New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I still think they need to address the 6 months for classic, cant imagine two servers waiting 6 months..
I don't think you are going to see any change for that, because it was done via vote and not some internal DBG decision.

With both servers having same time line, should make merging easy if ever needed.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Won't have same time line thiugh. That was the issue with Fippy and Vulak. Were weeks different because of how the voting works, hence never a server merge.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
I like the name Ragefire better, but curious how many people will actually switch. I feel like too many will go to Lockjaw in an effort to avoid the crowding of Ragefire, which will in turn make Lockjaw more crowded than Ragefire is.
I don't know. The people who played all weekend and are only 15-20 won't transfer. Those are the casual people who play 'hardcore'. I think the transfers will be the 1-10 crowd and they won't stick around long anyways. I don't think a ton of boxers will go, as they probably blew a ton on potions leveling already and want to stay.

I could see half of TL leaving though and trying it again on the new server.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I resemble that remark.

APffAz6.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would have considered staying until tonight. Between being spammed by Twisted Legacy's raid kills and getting sandwiched between two teams of Mage bots mowing down Najena I'm willing to set aside the time I've put into Ragefire and switch servers. I'm hoping most of that stays on Ragefire but I have a suspicion that Lockjaw will have an even worse botter epidemic after everyone saw how effective it was.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We've got about 13 people for our static groups so far. With boxing etc I expect to have three groups of people.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I recommend not reading any threads about Ragefire on the official boards. I think I have eye and brain cancer now, holy shit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
on RF or lj?
He's talking about for rerolling this weekend on Lockjaw.

I need more infos and gossip and experiences, even if it seems insignificant. Cmon brahs! If I don't get enough of it I'll end up playing Lockjaw and then FML. Gonna be interesting to see how they decide to do the higher level instancing. I don't actually think it'd be that bad to have a couple of zones with higher level loot, with how many players are out there. But 2 servers + higher level instancing could be too much. People don't realize that classic EQ was never THIS bad (as far as what I'm reading), so it's not actually maximum nostalgia at all. Population slowly increased over the first few months of the game and then continued onward, it was never 4-5k people on each server from the jump. And the game was much much harder so people were more spread out. The only problem I see with the higher instancing is if it is so easily on demand, that it'll just mean 3-6 Mage boxers bouncing back and forth to camp 2 named spawns instead of just 1. They could even pop up and KS. WoW style phasing would be pretty good right now. People could have the same respawn timer on every mob, you kill frenzied ghouls in 1 instance and jump to another? That'll be another 22 minutes.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I would have considered staying until tonight. Between being spammed by Twisted Legacy's raid kills and getting sandwiched between two teams of Mage bots mowing down Najena I'm willing to set aside the time I've put into Ragefire and switch servers. I'm hoping most of that stays on Ragefire but I have a suspicion that Lockjaw will have an even worse botter epidemic after everyone saw how effective it was.
Ya I dont think lockjaw will alieve you on mage bots, they're too ridiculous. I ran 2 mage boxes, nec, ench, shm tonight in uguk and I rarely had to heal the pets.. like shaman was always FM, it was absurdly..awesome. It is a buzz kill though, I have one slot in my group and it can't be a melee cause they tank. I dont really need a cleric anymore. My own issue is finding the next research spell for water pet rofl. I mean what can you do? The zones are overcrowded, finding a group sounds like hit or miss, so you make your own box group to "carve" your own spot because THEIR rules say there are NO camps and KSing is ok. I've yet to find a group that outdamages me, if you pull through me it's mine.

I started with nec/shm to duo but thats not going to happen with all the effing people, uguk rarely has any frog up more than 1-2 min during primetime. I've even had enchanters charm stealing pull, its vicious.

It's also entertaining to see ppl cry about raid target being killed, this happened on the last progression servers, and even the first. ISBOXER wasn't as prevalent on those first set of progression but people still rushed and killed the boss within a week I believe. It's not classic, the xp is still fast etc etc so raid kills wont change but ya the mages are ridiculous, the no corpse runs meh, no legacy items meh.

