New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just been chatting with Solidfps on his stream and he just basically said that he has pretty much done everything in this game PVE wise, 99% of all available quests, all dungeons several times..etc.. Hes now 60 and he said all that was about 100 hrs/played. And hes not a mmorpg player so those that are and more familiar with systems will probabaly do this faster. He also said that next time he wont be wasting his time doing all of the quests, and he can get there faster whatever that means. Maybe town board, pure grinding? IDK

So there is more shit to grind at 60 like new faction gear and such, but yeah 100-120 hrs.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uhh, harsher death penalty usually works. If youre allowing people to kill themselves to travel, your death system sucks and has not enough negatives.
Or your travel system sucks ball.

Personally, I don't mind how travel is setup in New World. There is always something worthwhile to do while going from point to point to point (until you're near max weight). Though I can see how a lot people would find chopping tress or gathering plants / ore as a distraction from getting that next quest destination. Any change they make will be fine with me, so win / win.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was watching some streamer and his buddy defending a fort in small group PvP. That sold me. Very old school PvP vibes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So just been chatting with Solidfps on his stream and he just basically said that he has pretty much done everything in this game PVE wise, 99% of all available quests, all dungeons several times..etc.. Hes now 60 and he said all that was about 100 hrs/played. And hes not a mmorpg player so those that are and more familiar with systems will probabaly do this faster. He also said that next time he wont be wasting his time doing all of the quests, and he can get there faster whatever that means. Maybe town board, pure grinding? IDK

So there is more shit to grind at 60 like new faction gear and such, but yeah 100-120 hrs.
You can lvl up faster by ignoring side quests for the most til 35+ or, and just concentrate on doing Faction missions / Town Board along with moving your MSQ along as needed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I have a feeling that town board thing is going to get nerfed again before release. The extra 25 min they added to the CD was not long enough, lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is PvP gear normalized in this? Or will no-lifers rule the day? Not interested in PvP games in the slightest without gear normalization.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was watching some streamer and his buddy defending a fort in small group PvP. That sold me. Very old school PvP vibes.
"old school" is getting your friend Jesse to roleplay as a night elf female and then attack the mark when they're cybering behind a tree in innoruuk forest. Tough to PVP with a slippery hand.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Is PvP gear normalized in this? Or will no-lifers rule the day? Not interested in PvP games in the slightest without gear normalization.

Apparently lowbies get buffed to the no-lifers levels right now. Which, you can imagine, is getting a lot of REEEE from people who spent a lot of time getting OP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
"old school" is getting your friend Jesse to roleplay as a night elf female and then attack the mark when they're cybering behind a tree in innoruuk forest. Tough to PVP with a slippery hand.
The vibe I got was guarding frontier keeps or camping Emain frontier gates at 5 am with a small group in DAoC. Or small skirmishes in SB.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Apparently lowbies get buffed to the no-lifers levels right now. Which, you can imagine, is getting a lot of REEEE from people who spent a lot of time getting OP.
Don't care about levels, I care about gear. If a poopsocker gets to fight with his +100 gear against people with +5 gear, lmao.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
And there is the problem in a nutshell. I mean jsut think about this. People killing themselves to travel. Umm how bout putting in other systems to quickly travel. I mean isnt this ring out as a major problem when your players are killing themselves to travel?

Also death issue would be solved with exp loss at death. PvE of course, PvP should be left alone.
Is it just the framing of death that gets you?

lets says they made a system that Gates you to your bind for the trade off of the same costs as dying, but you didn’t actually die, would you care?

is the problem for you the death or the cost?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Don't care about levels, I care about gear. If a poopsocker gets to fight with his +100 gear against people with +5 gear, lmao.
Making gear worthless is not the answer either. Or else why the fuck have it in the game at all. There needs to be a happy medium here.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I was speaking specifically about gear. The people who spent a bunch of time getting OP via gear. Thought it went without saying. My bad.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
According to a stream I watched, gear scales based on how good your current gear is to your level. So to scale to poopsocker levels you have to have best gear at your level.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Sounds about right. If the only thing you did was quests to level and the few dungeons, then yeah. The latter is basically new additions(all basically in the last year iirc). Why do all that in beta I dunno, unless you were testing leveling speed.

