New Progression Server confirmed

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Definitely considering as well since I never had a chance to play classic EQ outside of P99 after Kunark. What troubles me is the amount of boxing--though I completely understand the desire--and the availability of XP camps.
Each box costs you $15/month, so I think the amount of people boxing will be somewhat limited.

Noahx

N00b
Perhaps I missed where this was posted... When the servers come up, do we access this server through the same beta folder copy or via the live product and see Ragefire as a server option (some people might have this thru Steam)?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Someone hook a brother up on the Beta server. Probably gonna roll on this as a bard.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Dropped my boxing plans to go with just 1. Gonna see how it turns out, andhopefully I can get in groups instead of people just boxing their shit the entire time.The problem is, 1 single group can clear basically all of dead side Lguk, for example, so not sure how it's going to work with camps.
Yeah, this is my fear. I suppose it can't hurt to fire up a sub. Only thing really holding me back is that I just picked up FFXIV, and along with my WoW sub (well, ok, F2P), EQ will make 3 MMOs--a scary proposition and one my significant other may not enjoy. I've always wanted the ground-zero classic feels even though this iteration is most definitely classic-lite.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, this is my fear. I suppose it can't hurt to fire up a sub. Only thing really holding me back is that I just picked up FFXIV, and along with my WoW sub (well, ok, F2P), EQ will make 3 MMOs--a scary proposition and one my significant other may not enjoy. I've always wanted the ground-zero classic feels even though this iteration is most definitely classic-lite.
Last progression server I had 12 subs going myself, and 16 accounts I had access too. With ISBoxer software, I'd sometimes load up all 16. Lol. Fun times! not doing that this time around though.

I can get Kronos for $8 each, so that'll give me access to this and save me $7/month?

In a moment of panic, I'll end up rolling a Gnome mage I'm sure. Damn it!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bard and Necro are the two most versatile classes the game. While Mages are a one trick pony... but that trick is insane DPS and a pet the kicks the shit out of Necro pets. Necro pets are glorified DOT's unless you have slows and a dedicated healer.

Crone

How far off are necro pets compared to mage pets? and the class just in general?
Ya, as said, necro pets can't tank for shit, and the DPS is meh. Consider it just an extra DoT you put on a mob.

The biggest problem with Necros? They can't benefit really from shaman's Puma line, or Enchanters clarity. Good? Some may think so, but they never fit into my box groups back on last progression. Would always go melee group with shaman, or caster group with enchanter, and necro never fit into it.

Judge_sl

shitlord
Looking for a couple group mates for this. Going either ranger / shaman duo or chanter / Mage.

Likely the casters to start since it'll be easier to both start in neriak.

Shoot me a pm if interested. Warlain . Verabell are my typical names on most eq servers I play on.

The ranger shaman is my preferred duo but I can level that combo later. Have both accounts ready to go. Though my ui is having fits with that damn adv loot window and crashing me to default. Going to work on a good ui tonight to import on all characters.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Crone I'd say Paladin. Sk will be a dime a dozen and last time one of the first groups to 50 on Fippy had a Pally MT.

Judge, this is probably the best bet for organizing a group. Sorry I didn't respond to your PM.

Crone

Looking for a couple group mates for this. Going either ranger / shaman duo or chanter / Mage.

Likely the casters to start since it'll be easier to both start in neriak.

Shoot me a pm if interested. Warlain . Verabell are my typical names on most eq servers I play on.

The ranger shaman is my preferred duo but I can level that combo later. Have both accounts ready to go. Though my ui is having fits with that damn adv loot window and crashing me to default. Going to work on a good ui tonight to import on all characters.
Rangers look pimp in Thorn Vine. Green plate = $$$$!

I think a lot of people are coming into this server with more info than the last one. Gonna be a lot of people running casters, to twink melee's. Be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Judge_sl

shitlord
No worries. It's pretty much a racist group deal right off anyway

Did they say which starter zones are instanced? Just commons, g'fay? Or will crushbone, BB, befallen etc be as well, I sure hope so.

Crone

Crone I'd say Paladin. Sk will be a dime a dozen and last time one of the first groups to 50 on Fippy had a Pally MT.
Yaaaaa Paladin! I like Paladins, and with how long we'll be hanging out in Lguk, I'll go all undead rape on some frogs!! woo! Befallen, here I come!