And ya TL raid kills, so what? If youre in the guild and look at the roster there are a lot of people over 40, and we just recruited some non TL yesterday that were over 40. It's beginning to seem like there are just some that are playing a LOT then there are the first few that had all mages.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The first round of progression servers I rolled an Enchanter and never regretted it. Clarity was also way more valuable back then, even with increased regen. It was fucking awesome, particularly because the friend I was playing with was a Druid, and when he wasn't on I would just box him. I didn't need a ton of my own boxes, because Charm is so godly and I knew spots that nobody else knew about. When Kunark came out I had the single best leveling spot in the game, I don't care what anyone says, it was the best. And not a soul seemed to know about it, at least for a while. It was an island in Kunark with pirates that hit for a truck and backstabbed for 350 and they dropped incredible loot. Duoing that as Enc/Dru was just godly, it was so fun and I had it all to myself for a good 12 levels, like 39-52.

Haha oh god, and now I just remembered there was this trick in Feerrot. There was this chest at the bottom of the river, some new era quest or some shit, and all you had to do was /open it and you'd get a ton of exp. Again I got super lucky and stumbled upon it first, while doing one of my first Steins of Moggok. I camped that shit for days while at work and level'd so fast, before others knew about it and started coming as well. I got to do that for a good 7-10 days before it was figured out and removed, the exp was insane and required no effort. It was some of the best and fastest exp in the game. A good full group in a dungeon would be better, but because I was working so many hours at the time and could do it while running our server at work in the back room, it was amazing for me.

I seem to remember the first Progression server not having Mages be THAT op. It was Monks that really shined with their ridiculous new age fists. I think it was somewhere in between the first and second round of progression servers that Mage pets were buffed. I mean, they'd been buffed at least once since classic, but they got hugely buffed after the first round of progression servers. So second time around I went a Mage, and was pretty damn godly. But I actually got bored and burnt out way faster then I did the first time around. Enchanter is strong, particularly with a Druid, but things were still a challenge back then. Charm didn't always last the max time and you could die if you weren't careful and didn't have Snare or SoW. So I felt like I had to work a lot harder the first time around, and that personally makes me enjoy the rewards of leveling and getting rich much more. While on my Mage I just owned everything and I just got bored.

I sold at least $1,000 worth of platinum the first time around, because I was so rich. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the richest person on the server (Sleeper) at one point, thanks to the Steins of Moggok and being max JC before anyone else. Not only was I the first to start questing Steins of Moggok, but nobody else was doing them because they couldn't figure out how with Alliance being broken, but if you were smart you could camp Minotaurs in Steamfont for 3 hours and then you had enough faction to do it, but without that and without Alliance, no race/deity of Enchanter could do it. So with my Druid friend's ports I could make 350 plat like every 15 minutes. I was giving away Platinum jewelry to friends of friends of friends, just because I had so much. I even grew to love the new Freeport and it's now nostalgic for me, because I did all my JC there. Getting me to love and feel nostalgic about a revamped zone is nothing short of miraculous, considering how deeply I love the originals (still of course prefer the classic Freeport, particularly since on Veeshan we used North Freeport as a trade spot instead of EC, but I enjoyed the new one too. God, does anyone remember people farming Freeport Sewers because there were new age loots there that were really good? That was also pretty crazy and fun, and then Jaggedpine Forest was the same.

So I guess my point is, each round of Progression servers is worse than the last, which is a shame. But the huge population on Ragefire proves just how much people love it. They should work out a system of just continuously releasing Progression servers and merging them (or hell, just deleting them), sort of like a ladder season of Diablo 2, because people love that race and a fresh server more than anything.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
We've got about 13 people for our static groups so far. With boxing etc I expect to have three groups of people.
I'm down for this, but what days are we thinking of starting that grind? I have a half day friday, so I could start then. Thinking I'm going to roll pally/enc this time and play the necro/druid later since they are much better soloers.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So what's the plan? TFO doing LJ then? TL staying put? Be pretty funny if everyone tried to move to LJ and it took a couple of days for everyone make a choice to create a balanced population.