New Progression Server confirmed

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
And a new server maybe?

Holly Longdale ?@TheWindstalker 35m35 minutes ago
Update: Ragefire, hopefully, tomorrow we'll launch instancing of busy non-start zones. Fix for /pick when instances over 9 too.

Jeremy ?@skillotine 26m26 minutes ago
@TheWindstalker so no chance of new server?

Holly Longdale ?@TheWindstalker 21m21 minutes ago
@skillotine We'll be posting something on it shortly. As in, today.

Jeremy ?@skillotine 12m12 minutes ago
@TheWindstalker you are awesome! Thank you! I'm glad it will be today so I can plan accordingly . Assuming it's not instantly full
wink.png

Holly Longdale
?@TheWindstalker
@skillotine Er, I mean, we'll have an update, not a new server. :/ Summary is we are working towards it.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Go reply on twitter!

Holly Longdale ?@TheWindstalker 2m2 minutes ago
We are discussing second server. Question is, would you play there? Feels like Ragefire folks want to stay on Ragefire? Thoughts peeples?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So is MQ2 just a macroing/botting program? For some reason I thought it was a packet sniffer that let you track spawns and whatnot. Wasn't it the program that got people banned from P99 servers?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah MQ2 seems to do all kinds of crazy crap like warp and know exactly what mob is up anywhere in zone etc. That's what I read anyway I have no first hand experience and if you get caught using it you will be banned.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go reply on twitter!

Holly Longdale ?@TheWindstalker 2m2 minutes ago
We are discussing second server. Question is, would you play there?Feels like Ragefire folks want to stay on Ragefire?Thoughts peeples?
How fucking disconnected with their playerbase can they get? JFC.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, we already know they won't merge them, ever, so after year 2 it'll be one normal server and one dead server that you'll have to beg for six months to get moved off of.

I think they fired the guy that knows how merge servers years ago.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, we already know they won't merge them, ever, so after year 2 it'll be one normal server and one dead server that you'll have to beg for six months to get moved off of.

I pretty sure progressing the server past PoP is what kills the population / interest. If they stoppeded at SoV or PoP, I am sure it would be a fairly consistent server for quite the forseeable future. (See P99 Kunark longevity)

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I would switch in an instant if they assured us they would merge the servers at some point or stopped in PoP. I do not want to get stuck on a dead server.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

The did "voluntary merges" on Vulak - 0 cost transfer tokens in marketplace for a while or some such.

korzax_sl

shitlord
"Update: Ragefire, hopefully, tomorrow we'll launch instancing of busy non-start zones. Fix for /pick when instances over 9 too."

Because apparently what they did to instance the starter zones has been forgotten, and they need to rtfm all over again.

I'll be the first to say...LvL 50's with heroic gear will appear tomorrow in the new instances.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it" seems to be their new motto.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I really feel if they were going to launch another server it should have been before the holiday weekend.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the SWTOR expansion release has taught us anything it's that everyone goes home for the holidays and there are zero fucks until after.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If the SWTOR expansion release has taught us anything it's that everyone goes home for the holidays and there are zero fucks until after.
Don't have much sympathy for them its part of the business. That's why you don't do major launches right before a holiday. That's basically what happened though.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I wont be around this weekend so that should be interesting. I'll watch the carnage.