New Progression Server confirmed

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Started playing a couple days ago. Got my shammy up to level 12 and it's pretty damn fun so far. What is a good magic 1H Blunt to go for so I can hit ghouls and shit? I'm drawing a blank on good newbie weapons...
You can get a Torklar's Battlehammer from Unrest pretty easily at around 18ish, but I know how ironic that is. I can't think of many other very early low Magic 1hbs off the top of my head atm other than Screaming Mace. You won't be doing much melee damage with your Shaman in a couple levels anyways tho, and really you want Piercing, if anything.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
yeah I seem to recall spears all being shit in vanilla, but I did find a spear on ZAM that drops in lavastorm that is magical. Might be worth pursuing

Vitality

HUSTLE
The best one hand blunt for that level is probably Smoldering Brand from the Hole if you can get your hands on it.

The easiest one to get is the Bull Smasher from akanon. Need to have good faction with the warrior guild though.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started playing a couple days ago. Got my shammy up to level 12 and it's pretty damn fun so far. What is a good magic 1H Blunt to go for so I can hit ghouls and shit? I'm drawing a blank on good newbie weapons...
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=104
rrr_img_99998.png

Rahotep used to be super rare, but after Ro revamp he is pretty common spawn.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He part of the crew with Azuth? Already gotten a tell or two on my future main (Aszuth) the couple times I've played him recently about "me" using hacks because of the name confusion. Annoying as shit considering I'm 100% legit and he's doing hacky shit with a name easily confused with mine.
Few in MIM TS noticed that and were feeling bad for you.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Instancing raids could cost them the same. Who played EQ back then to have no competition? This isn't wow. EQ isn't wow, and perhaps thats why this server and the progression before were so popular. Instancing the first few expansions ruins what EQ was. I know once I started doing instanced raids in the later expansions on Fippy things got a bit boring, when we would rush for open raid bosses it got exciting but the scheduled guaranteed raids every x day at x time gets boring, did that in wow and cool cool man yeah i got this badass item, but hey so do you cause you have your own instance. The only fun part about instanced raids were the new ones (in wow for me, but im sure same in eq) where people raced to be the first to complete the boss, before the others.

After everything is trivial, then whats the excitement in farming a trivial boss in your instance where other people can do the same? EQ was about competition and racing, getting those leet items over other people. Everyone having their own instance ruins that.

I know you guys probably sit on lockjaw (zzz) but for those on ragefire, you might notice that lguk is starting to get jam packed earlier now, not just at primetime. Wait and see how prices of items are going to plummet. We want the same for raids? CoF everywhere, BCGs everywhere, soon enough raid items will cost jack shit, they wont mean anything, everyone will have them. Every character iwll be decked out in BIS raid gear farming lguk, your effort will mean null when it comes to standing out against the "others." there wont be "others" everyone will have the same gear. EQ back then to me was, that gap, between raiders and non raiders. You know that gap, when the difference between a non planar char trying to farm something and a planar char farming it 10x easier.. might not be as obvious until later expansions but that was always the cool thing to me.

WOW ruined that to me, every expansion we'd race to get the best in slot items, just to see the next expansion offer items equivalent, in 5 man instanced groups, completely devaluing the time i invested weeks before. In EQ it wasnt instant depriciation, some items still had value and there was tsill noticable difference between top tier raider from previous eq expansion and a char geared solely from grouping in the current expansion.

thats my POV on everything, might be different for others. Racing for VS, trak, VP, TOV, SSRA, VT all that will be completely ruined. Granted now we do that shit faster and its not as challenging but theres still that "got there first feeling"

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I see that argument and just think it doesn't hold much water, there is absolutely no way that the toxic hyper competitive raiding on Ragefire is going to keep more people subbed than a Ragefire with instances would. And besides if they wanted to they could tune the raids to be harder. Once you put it in a DZ it goes to a seperate zone file than the regular zone so you could do easy stuff like multiply all mob hp by 5 or whatever. Even if their database is a mess after 16 years that should be easy enough.

The number of people chasing that got their first feeling is just pretty tiny compared to the overall population. TL losing 60 subs is nothing next to the 10 guilds below them folding due to never getting kills.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But is that gap between raiders and non-raiders worth dicking over the rest of the server in order to achieve it? Pulling shady tactics in order to get it? Monopolizing all raid content just so you can say you are better? That seems fairly short sighted. We saw how it worked out on Vulak, as many say it ultimately killed the server.

Malt_sl

shitlord
I loved racing to raids back in the day, but now that I have a job and raid mobs through SoL will be able to be boxed by a single person it doesn't hold the same appeal.