New Progression Server confirmed

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think PvP is probably the only realistic solution to the raid issues they saw before. However I also suspect a pvp progression server would be a major failure.

Sterling

El Presidente
not sure on the specifics but im 99% sure they adjusted all spells at some point in the early 2000s to basically make everything stronger, heals healed more and nukes nuked harder, less fizzles, harder to get interupted. may have been a change to AC also. In other words classic through velious will never be a challenge on live servers
They also increased skillcaps on melee skills. Which all made for significantly more powerful characters all around.

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
We'll play if Zaide plays - EoE

I'm just fucking with you man, and honestly I voiced not to engage on whatever VP drag that was, truly felt like a piece of shit for that one. New Prog would be fun, but I think there's no way in hell I could or would want to play the same way as before. I know almost everyone uses MQ, but I think from the merges of guilds people understood my distaste for it and after being accused of it saw I don't use. To me that's my one pet peeve, but unfortunately I don't know if Daybreak will care much like SOE didn't. Please if there is a vote bring back corpse runs as well, it's nice to not have it when being a lazy fuck, but it kind of keeps some of the asshats in check.

The other thing I wish they would do it bring back the old school drops that people play the classic eras in remembrance of. I hope they give rez sticks, whatever the monk weapon was, manastones, ruby gear again, red and white dragon teeth, and I'm sure there's a fuck ton more shit as well.

Sup Crone, don't remember if that's Decay or Correlon, long time.

Vic

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think PvP is probably the only realistic solution to the raid issues they saw before. However I also suspect a pvp progression server would be a major failure.
There certainly is other options like adding a spawning/instancing mechanism - but it's certainly a large departure from Classic to many people.

I think with all the ugliness that happened on Fippy/Vulak though it's probably a sacrifice to authenticity that's best done. Especially with zero real GM presence anymore.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will probably screw around on this but the only way I would really stick with it is if they locked it in PoP like EQMac. I was playing on that when they shut it down, unfortunately work required a lot of travel at the time so I did not get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Work doesn't require as much anymore so I could really enjoy it.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was going to start up again on p99 but now I think I'll hold out for those. I think a velious capped PvP server would do very well, but is not likely. PvP is the only real engaging thing once everyone has fully geared up.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
The progression server should contain the following:

- PVP - Will reduce/remove any kind of significant duration poop socks.
- Time lockout (2 months) - Voting should not be permitted
- Removal of RAF Exp - I have a RAF account, it is a significant unfair advantage.
- Slowed EXP, including AAs
- All loot should be droppable - Think of all the retards buying raid loot with kronos every two months.

Regardless of how it turns out, the original TL crew along with a lot of the EoE people will be playing on the new server together. However it will be under a different guild name.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm 100% ready to stare at a wall for 6 hours waiting for Starshine to appear for my ToV. Make this happen.
I read this as simultaneously and serendipitously an ad for Birdman is going on to the right of the post in which a muted Michael Keaton seems to be screaming "Yes!. Yes!" and fist-pumping. Seems like the Internet AI approved of your post.

In other news, I'll pass on this Progression server unless a majority of the originally removed items are in (Manastone, BFG, Rubicite).

Vaclav

The progression server should contain the following:

- PVP - Will reduce/remove any kind of significant duration poop socks.
- Time lockout (2 months) - Voting should not be permitted
- Removal of RAF Exp - I have a RAF account, it is a significant unfair advantage.
- Slowed EXP, including AAs
- All loot should be droppable - Think of all the retards buying raid loot with kronos every two months.

Regardless of how it turns out, the original TL crew along with a lot of the EoE people will be playing on the new server together. However it will be under a different guild name.
If you honestly think PVP would make it have more longevity... you're deluded... (Not to mention some poopsocks for epics are in towns - PVP in town sounds like an awesome idea...)

It would increase exclusivity and drama astronomically - until everyone just quit besides the top end. (i.e. basically just racing to post Omens of War population ASAP)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We'll play if Zaide plays - EoE

I'm just fucking with you man, and honestly I voiced not to engage on whatever VP drag that was, truly felt like a piece of shit for that one. New Prog would be fun, but I think there's no way in hell I could or would want to play the same way as before. I know almost everyone uses MQ, but I think from the merges of guilds people understood my distaste for it and after being accused of it saw I don't use. To me that's my one pet peeve, but unfortunately I don't know if Daybreak will care much like SOE didn't. Please if there is a vote bring back corpse runs as well, it's nice to not have it when being a lazy fuck, but it kind of keeps some of the asshats in check.

