New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm all over this. Some of the best times playing this game happened on the Combine/sleeper and Vulak/Fippy. I'm going to give them as much feedback as I can and hope they get it right.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How do these servers work as far as the ui etc?

God let it be PvP

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Modern UI, modern zones, expansions opened up when enough time passes and progression happens.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm all over this. Some of the best times playing this game happened on the Combine/sleeper and Vulak/Fippy. I'm going to give them as much feedback as I can and hope they get it right.
I played with Insidious Vision and Twisted Legion (from launch), some of my all time favorite EQ memories

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played with Insidious Vision and Twisted Legion (from launch), some of my all time favorite EQ memories
Insidious Vision and Citizen here
smile.png

Good times were had!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually like the Kunark era the best. Classic by itself was to confining, especially when all those people were there. We even had the extra zones that were aded later, like the ones connecting to the Ranger and Druid Glade in the Queynos area.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Are they going to revert the pet code? Because honestly, when I played on Fippy best dps? Fire pet. Best Tank? Fuck it, fire pet. Best aggro? fuck it, fire pet.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably on this too... Hope I don't have to even visit Freeport as it will just depress me. How long does an expansion usually last? Will classic end in less than a month? I wish it would at least stay in one state for a certain amount of time and if everything has been completed then open up.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm probably on this too... Hope I don't have to even visit Freeport as it will just depress me. How long does an expansion usually last? Will classic end in less than a month? I wish it would at least stay in one state for a certain amount of time and if everything has been completed then open up.
They are taking ideas at this point. We don't know how long each expansion will be out or what features will be in. If you feel strongly about something, post it on their forums so they know.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last time, it was 3 months minimum I believe. Wasn't it?

Vulak represent! Some of my best EQ times happened there! EoE 4 lyfe.

A1pha_sl

shitlord
Yes, last time it was 3 months after the objective "bosses" were killed. So classic actually lasted longer than anything else as level 1 took about 4 hours to get through until they fixed it, but that was after most were level 50.

They gotta fix SKs HarmTouch more than anything else.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
When will it launch? They nerfed the HT eventually on TLP I believe. I assume the nerfed version will be implemented from launch this time.

Expect Monks and Mages to be hella OP. Also Ranger Velious armor in PoH on launch.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I, for one, can't wait to sit my fat ass on trakanon for 24+ hours at a time.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
The only way I'm playing this is if its a P99 capped at Velious or Luclin Server. Cause I know once it gets to Omens or War or GoD I'll be bored.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Having never played on one of the official progression servers, could anyone fill me in on what's different mechanically? I know all the modern zones and shit are in, but how does this affect gameplay in terms of class performance etc.? What's it actually like to play "classic" with modern mechanics?

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having never played on one of the official progression servers, could anyone fill me in on what's different mechanically? I know all the modern zones and shit are in, but how does this affect gameplay in terms of class performance etc.? What's it actually like to play "classic" with modern mechanics?
While the proggy servers were not truly classic in the classic sense, they do allow content that is now abandoned to be replayed in a relevant way. Even with the downsides of the mechanics not being spot on, replaying in the classic zones is awesome and brings back my childhood

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Mage Pets are OP. Death Touch is (was) OP. Don't bother logging in on Day One, it'll be too packed and you won't get any mobs. Otherwise I enjoyed it for the short time I played. I gather the 3 month lockout on the current progression server is a huge pain in the ass.