New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah this game def needs a pass for the 45+ shit. Its pretty barren. Starting at the zones 45+ travel becomes a huge fucking chore. Zones start having mountains everywhere that basically bottleneck you to take dumb paths they set up. Quick travel is a thing but soon you will realize youre out of azoth and running again.

Look at a zone like great cleve, fucking massive and only like 5 quests there basically amounting to maybe 1/2 or less of a level of exp. In the mid 50s youre basically stuck grinding faction quests and the town boards. You do the pittance of quests they give you in the 51+ zones and thats it. I hit 55 tonight thinking a new slurry of new quests would open up and guess what, ONE fucking new quest. Im def thinking the plebs when they get to this range of the game 45+ most will quit. Huge fucking grind 45+. Im starting to wonder if I should go nback to the 25+ zones and finish all the quests there for 1.5-2K a pop, lol.

At 55 it wants 90 fucking thousand experience. And at 1.5K-2K a piece for the faction quests, and less for the town boards, thats essentially running 50 of those fucking quests for 1 level. Fuck that but at least for those I could get some 490 gear out of it. Grinding mobs also does not work. At 60 exp a pop thats 1500 mobs. Lets say youre highly efficient and take 30 sec ea, thats roughly 13 hours of grindage.

I guess I could craft for exp, sometimes thats good, but along with it is all the gathering or buying up of materials. That sounds like another fucking drag. I would rather level those at my own pace when 60.

Cant even grind the fucking dungeons because, hey! We need a key thats almost impossible and not worth to get.

Also a point about the faction shop. At the Destroyer level or whatever its called, they cap your tokens at 25,000. So lets say youre at 24,890 and turn in a quest thet gives you a thousand, you end up losing like 900. This would not be an issue but some of the fucking gear, like chest costs 25,000. Thats a fucking retarded design.

I sure hope they have their quest designers working overtime to fix up the 45+ game. Because if not I see a mass exodus of plebs coming up shortly. Fuck the server transfers theyve been working hard on, they will need server merges soon if they dont shore up that end game more.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree. I still enjoy the game, but I find I am playing in bursts now due to the repetitive nature of the design. I like new things, not repeat 1000 times things. The game does not hold me as much as it initially did. I guess it is a good thing there is not monthly cost, as that allows me to play how I want to, rather than feeling like I have to.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Edengrove is super vibrant (maybe too much), but man is it a fucking annoyance to travel in. Like Great Cleave but worse.

Doing the main quest and you have to run 2-3km on a single pathway with no variance on the left/right, and it's filled with level 59-60 archers and shit. SUPER FUN!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So Edengrove is super vibrant (maybe too much), but man is it a fucking annoyance to travel in. Like Great Cleave but worse.

Doing the main quest and you have to run 2-3km on a single pathway with no variance on the left/right, and it's filled with level 59-60 archers and shit. SUPER FUN!
Worst zone by far to travel in. Thats the one I was thinking of when mentioning more mountains. Its like they designed this shit on purpose to make you run more. They should make that designer for that zone sit down and play through 50 of those faction quests over and over again and see if he likes his stupid zone design then.Same with the quest designer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I'm at 28 and bored as shit. Same quests & mobs over and over and over again.
There is some more variety as you level up. Not saying a ton, but definitely some. Need more fleshing out at higher levels as stated

I just like harvesting and pvping, the other stuff is icing on the cake. don't need tired ass 15 year old games but I can't wait to get hype for a New World expansion 10 years after release in 2031

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Can someone give me a run down on classes or weapons and whats good for what? Coming into this as a total noob.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Can someone give me a run down on classes or weapons and whats good for what? Coming into this as a total noob.
a lot of customization possible, but here are some generic "classes" for leveling.
fire staff/frost gauntlet mage - great for aoe'ing down quest areas.
2handed axe and hatchet for melee dps (probably the most common leveling spec)
sword and board with lifestaff, warhammer or hatchet for tank.
bow and hatchet for your archer.

Hatchet is probably the best weapon for leveling, with its run speed (called haste in game) and self healing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I can’t play new world on my MacBook.
key-and-peele-messed-up.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
a lot of customization possible, but here are some generic "classes" for leveling.
fire staff/frost gauntlet mage - great for aoe'ing down quest areas.
2handed axe and hatchet for melee dps (probably the most common leveling spec)
sword and board with lifestaff, warhammer or hatchet for tank.
bow and hatchet for your archer.

Hatchet is probably the best weapon for leveling, with its run speed (called haste in game) and self healing.
I'm interested in the world pvp(?). Are there weapons better for that?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
greater axe + hatchet
bow + spear
firestaff + rapier

would say these are some of the most common. I haven't pvp'ed too much. just going off youtube videos I've seen.

but life staff is pretty obnoxious overall if you want to just heal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know it’s not the funnest thing, but the town board is extremely rewarding for exp. I was struggling with edensgrove at 52/53, went to Ebonscale and enjoyed that area - but instead started concentrating on windfall town board.

Some of the t3-4 mat turn-ins are rewarding anywhere from 3200-6500 exp. Yea, it’s a literal fuck ton of mats that you give up - but I’m not struggling with gold. When I don’t need iron, or hemp, I fish at that little pond to the west of windfall. When I do need iron, or hemp - it’s all readily available in that area in bulk. If I need other shit, like sand paper - I buy that off the auction house.

The fishing? Sell the filets. At 15-40 gold a pop, they sell within 15 minutes. Not stellar gold, but enough to keep up with the town board. Hell, the morning I took off for this trip - I was timing the board. Going to pack, shower etc. and checking back each refresh.

The potion and cooking ones are the only ones I barely ever take. Common potions are way too time intensive to farm up in that zone. The cooking shit is the same. Energizing rations? I’m down. Weak mana potions? I’m down. But that specialty food for the board? Fuck that. The mats alone for those things sell for over 300g a piece. 15 common health potions? 125+. Those TB quests are just wayyy the fk out of line. Kill 20 wolves works out perfectly almost everywhere, cause then I can farm leather and usually those places have 5-10 iron nodes.

Riveting gameplay? Not in the least. But I’m leveling not only my character, but also my life skills. Outside of weapon exp, you’re missing out on almost nothing. When I fly back in tomorrow, I’m going to finish out 57 and then get back to the MSQ. I left it off on the level 50 part at the beginning of edensgrove - and like has been said - between 50 and 58, the MSQ should knock out both of those levels. Even the MSQ dungeon, I’m going to be overleveled for.

Speaking of the dungeons and the keys? I haven’t used a single key of my own out of the dozen+ dungeon runs I’ve done since I started. I think? The keys are BOP - and if they changed that - then I think that would fix it for a majority of people. I have the mats for keys and the stone cutting to make all of them. If I could sell them, I would. Lots of people would probably. Just simply based on the fact that I have too many mats already in eversingle storage house. You have 30+ people trying to sell a genesis key and the price is going to drop down fairly quick.

Im looking forward to the gear grind at 60, cause the gear is going to start to matter more. I hate gearing as you level in MMO games simply because you look like a clown 90% of the time. Even with transmog in WoW, it was just never worth it to go out of your way to do it. You just level too quick and swap out gear too often. The skin idea that they have for cosmetics is awesome, but far too limiting. If they allowed you to buy a transmog stone to “save” that skin or something, I would be fine with that.

The game is “okay” right now, but there is so much potential here. If they don’t drop the ball with patches and content drops - they’ll do just fine.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In regards to other US East servers; Valhalla is dominated by 2 Covenant guilds, Aftershock and Etherium.