New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mage Pets are OP. Death Touch is (was) OP. Don't bother logging in on Day One, it'll be too packed and you won't get any mobs. Otherwise I enjoyed it for the short time I played. I gather the 3 month lockout on the current progression server is a huge pain in the ass.
Never was a pain when I was on Vulak, through about Luclin or so. I don't think I ever made it to PoP. Farming Ssra for key pieces was balla. Forced grouping was back. Now, just like on live, many people box extra characters or what not, but that's cool. The 3 months was about perfect. Enough time for even not super hardcore to get their loot, and then you were anxious for the next release. This of course is from the perspective of the top guild, with little to zero competition for raid mobs other than at the midnight releases of the next expansion.

Monk fists were OP as well, because their damage/delay was boss. Would gimp yourself if you used a weapon. The raiding didn't get interesting IMO until maybe Luclin, because before that it was Mage chaining earth elementals on raid mobs. After that, in Kunark, it was SKs just death touching 32k hitpoint dragons. Harm touch at level 60 would do like 4-5k damage? So get a few of those, and every raid mob would instantly die. Can't remember other broken, but it wasn't much I don't think.

axeman_sl

shitlord
More class by class details!

Also, are those horrible mercenaries there on progression servers? I straight up won't play if they are.

Crone

More class by class details!

Also, are those horrible mercenaries there on progression servers? I straight up won't play if they are.
No, they are not. Not until SoD expansion I believe is when they came out with them. But Guise mask from Lguk was in!
wink.png

Don't remember anymore class details. Enchanters, and shamans were both useful and fine. I boxed both because I didn't want to go without Puma buff, or mana crack. SKs were over shadowed by their stupid OP harm touch, but I think ended up being ok tanks, along with Paladins. Never raid tanks though which was of course saved for Warriors. Necros were boss DPS, and is the class I mained. A lot of fights in classic are tank and spank so it was fun for me to manage my DoTs, and pump out the badass DPS. Rogues were fine. Did good damage. Rangers were fine, did ok damage I think?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Last time, it was 3 months minimum I believe. Wasn't it?

Vulak represent! Some of my best EQ times happened there! EoE 4 lyfe.
Lol what? EoE was full of fucking scum and im ashamed of myself for partaking in that debauchery.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wasnt the exp hotzones in as well from the live servers? Also if im not mistaken there was some zonewide drop, like a weapon or some shit that you had a chance to get.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No there was no hotzone exp. The zonewide drop was during the legacy event and was a box of abu-kar, I believe.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Axeman, broken things included the following (Some of which have already been noted
smile.png

Monk Fists use current dmg/delay for live servers
All pets are OP, Mage pets especially so. (You could three box chain pet every classic raid mob pre Sky)
Paladin/Ranger have Plane of Hate armor which is equivalent to Plane of Growth drops, this exists so Tunare worshiping characters can get that gear w/o losing faction with their deity. Was not taken out last time.
Research was broken for the first 60 days or so, this lead to a ton of spells being unavailable. When they fixed it they forgot to remove some spells, so Shamans got Infusion which was OP.
No EXP Penalties
No Corpseruns
Some crafting recipes were not taken out, so we had these diety specific idols for ranged slot min maxing
We also had a nice infinite pp alchemy exploit that tanked the economy early on.
Some non classic mobs were present, which could often be used in unintended ways (You could Charm Irak Altil in Fear and use him to solo/duo Cazic Thule at level 50.)
Raid Spawn timers are roughly 1/2 that of P99 and have 12 hour windows for the most part.
Innoruuk starts with like the worst possible loot table. You basically kill him just for Yellow Text.
Dark Elves spawn in Kith and drop their normal loot including a few Kunark items (RBG, those two knight swords, Phinny Robe etc)
SK Harm Touch did like 3k at 60, and added a dot.
There was some sort of exploit with Nagafen and Vox that allowed Mage pets for level 60 Mages to kill them.
Exp was made "slower" by artificially capping exp per kill. So the slowest levels were 1-10 when everyone sucked and it took 50 snakes to ding. 40-50 took like 3 hours.

Crone

From a customer service standpoint I feel they learned a lot from Fippy and Vulak. How to handle disputes, etc. These things are bound to happen again on any new server, and so I hope that they've documented how everything was handled so they can be consistent this time around.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
not sure on the specifics but im 99% sure they adjusted all spells at some point in the early 2000s to basically make everything stronger, heals healed more and nukes nuked harder, less fizzles, harder to get interupted. may have been a change to AC also. In other words classic through velious will never be a challenge on live servers

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
not sure on the specifics but im 99% sure they adjusted all spells at some point in the early 2000s to basically make everything stronger, heals healed more and nukes nuked harder, less fizzles, harder to get interupted. may have been a change to AC also. In other words classic through velious will never be a challenge on live servers
I guess that fits today's standards but that's sad. Still can't wait... just stay away from Freeport and Commonlands.... it will take your nostalgic soul and smash it into pieces.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully with the new acquisition by CN they'll be smart enough to put the time into creating a authentic Velious capped server. If Jagex could do it with runescape and with the money backed behind Daybreak games now I don't see why they wouldn't do it.