Its going to take them a bit longer to make up for all the time they lost going a completely different direction previously. Not sure they could delay again either. Probably why they just release now that its at a decent spot and add more later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well like I said earlier in thread. So its basically 1-2 weeks to level to 60, maybe 3-4 if your retarded or casual. So basically they have Aug and 2-4 weeks after launch to add in some type of PvE end game or all the pve peeps will skate. I dont mind some PvP action but I have a feeling the shit will get old real quick if thats their only end game. And thats fine, I mean its their game and if they want a PvP only type end game, so be it. But this game could be so much more if they add in some PvE type shit for end game too.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think one of the reasons I hate most MMOs is the running. Not because I mind travel, but why. Am I running because I made a decision to go somewhere or meet someone or explore or find nodes. Or am I running because quests and UI markers are telling me where to go and what to do next. That's when inefficiency of pointless running gets annoying.

I quit the Final Fantasy mmo because I realized I levelled to my teens and never read a single line of quest text, but also barely stopped to even look at mobs. Was like they didn't even need graphics, just play the game through the UI, but then skip what I could anyhow.

New World sounds more interesting and like it had more potential before quests. When I played so long ago the problem was just needing more interesting PvE and combat, not that the game needed more pulling players around by the UI, which is how it sounds now.

Maybe the travel feels bad because the reason for it sounds like shit now. It didn't feel bad before without the quests and UI markers dictating your game decisions.

Sounds like the same old story where they added stuff to appeal to the lowest common denominator gamers who probably won't stick around anyhow.

I mean, they responded to criticism of the PvE by adding fetch quests at quest hubs the game leads you to and from? Oof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think one of the reasons I hate most MMOs is the running. Not because I mind travel, but why. Am I running because I made a decision to go somewhere or meet someone or explore or find nodes. Or am I running because quests and UI markers are telling me where to go and what to do next. That's when inefficiency of pointless running gets annoying.

I quit the Final Fantasy mmo because I realized I levelled to my teens and never read a single line of quest text, but also barely stopped to even look at mobs. Was like they didn't even need graphics, just play the game through the UI, but then skip what I could anyhow.

New World sounds more interesting and like it had more potential before quests. When I played so long ago the problem was just needing more interesting PvE and combat, not that the game needed more pulling players around by the UI, which is how it sounds now.

Maybe the travel feels bad because the reason for it sounds like shit now. It didn't feel bad before without the quests and UI markers dictating your game decisions.

Sounds like the same old story where they added stuff to appeal to the lowest common denominator gamers who probably won't stick around anyhow.

I mean, they responded to criticism of the PvE by adding fetch quests at quest hubs the game leads you to and from? Oof.
If the game is basically entertaining, then people can put up with dumb travel times. If the game is shit, long travel times make that shit smell even worse.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What PvE content though? Aside the world which is like 99% solo, we have a few dungeons that are laughably easy by mmo terms. This is at its core a level up, gear up, and PvP game, bro.
Not sure if anyone can answer, but I kind of want to play life staff, but I'm worried I won't even be able to solo the PVE content. Is that retarded? It seems good up through level 16, but I think everything is kind of weird up through 20.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

From what I saw, and my little playtime is that its annoying because it all feels disjointed. Like Take wow for an example. It was a quest hub game but it made more sense. You got your 6 or so quests and they would lead you in a pretty well defined patth, not straying too far from the quest hub. Then you turned them all in, and got a second set of quests for that same hub that took you to the remaining places within that hub. Then when all done with that you got a quest that would take you to the next area. A bit of running around, sure, but all within a pretty small area.

In this game the quests felt all disjointed, Running all over and and being divorced from the hub youre supposed to be in. If that makes sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users