New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do we play? I've played emulators so long that I havn't had a real Sony or whatever it is now account in forever. Do we need to sub or what? Station thingy?
SOE is no longer SOE now, sold to a new owner - right now you'd have to subscribe to access the servers - but with the game itself being F2P as a whole, it's not impossible the new owners might do any number of options with it.

Vaclav

Hi Vaclav long time are you getting your fish ready in qeynos to level?
Never did the Koalindl nonsense, ever - it's worthless - and I made sure to get my exploit from the old days fixed. (it was bat wings and snake scales to the arena in SQey - could buy from vendors for 1gp total in infinite quantities reward was 1gp1sp minimum up to around 6gp as well as a decent hunk of XP up to 20 or so - but informed them of the "loop" to it and he patched the XP down to almost nothing and it's got a low chance of generating a profit now - it wasn't well known - but it was rather nice generating 2-3k pp while getting L20 without any competition, downside shitty weapon skills but that can be mitigated as a caster - only defense was really an issue, and a well played caster doesn't get hit anyhow)

It never worked for SKs though which I've done for anything since I left Vazaelle (at least I think that was the server I last did one as a primary, been so long...), but yea - did it back in my cleric primary days much further back.

[Although that said, I might still likely be in Qeynos a bunch - but there's a couple nice spawns to kill inside town that I use these days - they're relatively known though, so likely would do something more normal because of competition - but they're a nice grind for the range to generate some consistent cash - that is assuming I opt to play at all, if it goes PVP I know me and my friends won't even bother - poopsocking we might consider, PVP we'd just not bother, instanced (or an equivalent we'd be in for a long haul though]

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We'll play if Zaide plays - EoE

I'm just fucking with you man, and honestly I voiced not to engage on whatever VP drag that was, truly felt like a piece of shit for that one. New Prog would be fun, but I think there's no way in hell I could or would want to play the same way as before. I know almost everyone uses MQ, but I think from the merges of guilds people understood my distaste for it and after being accused of it saw I don't use. To me that's my one pet peeve, but unfortunately I don't know if Daybreak will care much like SOE didn't. Please if there is a vote bring back corpse runs as well, it's nice to not have it when being a lazy fuck, but it kind of keeps some of the asshats in check.

The other thing I wish they would do it bring back the old school drops that people play the classic eras in remembrance of. I hope they give rez sticks, whatever the monk weapon was, manastones, ruby gear again, red and white dragon teeth, and I'm sure there's a fuck ton more shit as well.

Sup Crone, don't remember if that's Decay or Correlon, long time.

Vic
Im surprised Damdor just didnt warp around and pull a train on them, he had no problem doing it to them multiple times during Vox/Nagafen.

Progression servers are worse than p99 imo, simply because you can abuse the fuck out of mq2 and the GMs do absolutely nothing.

Vaclav

MQ2 got toned down alot in the past couple years for how much it can do I thought? I never used anything of the sort (outside of ShowEQ exclusively for checking PoEarth rings for the couple weeks we needed them on some server or another - but that's literally the only time I saw any need for/condoned it personally).

Thraka_sl

shitlord
MQ2 got toned down alot in the past couple years for how much it can do I thought? I never used anything of the sort (outside of ShowEQ exclusively for checking PoEarth rings for the couple weeks we needed them on some server or another - but that's literally the only time I saw any need for/condoned it personally).
The only thing people don't do anymore is warp/zone/gate. Ghostkilling/delay hacks don't work anymore and haven't for awhile (At least that I'm aware of). People still abuse the tracking, zone alerts and automation. A few box armies are fully automated to the point that they're set up afk exping over night.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_90940.jpg

I find this picture relevant to the next prog server. Quality is a little off, but you get the idea.

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
You know it Decay, LGuk and SolA man, the good life. Doing Paw of Opalla quest and being yelled at by Deodan (and locked out of UGuk for a day) for camping the mutant too long (fucking fungus never drops).

Never know Zaide, I kind of hope the next round is more chilled out, like maybe rotations for shit S-Th and then people who want to sit around Friday and Saturday night can fight over shit. I know that I for one won't be attending a single poopsock event, that was the gayest shit I think I've ever experienced. I felt we actually had a pretty good mutual agreement on Trak, and I still don't know what the fuck happened there.

Vaclav

The only thing people don't do anymore is warp/zone/gate. Ghostkilling/delay hacks don't work anymore and haven't for awhile (At least that I'm aware of). People still abuse the tracking, zone alerts and automation. A few box armies are fully automated to the point that they're set up afk exping over night.
Automated XP doesn't bother me since unless they do it in some strange corner someone is going to take offense and do something that causes them to kill themselves. And tracking is... well... I hate it but PoE rings proved to me that it's almost a requirement sometimes unfortunately. (And of course zone alerts are basically just tracking - just more efficient than word of mouth once it's seen or a chance of the watcher being AFK)

It's good to hear the truly gamebreaking things from MQ2 are things of the past. [And yes, I do realize automated healing does impact raids slightly - but honestly these days I can't imagine they're useful in raiding past a given tier, and the other tiers are laughably easy with human error already]

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
These servers are destroyed by MQ and boxing immediately every time fyi

I loved the automated 30 Shadow knight Harmtouch raid mob KS script the last go around

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lots of familiar faces eh?

Don't play a wizard until Kunark, the only thing you're good for is taking death touches until 60. Velious was a ton of fun on the wizard and almost made up for 6 months of shit to turn around and do 3x the damage of anyone on AoW.

Warriors don't have incite combat line. Huge huge problem early on. Luclin newbie quests are available for some races / classes, but not all of them. Lots of us farmed that shit up because it was better gear at lvl 10 than you could get from Fear / Hate at 50. OOT is the revamped version and you will live there until Velious opens. (Money / gems / Jboots )

If this happened again I wouldn't do the wizard / bard bot thing. No clue what I would roll next, but I'm doing a zerk on Trakanon progression atm.

Vaclav

These servers are destroyed by MQ and boxing immediately every time fyi

I loved the automated 30 Shadow knight Harmtouch raid mob KS script the last go around
Would be useless with instancing - you'd get your own trash to clear and almost every raid mob would charge and rape the HTers beforehand if you tried. More weight to why things should be instanced.

Crone

Mq2 didn't get toned down but Sony started detecting and banning some of its most blatant features. Namely warping. So fartaunt, widely used way to pull mobs without risk, was gone. As said of course, ghostkilling is long gone.

Vaclav

Mq2 didn't get toned down but Sony started detecting and banning some of its most blatant features. Namely warping. So fartaunt, widely used way to pull mobs without risk, was gone. As said of course, ghostkilling is long gone.
Same net result. The duration where such wasn't bothered with was really shitty. Good to see that is a thing of the past.