New Progression Server confirmed

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Killed Terror, he dropped nothing. Wraith of Shissar is also buffed.

If you don't have your epic items already those quests are going to be a pain in the fucking ass to complete in Kunark.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Killed Draco. The fight is a nightmare and straight up requires 20-30 Mages with more being preferable. Fifty would probably be ideal with zero melee dps characters and zero tanks. Just healers and Mages. We generated a mountain of corpses killing. Drops were

rrr_img_104647.png

It took so long to clear Fear, kill Terror, kill Wraith, and then kill Draco that the zone was starting to repop. There is no fucking reason to go into this zone and fight through tooth and nail for CT's garbage drops. There is no excuse for Tear, Dread, Fright, and Draco to still have broken loot tables. There's no reason to bring tanks or non-Mage dps classes to raids. It's what these encounters have been balanced around.

And Lockjaw has until December for Kunark.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Killed Draco. The fight is a nightmare and straight up requires 20-30 Mages with more being preferable. Fifty would probably be ideal with zero melee dps characters and zero tanks. Just healers and Mages. We generated a mountain of corpses killing. Drops were

rrr_img_104647.png

It took so long to clear Fear, kill Terror, kill Wraith, and then kill Draco that the zone was starting to repop. There is no fucking reason to go into this zone and fight through tooth and nail for CT's garbage drops. There is no excuse for Tear, Dread, Fright, and Draco to still have broken loot tables. There's no reason to bring tanks or non-Mage dps classes to raids. It's what these encounters have been balanced around.

Yea Im taking a break for a few days to see if they decide to change this shit. When Mage walling down content is a more viable option than legitimately completing it, it kills my desire to play.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's probably literally cheaper to roll mages and level them to 50 to mage him down than to buy a raid force worth of shit resist gear for Draco's AE since almost nothing you care about uses Disease ae's in classic.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Instead of addressing what Mages and people boxing piles of Mages was doing to content they have rebalanced Hate, Fear, and Sky around the assumption that you are showing up with 30+ Mages. It has warped the entire game and this isn't really even Everquest anymore. It's someone's homebrewed custom rules server. And the guy whose server it is fucking hates Warriors, SKs, Paladins, Shadow Knights, Rangers, Rogues, Wizards, and Shaman.

It's probably literally cheaper to roll mages and level them to 50 to mage him down than to buy a raid force worth of shit resist gear for Draco's AE since almost nothing you care about uses Disease ae's in classic.
Boss Bixie on Sky. End of list.

And yeah, doing the encounter legitimate requires everyone to be sporting 100 unbuffed DR and MR at least. That's BD earrings, diamond rings, BD neck + other stuff for every single person for a boss that doesn't drop anything.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Instead of addressing what Mages and people boxing piles of Mages was doing to content they have rebalanced Hate, Fear, and Sky around the assumption that you are showing up with 30+ Mages. It has warped the entire game and this isn't really even Everquest anymore. It's someone's homebrewed custom rules server. And the guy whose server it is fucking hates Warriors, SKs, Paladins, Shadow Knights, Rangers, Rogues, Wizards, and Shaman.
100% this.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
100% this.
Glad to see you taking a stand against such Eonan - there's a high road and a low road in situations like this. Glad to see you're taking the road I'd expect of someone of the caliber you've come across as. (And note - different stuff, but seriously debating a full quit at this point for a few eras - or at least til Kunark but I expect any visits at that point will be brief)

Malt_sl

shitlord
Yea Im taking a break for a few days to see if they decide to change this shit. When Mage walling down content is a more viable option than legitimately completing it, it kills my desire to play.
It's been the more viable option from the start. It was amusing to me when tanks wanted to feel useful and would scream for heals knowing that if they just backed up everyone but the mages could take an afk and it would be easier and less stressful.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I got booted from the guild in the last 4 days? Not sure why.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Apparently I got booted from the guild in the last 4 days? Not sure why.
Hit me up in game later today Chanur, we did some roster cleanup and you might have accidentally been removed if we didn't have you tagged properly or something.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
If they were to remove the ability for pets to tank these specific mobs, i.e. hold aggro, I believe it could fix a lot of problems. Pets would still do the same amount of damage but they simply wouldn't get onto the mobs aggro list. It wouldn't change how pets are used for any other encounters, so mages would remain just as viable in combat for all non-raid mobs. But what it would do is give player tank classes a purpose, which would in turn make healers and all the other support classes useful again, which is the way it should be.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thanks Zaide. I dont see you on now but ill be on most of the weekend so ill hit you up. They left my wizard as recruit and that's probably why I got the boot.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they were to remove the ability for pets to tank these specific mobs, i.e. hold aggro, I believe it could fix a lot of problems. Pets would still do the same amount of damage but they simply wouldn't get onto the mobs aggro list. It wouldn't change how pets are used for any other encounters, so mages would remain just as viable in combat for all non-raid mobs. But what it would do is give player tank classes a purpose, which would in turn make healers and all the other support classes useful again, which is the way it should be.
From when I PMed Prathun about it, he claimed it was a "complex scripting issue" rather than just a simple thing to copy the Plane of War code that does that. =/

lost

<Bronze Donator>
DBG is trying to enforce raid rotations..403 Forbidden

Time to quit for me, I didnt come to classic EQ to have everything carebeared. I didnt like EQ when raid zones were instanced, and now this might as well bet he same. Let people go to lockjaw who want rotations. Besides that we havent seen any guild kill CT.

They need to fix the buffed raid mobs, we've let other guilds attempt buffed CT, naggy etc and watched them wipe. It's not like TL is ksing raid mobs from other guilds, that we need a forced rotation..

rrr_img_104647.png

that new loot feature is horrific, jesus

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Once you get used to it, its nice. As stated though it takes way more space than it should.

Quick question, away from all the Planes sadness, estimate on how many Bone Chips it takes to hit level 8 in Kala?

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Stay classy Norrathians. It looks like it's time to.

Choose Your Own Raid Rotation

As we mentioned in other posts, we want to believe you can work these types of things out. We know that the relationship between guilds is a bit different on Ragefire than it is on Lockjaw. That doesn't mean that you should bully or harass others in your quest for phat lewtz.

Starting immediately, we're asking guilds and players to talk to each other, and create their own raid rotations. However, we know trying to enforce a raid rotation can be hard without enforcement. Beginning on Monday, July 27, 2015, Guides will be available to handle situations that guilds can't work out on their own. and the dev team is prepared to provide support in any extreme situations.

You can contact guides in-game by using /guidehelp (and learn more about guides on Ragefire & Lockjaw in Windstalker's post here)

Be the Change You Want to See In Norrath

The player community we have in EverQuest is something that makes us unique and special. While you explore Norrath and compete for raid bosses, remember that we're all part of the same community that enjoys playing EverQuest together. As the communities on Ragefire and Lockjaw continue to develop, it's important to work to get along with the other players on your server.

Progression server players have expansions to unlock, continents to explore, and loot to be. looted. All of this will be a much better experience if players and guilds can get along.

Want to discuss this? Jump into the conversation on the Time Locked Progression server subforum here.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...ockjaw.225229/

redface.png

edit: oops sorry didn't see lost posted this above.