New Progression Server confirmed

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This queue doesn't work for shit. Why the fuck do we not have another server? This is getting to the point of 'not fun' anymore.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been in the queue for about 2 hours so far today. I just got in as I'm typing this message and its almost time to get ready to leave.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been disconnected due to inactivity while waiting in the "queue" a couple times now between my four accounts.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am willing to bet many people will (already have) quit over this shitty release clusterfuck and overpopulation / login issues.

DBG just doesn't get it. They are pissing away free money.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got disconnected while zoning. Been sitting in the queue for what seems like forever now trying to get back online. Was in a solid group too.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so far the queue is taking way longer than it has the last couple days just clicking....such progress

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
This thread has given me more time laughing at your drama, than the new server has given you guys time in game.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
It's a valid arument though. The raid mobs are being taken down by mostly mage teams (see my SS above). I agree raids are not difficult, but they are pretty damn EZ mode with the current live pet code. That is nothing at all like classic.
I just happen to have a Jan 2000 log of a mage pet.

That's in-line withPet Guide - Project 1999 Wiki. The major difference I can see on Live is that all pets summon at the max level. A 49 mage summon pet max hits for 56 today. (EQLive2015 Pet Statistics Lvl1-65 - Google Sheets) Also, as far as I can tell, Nag and Vox have not changed in the last 16 years; their max hits are identical. (although the resist algorithms have; spells land on everything easier now) It's possible current pets double/dual more often-- I don't have good enough classic era logs to prove this. They can dual wield at lower levels now when given weapons. (except beastlord pets for whatever reason) Atk/AC could also have been changed in some way. But pet dmg and hitpoints seems to be the same as it was or very near it at least.

They did remove melee push code server-side though. (boooo)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I just happen to have a Jan 2000 log of a mage pet.

That's in-line withPet Guide - Project 1999 Wiki. The major difference I can see on Live is that all pets summon at the max level. A 49 mage summon pet max hits for 56 today. (EQLive2015 Pet Statistics Lvl1-65 - Google Sheets) Also, as far as I can tell, Nag and Vox have not changed in the last 16 years; their max hits are identical. (although the resist algorithms have; spells land on everything easier now) It's possible current pets double/dual more often-- I don't have good enough classic era logs to prove this. They can dual wield at lower levels now when given weapons. (except beastlord pets for whatever reason) Atk/AC could also have been changed in some way. But pet dmg and hitpoints seems to be the same as it was or very near it at least.

They did remove melee push code server-side though. (boooo)
Torrid I know like 2 years ago they def nerfed mage pets to have lower hp. I remember all my guild members raging about it. I also know that on the previous TLP's (pre mage pet nerf) you could do Phinny with two mages, Nagafen with three mages, and CT with 3-5 mages. Keep in mind we weren't even using max level mage pets because research was broken at the time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I guess I just don't understand how their guys don't understand how to engineer their own game. This game has been around forever and I beginning to feel the simply have a staff that can maintain and maybe there's a guy or two floating around to get the server/network stuff up and running.

TL doesn't really impact me. They're doing something that anyone can do if you have the time and the willingness to play a bunch of mages but I can keep my head down and have a good time with friends. I applaud their efforts if this is their goal but the community needs to chill out. It's DB's fault for not being able to address these issues (if you want to call them that) and so what can you do? You either can enjoy what's in front of you, play P99, or find something else to do. It's ignorant. Their queues and such are ignorant but it's what we have and I'm simply embarrassed for DB but it appears Ragefire is what we get.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this queue thing is dumb. spam clicking the PLAY EVERQUEST! button to log on was keeping me way more immersed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I just got in after over an hour. Then my game goes into "not responding" after trying to log in, which also seems to happen about 90% of the time I zone. I have no idea why it's happening, but it's extremely frustrating.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The not responding thing is not a big deal, just means all the loading is going on in the main thread, so the game window isn't responding to windows messages.

p0rkbelly_sl

shitlord
I am so clueless about progerssion servers I guess. I thought saying "Vox and Naggy dead by tomorrow" was a joke at the frustration not being able to log in. Not serious.

Suddenly, I don't have much of a desire to play...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Because 90% of the people playing right now will have quit within a month.

Just like the older progression servers.
That's why you merge them in a few months. Its not that fucking hard to understand. Even a spineless blue hair like you can figure it out.