New Rule: Should we cull all EQ-Neckbeard discussion from game threads?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That's, what, twice that the "no" voters have invoked the Hitler/Nazi rule? You know, the one that says once you bring that up, you lose the argument?

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man, I remember camping Dragon Necro for days straight. That little fucking rat with his super monk boomstick was too rare.

You knew when he finally poped tho. Monktank go splat. LOL.
Talking about the Chetari Wardstaff dropped by Dustbinder Grakina?

I always liked raiding Dragon Necropolis and NToV since I got to goof around in Western Wastes before raids.

Speaking of knock back and Western Wastes remmeber Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher? I was pissed when they killed the pirate ship quest
frown.png

no

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I voted yes, not because I think it should be heavily moderated, or that that would do any good. Simply because I agree it's a problem and has been for years. Not so much the comparing of game mechanics ("armchair dev'ing" unless they are championing some outdated and retarded mechanic, just because EQ did it), but more so the page long brag posts about what the poster and/or their guild did back in EQ (and fucking WoW). No one gives a fuck.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I voted yes, not because I think it should be heavily moderated, or that that would do any good. Simply because I agree it's a problem and has been for years. Not so much the comparing of game mechanics ("armchair dev'ing" unless they are championing some outdated and retarded mechanic, just because EQ did it), but more so the page long brag posts about what the poster and/or their guild did back in EQ (and fucking WoW). No one gives a fuck.
Well part of the problem with this whole episode is that the people complaining the most (Draegan, Sean, etc) also posted as much or more about EQ as those they are frustrated with. They didn't win their arguments so they went to the censor option when they got tired of responding. It's a lazy reaction but understandable. I thought that TESO was the EQNext thread when reading the last few pages and I'm sure other people did to. It's confuses the board a bit.

But that doesn't excuse whoever labeled Laura with the offending pic and title, that is going overboard. She has a particular viewpoint that isn't popular with most of you but she wasn't the only one posting in that thread. Draegan, Sean and Co. posted just as much BS as she did. Except they think their BS doesn't stink.

Laura, Draegan, Sean etc etc etc were all posting a ton of non TESO related posts. But she is the one being trashed for it. And this thread is all about that. If they had once in the TESO thread asked to move it to the appropriate place then their reaction would make more sense. But they skipped that and went straight to Sieg Heil mode.

From now on lets just remind people to take it to the appropriate thread (get a room), that should be enough to fix the issue. We are all adults here.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
In the absence of any info on the games, I don't see the harm if people hash it out over mechanics. Pick on people with EQ nostalgia isn't particularly fair. They have they're opinions and you have yours. I get the sense that some of you that are happy with modern games like WoW think there is NOTHING redeemable or good about EQ. That simply isn't the case. But you seem to wanna throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak. There is nothing wrong with wanting a game that doesn't cater to the instant gratification crowd. We have enough of those. By the same token, there is nothing wrong with modern tools being included in today's MMOs. Technology has progressed for better or worse. Deal with it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Why are people calling Laura a she, when it's pretty clear he's a dude with a chicks name?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Lol touch?. Laura, we're gonna need you to post in the rerolled tits thread to clear this up please...

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
This moving postings from a thread thing. Isn't it going to be hard to follow where it originally came from and will the soul-crushing bashing about that post/poster be moved with the moved post or will we be reading about X posting with random hate about something that is now missing in that thread line with no clue what happened?
Just wanting to keep a timeline correct while reading. I can filter ppl's posts/posters that I dont feel is interesting reading or subject matter but the whole moving posts thing seems a bit of a mess or something that would be a cluster-fuck in some respect.

I can understand some views on both sides but when it comes to moving things around or not, but that is some dedication for an admin to do, I would think being very tedious and time consuming. How would the Admin "Norsefire/Ingsoc" handle random postings not part of thread subject or would it be just a dumping grounds for non-subject based content from threads. A thread of junk posts that didn't meet thread standard from the original section.
As for a thread that is only story accounts from members about X game and their experience I think would be awesome, this I would like to see done but only a copy from X thread to this new thread. Think a move might be messy and could stir more hate than what it solves.

Forum boards need sidebars in this case. A thread within a thread it seems. Or a kind of subposting from that thread. I havent messed with forum boards in some time but I dont think this is still possible to do without being a complete mess of spiderwebbing forum.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Forum boards need sidebars in this case. A thread within a thread it seems. Or a kind of subposting from that thread. I havent messed with forum boards in some time but I dont think this is still possible to do without being a complete mess of spiderwebbing forum.
Probably wouldn't be too hard to do. It would be more a question of how the themes work than the code. It should be fairly simple to put in something like "hide all off-topic comments" or "NO DERAIL" or whatever. The real question is: Why can't people not be dumbshits on every post?

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Would we still be allowed to say someone should make a game similar to UO? PKing, player housing anywhere, skill system instead of levels, community driven and built rather than a theme park, reagents for spells, good crafting that is needed, etc.

Obviously I don't want a UO with better graphics, I just want an MMO that focuses on community driven rather than theme park. :/ Eve is awesome but it doesn't work for me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You can say it in threads like this, not ones dedicated to another particular game (you know, the one in the thread title).

PS: Forced / Miss Behaving -- wasn't Forced the name that Goliath used for awhile?