New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh yes, I remember that! I wanted one of those swords on my alt. Those types of weapons went on for a very long time as well. I remember quite a few out of ToV dropping, that would always rot.
frown.png

I still can't pick a class I would main. From experience I do know it's best to just pick one, and play it will and the rest will work itself out, but have no idea. I'm a sucker for illusions, but as long as I can get a DE Mask again, I don't really care. Was thinking Rogue/Bard for a while because of all the masks.

Hmm...

Vaclav

I was really happy doing SK and Bard with the wife and I - always left spots for healers to join us, and we know of places we can duo comfortably early on when we can't find a healer - and later down the round are a viable duo period. (PoP not tried earlier)

Although I do hope broken options like that don't screw up my plans for what I should focus on getting.

Crone

It always starts with good intentions and I make 1 or maybe 2 guys. Then one night there isn't a healer or dps or something and I get mad so I make that. Or I really want that buff I don't have. Within a few months I'm boxing 6+ because what group doesn't need outside group help?

Crone

I'm leaning towards warrior this time around. Not exactly OP at all, but I want to try the whole tanking thing for classic. Dang I want this server so bad right now. lol

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you honestly think PVP would make it have more longevity... you're deluded... (Not to mention some poopsocks for epics are in towns - PVP in town sounds like an awesome idea...)

It would increase exclusivity and drama astronomically - until everyone just quit besides the top end. (i.e. basically just racing to post Omens of War population ASAP)
PvP in towns actually was awesome. Keep in mind some of us played EQ PvP servers in Vanilla, and had a blast doing it.

Vaclav

PvP in towns actually was awesome. Keep in mind some of us played EQ PvP servers in Vanilla, and had a blast doing it.
To repeat my analogy from the Official Boards: Sure you guys did. Some people love 50 Shades of Grey and think it's an interesting and exciting thing to act based upon, other people find it offensive and deplorable. Just because you like it doesn't mean it makes sense for the majority of people.

Vitality

HUSTLE
To repeat my analogy from the Official Boards: Sure you guys did. Some people love 50 Shades of Grey and think it's an interesting and exciting thing to act based upon, other people find it offensive and deplorable. Just because you like it doesn't mean it makes sense for the majority of people.
Just because they find it offensive and deplorable doesn't mean they can make me think it doesn't make sense for the majority of people.

This isn't a Christian anti-gay bakery.

Vaclav

Just because they find it offensive and deplorable doesn't mean they can make me think it doesn't make sense for the majority of people.

This isn't a Christian anti-gay bakery.
Sure, Daybreak could make it - but with one appealing to more people, appealing to the largest playerbase with the highest retention is their goal in creating a new server - going for something that inherently appeals to less people initially (like it or not, some people are blue players at heart - maybe it's only 25% of people that won't touch a red server - but that's still 25% less starting population) is a bad thing. (Not to mention my impression the VZ/TZ had terrible drama from their forums)

Crone

Making Warrior with Enchanter, buddy making Cleric / Wizard. Locked and loaded bros! Let's do this!!

Vaclav

I can't imagine this will be out even remotely soon will it?
They didn't make any mention of timeframe - I'm hoping whatever timeframe they're thinking there's a beta for people to find and report "bad stuff" that shouldn't be in. (like the Hate 2.0 stuff as one example)

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
All pets are OP, Mage pets especially so. (You could three box chain pet every classic raid mob pre Sky)
Incidentally I'm doing extensive pet parsing on Live currently. It's important for me to know how pets have changed over the years to make the best use of the data.

How exactly are Live pets different from classic?

Comparing the pet HP data in this thread:EQClassic.org View topic - Pet Information
And the damages on the p99 wiki:Pet Guide - Project 1999 Wiki
With the data I collected on Live this month:EQLive2015 Pet Statistics Lvl1-65 - Google Sheets

The HP and max hit data is remarkably similar. The most notable difference (aside from many spells being obtainable earlier) I can see is that pets dual wield earlier.