The other thing I wish they would do it bring back the old school drops that people play the classic eras in remembrance of. I hope they give rez sticks, whatever the monk weapon was, manastones, ruby gear again, red and white dragon teeth, and I'm sure there's a fuck ton more shit as well.

Sup Crone, don't remember if that's Decay or Correlon, long time.

Vic
It's so long ago man, I was a teenager when we started on Vulak. Maybe we'll be on the same side this time if we both play?

Crone is Decayed.

Also I'm sad to hear TL is doing it with EoE. Where's the competition going to come from?

Crone

Ya, I'm Decay! A1pha that posted earlier is Corellon but he doesn't stalk these forums like I do. Lol

TL was the top guild from Fippy wasn't it? Been too long to remember.
frown.png

Thraka, who were you?

Vicart, remember those early days grinding in Lguk? So awesome!

Edit: and what's the appeal of a server locked only up to a certain expansion. Velious or pop, would get hella boring after a while. So I don't understand why people would want this.

Vaclav

Crone: I agree - maybe a long lock for early stuff, but it should leave them behind EVENTUALLY

Thraka_sl

shitlord
If you honestly think PVP would make it have more longevity... you're deluded... (Not to mention some poopsocks for epics are in towns - PVP in town sounds like an awesome idea...)

It would increase exclusivity and drama astronomically - until everyone just quit besides the top end. (i.e. basically just racing to post Omens of War population ASAP)
Yea you're right man, we should revert back to the macroquested harm touch armies that occurred directly in front of GMs. Or the 36 hour poop socks that occurred for Emperor Ssra. Or how about the 4 day poop sock that occurred in SolB for Naggy when a bright GM declared first in force. Or wait, how about the time we had a lord of the rings trivia question to determine who got Avatar of War (The loser ironically got the rest of ToV instead). Or the random depopping of raid mobs (Yelinak for example) while two guilds waited 6-8 hours for it to spawn.

My favourite was the GM enforced rotation that was set up on the EQ forums that no GM wanted to follow or enforce. We even had GMs threatening to suspend the entire guild because they lost track of who got what and couldn't keep track of server up spawns. Lost a roll on a raid mob? Everyone has to leave their zone they're bound in for the next 24 hours no matter what.

On the other hand, this time around its going to be completely different!

As an aside, PVP in town does sound awesome. - No sarcasim intended, only problem would be the enforcers that run around ae rampaging for 32k

Vaclav

When there's more sensible options available like dedicating some of the "fixing broken stuff" effort like instancing that removes any of those problems as well without just creating MORE drama... yea... lets go the stupidest fucking way. You're a brain surgeon.

There's a reason the TZ/VZ forums were a cesspool of drama - and that was with tons more content than Classic would have in the hypothetical you're proposing.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Fixing broken stuff? You think the broken monk fists had any impact on raid content pre velious you're crazy, when velious came around fists were no longer BiS for monks; not to mention nothing notable was up for longer then 2 seconds due to harm touch. Yea harm touch was broken, but had it been reverted to doing 1K damage guilds would have just used 32 shadowknights instead of 11.

Lets just pretend that they're willing to dump the resources required to make all raid content instanced (before actual raid content became instanced). PoTime dramatically drained our guild to the point where nobody wanted to log in anymore towards the end because it just wasn't fun anymore. GoD put the nail in the coffin for a lot of people.

We can fast forward to present day Fippy and Vulak, Fippy has two raid guilds left both of which are heavily botted. Vulak has one where one guy bots 20 characters per raid and can't kill current raid content. You can argue the main reason people left was because raid content was awful, but realistically raids became more dynamic with instances. The recruitment pool on Fippy for both guilds consists heavily on returning players that come back for a month and then immediately leave because the game isn't what they remembered.

Vaclav

Yea, "your guild" - nevermind the rest of the server that had already pretty much quit by that point (I pretty much waited until the rest of my guild was gone before I quit personally - and even before PoP the server was down to pretty much two guilds and a handful of solo players - the population drop was ludicrous) because they couldn't access any content, including content from previous expansions that y'all continued to dominate well after it was even sensible for you.

And from what they've stated in the past on instancing it's a very low effort to adjust something from uninstanced to instanced - they've stated the hardest part is setting up the flags for it in fact.

Additionally for EOE a number of people I know from EOE quit come instanced content because the exclusivity no longer existed for the items they were blocking others out of, because they were selling shit for RL cash - if you actually played on the server you should be quite aware of people selling Amulets of Necropotence and other highly limited items that were only of value because of the limitation. (Which of course I will note you want "everything droppable")

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
How do we play? I've played emulators so long that I havn't had a real Sony or whatever it is now account in forever. Do we need to sub or what? Station thingy?