New Progression Server confirmed

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
major speculation: could this spell the end for EverQuest Live? i wonder what the execs at Columbus Nova (Daybreak's parent company) will think of this double snafu.
"You guys fucked up that badly and those retardsstillgave you money? This hen won't stop laying golden eggs no matter how many times you cut her open!"

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
probably because of station cash. i can see that being even more of a headache trying to claim refunds because im sure the code is just as fucked as what is happening right now on the server and they don't have the man power to search on a 1 by 1 claim. that would be my guess.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
major speculation: could this spell the end for EverQuest Live? i wonder what the execs at Columbus Nova (Daybreak's parent company) will think of this double snafu.
Haha. I can't even articulate how I feel about this. This company literally had one major goal over the last few months, to show that they could draw in some money for their employers... If I really wanted to keep my job, I would probably be very thorough on the possibility of anything like this happeningpriorto this being launched.

I remembering thinking people were always harsh on SoE, but I can completely understand the frustration of the last decade now.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Could have turned the server on yesterday with the understanding it was going to be wiped at the end of the day.

Oh shit, look at all those level 50s and that defiant gear. Glad we caught this shit before the deadline.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf was the beta for if this shit is happening? They don't have heroic characters on beta? this is a cluster!

Good news is I'm home from work, and not as far behind as I was gonna be if it had been stable!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It really just depends if there's actual blowback or not. If it gets held up for weeks, people will go to great lengths to demand their subscriptions back, and that would hurt them. If it's working by business tomorrow I doubt they give any fucks.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Wtf was the beta for if this shit is happening? They don't have heroic characters on beta? this is a cluster!

Good news is I'm home from work, and not as far behind as I was gonna be if it had been stable!
Beta environment was seperate from live servers. Live code got rolled into the beta version of the server I'm guessing.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Environments should be separate, code shouldn't be, when that's exactly what you are testing. They should be carbon copies.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't see how they don't wipe now. Even aside from the level 50s, defiant gear is/was dropping, and people were spawning with full suits of it on level 1s.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
New game? More understandable. This shit is 16 years old. They should be really thankful to the predecessors actually built this game. If the MMO genre didn't suck, these guys would not have jobs.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Environments should be separate, code shouldn't be, when that's exactly what you are testing. They should be carbon copies.
They obviously don't keep older versions of live code for redundant backup. Plane of Time unarmed damage and Mage pets are a testament to that fact.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wasn't defiant gear, was heroic gear. and it had a level requirement on it, which means that having it equipped was just for looks -- it didn't actually affect player stats.

the biggest concern here is whether or not anyone used a level 50 to buff/PL lowbies, or to mass kill mobs and have the lowbie loot 'em.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah it was promo boost to max level + heroic gear on their splash page. Lvl 80 spells memmed with 24 slot bags and a few other ammenities.

Some goober forgot to disable that feature obviously.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
all i had to do to get it was create a fresh character. didn't click any heroic character banners or anything.

Vitality

HUSTLE
all i had to do to get it was create a fresh character. didn't click any heroic character banners or anything.
Pretty sure it's an all access auto grant? Or a bug.. but here's the list of features it came with:

15,000 Platinum
Jungle Raptor Mount
Two 24-Slot Bags
Spells
Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA's)
Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
Food, Drink, and Ammo
100 Bayle Marks

penalty_sl

shitlord
Lets be real, no point in wiping yet because there will probably be another major fuckup when it goes live again. We'd be 2 wipes deep right now as is.