New Progression Server confirmed

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know if any of the higher-end guilds are going to end up transferring servers? Any guesses on what will happen to the rest of the server populations? I'm happily casual but have to admit I'm curious how this little social experiment will pan out.

I'm not sure how much to play now that I know the non-box server is on the way. I've been playing one character (45 pally LFG) and fine with things on Lockjaw. Obviously the box armies and mages are playing a different game from me, but it hasn't ruined my time. On the other hand, if all the other non-boxers disappear from Lockjaw at some point in the winter, my experience in Kunark is probably going to be pretty fucked. But I'm not sure that's how its going to shake out. Thoughts?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Even if the servers go terminal there will be people doing content (Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP at least) for a long time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird man, FFA CT went uncontested even after server xfers.
He did seem to spawn pretty early - I saw him die as I logged in at what I thought was the ETA for server up...

Does seem like we're getting TONS of transfers though, jeez.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well theres no cooldown between server transfers, you can go to other one farm a named and come back. Or you can get a free name change, without a filter. I was able to get a profanity as a name.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the case of a human being playing one Magician and another human being playing one Necromancer the Necromancer is the better class.

But oh man do Mages take the cake when it comes to stacking and for boxing. You get almost all of their vast power for very, very little effort.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So how bad is this going to be if I haven't played EQ in like... 13+ years and have no interest in boxing?
Came back after 13 yrs and hardly remembering much, and played a Mage. Was pretty damn fun. Playing a mage compared to a Warrior (what I played back during live) was about a trillion times more enjoyable.

Account-Account transfers aren't available for the TLP servers are they? Debating on cashing out and waiting for this new "no box" server if they are gonna go through with it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
So how bad is this going to be if I haven't played EQ in like... 13+ years and have no interest in boxing?
Lockjaw has been awesome. I've been able to pretty much always find a group on my shaman. I think rogue's are pretty much the only class having a rough go. If you like tanking or healing, you can pretty much always have a group. Go mage or necro if you'd rather solo.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well thanks to free name changes I accomplished this gem
rrr_img_105212.png

And was promptly suspended 10 minutes later.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Came back after 13 yrs and hardly remembering much, and played a Mage. Was pretty damn fun. Playing a mage compared to a Warrior (what I played back during live) was about a trillion times more enjoyable.

Account-Account transfers aren't available for the TLP servers are they? Debating on cashing out and waiting for this new "no box" server if they are gonna go through with it.
I know you can move from Ragefire to Lockjaw and vice versa.