New World

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Gearsets would go a long way, also not having everything in your bags take damage when you die. Luckily most shit isn't even worth selling because if you wanted to sell shit after a death you'd have to repair it all before listing it. Add the repair cost to the insane trading post fees and I'd rather scrap everything. Swapping-wise, just carrying around a miner/lumberjack/etc set is a nightmare trying to sort through the pieces and then find your original kit afterwards. It makes you realize how key something like 14's armory chest system is for a job based mmo.

I hit the point mid 50s where my storage was getting so full that I was avoiding logging in because it felt like cleaning my room. I would list a ton of weight on the AH trying to sell it and come back the next day to my storage 400 weight over and have to start all over again. I've taken to running large loads of shit to the outposts just to dump shit there temporarily.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
ageiq1nga4v71.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright I’m way behind most people here. Just got an epic done, have a few more to go, plus some weapons to level up, haven’t even touched pvp or the lvl 60 dungeons yet. Any legs on this game or did I waste my time? The patch notes haven’t been promising so far, felt like a lot of down time for very little result

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah,

My play time is also slowing down. Just not all that much to do that does not just feel overly repetitive. I know games are that way by nature but the reward needs to really match the cost. You could try to get 600 gear that is perfectly rolled...but why? It just does not matter all that much for the time it takes to get there. On our server the market is pretty much done. Very few things are selling because most players know that gold is just to difficult to acquire once you finish all the quests. I could build up crafting beyond 150 but the amount of time to farm the stuff to get it to 200 just seems like way to much time.

Amazon, Korea called. They want their grind back.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Absolutely, The game need to offer more compelling reasons such as recognition for players to actually grind the high-end stuff.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, what a shit answer. So it's okay that all the gold is front loaded in the first 30 levels?

No wonder they don't get it. This game will be dead in a hurry with these people. Literally no incentive to do anything at end game. It's a disincentive to play the game more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Wow, what a shit answer. So it's okay that all the gold is front loaded in the first 30 levels?

No wonder they don't get it. This game will be dead in a hurry with these people. Literally no incentive to do anything at end game. It's a disincentive to play the game more.
Eh not entirely true. You'll make a lot more money end game farming good drops that people will eventually need/want to buy. You can make a lot just from trade skill stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Cybsled

This quote stood out to me

Touching on the current state of the economy. From a data standpoint the economy is performing within acceptable levels. All servers are creating more money than is being removed, and by a good margin. However, the economy is tighter at the end-game currently. When we look at surplus income generated by level, it’s very high in the 1-35 level range, decent in the 40-59 range, and gets narrow at 60. This means that as more players get to level 60, this will start to put more pressure on the economy.

Like people have mentioned, the creation is basically being propped up by the 1-off gold sources during leveling. Once you get towards the max levels, that starts to dry up and the repair costs/fees begin to grind down your gold stores. I don't think they have a good understanding of human psychology as well - gold hording due to perception means that it doesnt enter the economy in sufficient quantities, further pushing the deflation issue

• 2Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

While I generally agree there needs to be more sources of income their posts contradicts what you’re saying there. They have the data and it shows that even at end game players are generating more gold than they are losing.
Perception does not always equal reality.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Congratulations man, seriously. We tried that dungeon last night and like global chat says "we got clapped HARD." We tried it for just as long as you before we finally said fuck it. Not a lot of information on mechanics and I think Lumi and I found out more about the mechanics AFTER we left.

We suffered from - People all spread out causing the floor to just be COVERED during her aoe, thinking it was random placement. The AoE being shit tier in its particle effect, and objects that you can climb on in her room give no hint that they arent "safe." Her random hits giving her multiple stacks within the first 30 seconds of the fight from the DPS even though her attention is squarely on me from the get-go so then she breaks my stamina bar and kills me in two rounds. People not dodging through the wave. People not dodging her pew pew. People getting in front of the boss while shes standing still. People being directly behind me when she breaks my stamina bar, pushes me 15 feet away and getting caught between me and her and being mowed down like a bicyclist. Healer placing sacred in the dumbest f'n places. Healer using the one direct heal on a DPS that got caught in a bad spot and now Im just depending on sacred ground and my potions (if Im even lucky enough to have that work out in my favor). Some random ass mechanic (bug?) where we would just all insta-die. Then after Lumi and I left, the rest of the group kept trying - healer told me after an hour later that the boss is over tuned and they quit too.

