New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ranger would be at the top for pulling in outdoor zones keep in mind as well (while many zones in classic and Kunark are)

And I'd put ranger over paladin for aggro - stuns don't start till 28 and paladin aggro is garbage until then (Flash of Light is good aggro, but useless many zones).

And a real snare can't be undersold. But otherwise I agree with 90% of how you did that list.
Good luck getting pug groups as a Ranger tank. The amount of nonsense I've read in the various class chat channels I've been in the past week rivals the idiocy on the official forums. Rangers are never going to overcome the post Furor instigated, hybrid nerf reputation they gained in Kunark.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good luck getting pug groups as a Ranger tank. The amount of nonsense I've read in the various class chat channels I've been in the past week rivals the idiocy on the official forums. Rangers are never going to overcome the post Furor instigated, hybrid nerf reputation they gained in Kunark.
Good luck on doing what I've been doing all week and never waiting, ok... will do...

Perhaps my reputation carries me a bit extra being that people know me as an awesome SK tank, but regardless...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can rangers legitimately tank group stuff in the current game? Like as an alternative to a Paladin? If so what changed for them?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Rangers can also pull to 5 mages relatively easily and SoW.

Also track will be great for all the instance jumping groups will do.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My friends playing a cleric so I plan to roll a tank eventually so we have a ready made group. That plan has been a pally somewhere down the line but if Rangers are just as good these days that would be an interesting change.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Probably looking at half the dps of mage pet and can't tank for crap.
Unless Shaman pets were buffed, you are talking a like a 10th of the dps of a Mage pet. Shaman pets are almost worthless until Puma came out, god Puma was fun pre nerf.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good luck on doing what I've been doing all week and never waiting, ok... will do...

Perhaps my reputation carries me a bit extra being that people know me as an awesome SK tank, but regardless...
Congrats to you then for striking gold. And if people know you, then it's not really a pick up group, is it. I, on the other hand have not managed to find a single pug that did not contain multiple mouth breathers lacking even the most basic EQ skills.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with my being behind the leveling curve for the first several days.

Neither of which changes the fact I've witnessed multiple "rangers suck" and "don't group with rangers" exchanges on the class chat channels.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Congrats to you then for striking gold. And if people know you, then it's not really a pick up group, is it. I, on the other hand have not managed to find a single pug that did not contain multiple mouth breathers lacking even the most basic EQ skills.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with my being behind the leveling curve for the first several days.

Neither of which changes the fact I've witnessed multiple "rangers suck" and "don't group with rangers" exchanges on the class chat channels.
Speaking of pugs, are you still good to roll with us Fri/Sat/Sun Stosh?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm starting with a Mage and Druid this time. That should make power leveling anything a breeze after things die down.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Unless Shaman pets were buffed, you are talking a like a 10th of the dps of a Mage pet. Shaman pets are almost worthless until Puma came out, god Puma was fun pre nerf.
There was post on EQ forums with parses for pets from ragefire beta. Mage w/ Burnout = 40ish dps, Necro pet w/ necor haste was like 35ish, shm pet with Alacrity was like 25ish. Didn't see numbers for enchanter.

I was shocked, had a pretty good time with pugs myself. Think I had one horrible mage who I think it was his first time playing EQ, and even had a few ranger tanks. When it came time to look for tanks(if we just didn't do all mages, cause there was so many), I just took whatever was available, mostly bards, occasional real tank(pal/sk/war), rangers, even a rogue at one time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Forums went apeshit after Roshen posted that using ISBoxer without automation was perfectly legit. Love it!
Who are all these idiots playing classic EQ that care so much about it? Reading the spam rage/tears is crazy. God I remember when EQWindows first came out and you needed fucking Netscape to download it, but how exciting it was to finally get it working and to be able to power level yourself. I had one of the two Robe of the Springs on Veeshan (right click Skin like Nature, which was a nice heal) and it was godly PL. Good times. I just don't have fun boxing because it requires too much focus. I used to box Ranger/Bard/Necro and it was just insane, particularly doing really high end content like I was, and shit I wasn't supposed to be doing. I never used ISboxer tho, so maybe that woulda helped. So many alt tabs omg.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This thread is making me scratch like a crack head.
I know that feel, bro. I've done nothing but talk shit about EQ for the better part of a decade. The MMO space has been complete shit in recent years, so I figured, "What the hell, it's only 15$", expecting to be completely disappointed after that initial dose of nostalgia.

And here I am, creating a 2nd account tonight...

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to keep leveling my Monk and Shaman on Ragefire in the mean time. There's no reason not to keep playing if you'll be able to transfer shortly.