New Progression Server confirmed

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea my Ranger is 19 now and the struggle is accentuated by just how much better mage/nec and monk are for dps. I mean its not terrible, I find groups, but the performance gap is pretty big.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yea my Ranger is 19 now and the struggle is accentuated by just how much better mage/nec and monk are for dps. I mean its not terrible, I find groups, but the performance gap is pretty big.
Fear not! Rangers get really good in like 2 years!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Rangers look awesome, and having a snare in group is super useful. Holy F, it's annoying, when you train yourself in UGuk because one of the frogs runs away at lightning speeds. Lol.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, like, I really don't want to 2 box. I've got an 11 mage on an account with, uh, whatever is 3 months from 2 days before ragefire opened of play time on it. Something like that. You don't need to keep the mage either if you don't want, I frankly don't care.

Free to whoever asks nicest or highest bidder I guess.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
So here's the deal on the PL's bro's. Essentially once I finish camping Lord Chokesondick (need a live version spawn) I'm going to grind out my last level on the cleric then I'm going to start my next box crew. If you're already 33+ I can PL you on my current guys, we'll go sit in LGuk for a few hours, you pop a potion, we knock out serious levels. For the lowbies, I'm going to be saving a few spots in my next box set to drag people along while I use my cleric and a mage to PL with HP buffs and DS. Keep in mind that my playtime is all over the place atm while I'm working on some certifications, but generally I won't be able to PL from 530pm EST til 11pm EST, unless its a weekend.
I'll take you up on that offer if you've got a spot.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm not sure if this is reflected in every raiding guild right now but our DPS is MUCH higher than it was on the last round of progression servers.

This is our most recent Hand of Veeshan kill, the time from tank engage to mob death is 67 seconds.

This is Faceless killing Hand of Veeshan on Vulak, the time from tank engage to mob death is 116 seconds. Note that we had one mage pet, but we almost certainly had a harm touch or two in there.

The Vulak kill occurred on 22MAY2011, when you count the Sony hack of 2011 (EQ was down completely) this means we were approx 8 or 9 weeks into classic at this point. Note that Faceless was killing roughly 40 - 50% of dragons/gods and had been farming sky for a while.

We're two weeks in and have almost twice the dps with a similar sized raid force.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Nagafen sock on Ragefire. Shit man it's already begun. I hope this isn't Lockjaw in one week. Our closest competitors are busy wiping on Spiroc Lord.

33k4rrs.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Holly hint something about imminent raid changes being announced soonT?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nagafen sock on Ragefire. Shit man it's already begun. I hope this isn't Lockjaw in one week. Our closest competitors are busy wiping on Spiroc Lord.
Hasn't there been no indication of them wanting to get involved with shitbird stuff like that?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hasn't there been no indication of them wanting to get involved with shitbird stuff like that?
They've been pretty clear about their willingness to sock in the future (if necessary). They attempted to sock CT. The problem is right now they're probably not 100% sure they can even kill the mobs, much less out dps a larger raid force. Another problem is that we're pretty agreeable and don't give them much reason to sock unless they suddenly decide they want to be the "top guild".

In reality our relations with them are about as good as possible in early EQ. I like their leadership although I think they are a tad naive.

Eonan

Doer of Things
They've been pretty clear about their willingness to sock in the future (if necessary). They attempted to sock CT. The problem is right now they're probably not 100% sure they can even kill the mobs, much less out dps a larger raid force. Another problem is that we're pretty agreeable and don't give them much reason to sock unless they suddenly decide they want to be the "top guild".

In reality our relations with them are about as good as possible in early EQ. I like their leadership although I think they are a tad naive.
What should be a 5 minute conversation with their guild leader takes almost an hour >.<;

lost

<Bronze Donator>

33k4rrs.jpg
What? You enjoy having no competition? That was sock #2. We sat in fear first.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Today we're supposed to get word, no one has any clue what it is though.

The Kunark vote for it to come out early could be their solution?
Terrible solution (don't get me wrong, I want Kunark, it'd reinvigorate my desire to play, and I'm not even max level), but it won't solve any problems. It'll just exacerbate them by giving some players hope and then having that hope quashed even further when they realize that it's just as easy for big guilds to sock not only every single raid mob in Kunark, but Classic ones as well, hell, I would. I lost interest not because I couldn't do raidnig content, I could have level'd to 50 in the first week and been in all of the Faceless raids, but because it just feels a lot less meaningful and a chance of loot is so much smaller with the huge number of players in raids. Which is why we need instances/expeditions, so guilds can set up different teams and prepare to eventually work all together starting in Luclin/PoP and GoD (Velious is going to be just as easy as Classic is now and just as easy as Kunark will be... mark my words. Mobs may not have a 32k hp max, but with the many changes in the game since original Velious, the content is still going to be smashed hard and fast.

Anyways, imagine having 3 groups of 18 per guild killing raid targets until Luclin, and then those 54 players finally coming together to do the harder/big raids, particularly into PoP. It's a great solution and works really well. The only ones opposed are RMT people. And if someone is not a RMTer and they are opposed to instances, it is my opinion that they don't truly care about their guildies as individuals. Because if they did, they'd want everyone having an equal chance (or better chance) at encounters and loot. What DBG doesn't seem to realize, is that the increase in Krono sales they are enjoying right now because of bottlenecked content, will pale in comparison to the massive loss of subscriptions. RMTers and anti instance people threaten to quit if instances are added, but they won't, whereas the same can't be said for those of us that want instances, and aren't getting them.

Even those of us that have a pretty strong love for original non instanced Classic eq and us traditionalists have come to the point where we want instances/expeditions. Things just aren't what they used to be. I'd be playing every day and be loving it and fully into it if I felt like I had a group of 18 or so within a guild, taking out raid targets, for the common goal of eventually all of the guild being geared for Luclin/PoP and beyond. But the idea of poopsocking with 50+ others on a small handful of spawns just doesn't appeal to me very much. PoP is my favorite expansion by far, and if I knew it was going to be instanced, my interest would skyrocket. PoP progression is the best thing in EQ and incredibly rewarding on an intrinsic level.