:
Pali - Druid - Enchanter:

Or I could always do Tank - Shaman - DPS.. but I don't think I can play without clarity or mez.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I bought a bunch of exp pots I didn't use yet. Guess that was a waste.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Roshen also said a queue was impossible and would never happen shortly before the queue system was announced.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That reminds me of the days of exp penalties and the claims over and over by Abashi how it was impossible to remove them. Mathematicians would post master's thesis level dissertations on why that was bullshit and he'd just stick to his guns. NOPE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.

Still grumps me up a bit to think about.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reminds me a lot of Abashi, too. Just goes rogue and says a bunch of shit without confirming anything with anyone who actually knows.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the most part I pretty much absolve Community Rep/Manager etc people from blame when it comes to gaming(hell any aspect of life). I just see them as a spokesman, told what to say and when and that's about it. It's got to be a horrid job imo, every one blames you for every problem and you are just literally reading from a paper that the people in charge gave you :p

Not including personal behavior, but when it comes to the actual product they are representing.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I actually like the timing of all of this... I knew it would be a cluster at opening but didn't know it would be quite this bad but nevertheless, I don't feel like I got a good run and go with everyone. I've also knocked the rust off and have a feel for the early zones and such. Maybe LJ will be a little more laid back. I came from Lanys so i'm used to a teddy bear server but there's little that can be done as others have said. Long as the mages are the way they are, that's going to happen. It really doesn't impact me though.

I'll be rolling a bard on LJ. Looking forward to TFO peeps and trying this again. Hopefully without the need of 2-3 hour queues.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SK - Druid - Enchanter:
SK - Cleric - Enchanter:
Pali - Druid - Enchanter: This is an intriguing 3-box, because there is about zero overlap in abilities and it checks just about all the boxes.

• Paladin- Plate tanking, lull pulls, stuns, roots, stacking HP buffs, Rez, Heals in a pinch
  • Druid- Heals, Dots, Nukes, Snares, Tracking, Ports, Damage Shields, SoW, Stacking Mana Regen HP buffs
  • Enchanter- Clarity, Haste, Slows, Debuffs, Mez's, Charm's w/druid snare & heals is great higher level combo
The only question would be if you can really maximize efficiency of each character.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't planning on boxing but then I got into ISBoxer. Now I am addicted! Choosing a 3 box is tough..

SK - Druid - Enchanter:
SK - Cleric - Enchanter:

Or I could always do Tank - Shaman - DPS.. but I don't think I can play without clarity or mez.
The boxing tools these days are amazing and incredibly easy to use. I boxed a SK Wiz Bard(shouldve been enchanter) on live and did all group content in the latest expansion which is decidedly non trivial for tanks without raid gear. It almost ruins grouping to have so much control over multiple characters. As for the box, I just can't imagine living without Sow, Track and ports so I'd take Druid over Cleric, plus theyre good PLers. Not sure if clerics are all that needed outside of the harder named targets which will be locked down 24/7 anyway.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We're having an awesome response, made the call for static group apps expecting to fill three static groups and now we're looking at five, maybe six and we have people in reserve to jump in and box people while they sleep too.

Vaclav

Congrats to you then for striking gold. And if people know you, then it's not really a pick up group, is it. I, on the other hand have not managed to find a single pug that did not contain multiple mouth breathers lacking even the most basic EQ skills.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with my being behind the leveling curve for the first several days.

Neither of which changes the fact I've witnessed multiple "rangers suck" and "don't group with rangers" exchanges on the class chat channels.
Well, being a known quantity as I am is always going to screw with things a bit (I've got people from 10-11 years ago that still remember me and try to do stuff with me, guilded with me or not because I'm that personality type when it comes to online gaming).

But I've been in groups with OTHER tanks regularly (and keep in mind even though SOME know me, usually my groups are half pug - often the healers were pug) - and they still preferred me to doing the tanking and pulling rather than the paladin or warrior I've been with. [not grouped with an SK yet]

And honestly half the ranger channel is us joking around about such, my guildchat often makes jokes about it as well, but the intent is completely nonserious since they come back often with comments like: "But I know you'll be outtanking me once defensive is down as you always do, Aszuth" (Comment from one of guild warriors, generally our #2 warrior on past servers - tanking Quarm and Bees in era has made me a bit of legend when it comes to non-warrior tankability)

Vaclav

SK - Druid - Enchanter:
SK - Cleric - Enchanter:

I'd go Pali-Druid-Enchanter - but replace the ENC with the very similar Bard. (Mez + C equivalents)
Ranger-Cleric-Bard as a second option.

[In short Bard > Enchanter for boxing in my opinion]