Then, like you said, the loot there is just fucking retarded. The dungeon rewards are 500 legendary pieces, apparently? Or they could be random? Ya, they are nice - but at that point, theres better world drops for a LOT less work. I saw a youtube video this morning on the "state of the game" or w/e, and Sethphir is saying the exact same thing you are about loot and the work needed to complete that dungeon. Again, verifying that most of the loot from there is just so out of whack for what you need in gear to get through that dungeon WITHOUT having a wipe fest and perfect execution. Hell, Im 548 with just over 2100 physical and the bitch was WRECKING me.

But grats on getting through it. Shit is just awful, and teaching people how to do the mechanics of that fight to perfect execution for that little bit of reward is just not something I would be excited about doing. Watched a live stream of Genesis a couple days ago and that dungeon is leaps and bounds easier in its entirety over that specific boss in Lazarus. Shit is just awfully tuned.

Going to stop wasting time and finish my voidbent grind.
Yeah that 1st boss was rough. We figured out the AOE thing was targeting the centers on us, so our strat, which worked pretty well was when she pulled up her staff to cast it and made that sound,, we called it out met in the middle, then ran out. So AOE was centered in the middle so that patrt was solved. But the thing that sucks about that fight is the RNG aspect of it. One time she would do the 3 quick hits on me, then toss the spear, then rush me with a power attack. Which would break my shield and one shot me when her count was 9+ Then other times she would not. Shit like that. The wave she does also seemed random too. We had another melee that kept getting spanked over and over by that. She also had a counter over her head and I think the key is to last as long as possible to like count of 10 or 11 and then make her reset on the pool. She does more dmg as she counts up so its brutal, but I think thats another key to the fight.

On the loot thing, yeah if youre gonna craft orbs to do this dungeon, the loot better be wort hit. I mean yeah the legos they have for rewarsds are fucking nice, probabaly drop in the range of your watermark, but how many runs of that shit are you gonna do to get one to drop? THey need to make that shit worthwhile to do. There was also no expedition chests anywhere, like the lower tier dungeoions had all over the place. Only one we found was at the end after the last boss. Also the place without the 2 hour wipes of course, is super short.

On another note we did this after some farming in places like reekwater and shattered so my inv was full of shit to sell that I kept. I really regret not putting it all in the bank before the dungeon. This morning they wanted like 3000 repair parts and like 3000 gold to fix it all. So I said fuck it and dismantled it all. Shit like Of the Barbarians heavy pieces 560 GS+ that sell really well. I was sad about it.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Eh not entirely true. You'll make a lot more money end game farming good drops that people will eventually need/want to buy. You can make a lot just from trade skill stuff.
The post literally explains the difference between coin creation and coin transfer. Lol Jesus Christ Almighty, Lord help me, the amount of people that don't understand this is baffling.

Cybsled

While I generally agree there needs to be more sources of income their posts contradicts what you’re saying there. They have the data and it shows that even at end game players are generating more gold than they are losing.
Perception does not always equal reality.

You didn't read it very well.

When we look at surplus income generated by level, it’s very high in the 1-35 level range, decent in the 40-59 range, and gets narrow at 60. This means that as more players get to level 60, this will start to put more pressure on the economy.

They actually admit that at max level, surplus gold is shit. Surplus means what you get to keep after any expenses, like repairs or taxes. That is because the main source of gold dries up (the yellow 1-off quests that cannot be repeated), which is why the lower levels have lots of gold.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The shipping route aims for the whirlpool but the people getting on the next boat at the dock and partying before they get there doesn't change the destination.

All you can do is try to suck as much gold from other players via item sales. Minus taxes and the listing fee, plus the refining fee for the mats and the crafting fee to make it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The post literally explains the difference between coin creation and coin transfer. Lol Jesus Christ Almighty, Lord help me, the amount of people that don't understand this is baffling.
Dude I understand it but the fact remains you will still be able to make way more money at end game than otherwise. This was my point because he said there's no reason to do end game which is simply false.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You didn't read it very well.

They actually admit that at max level, surplus gold is shit. Surplus means what you get to keep after any expenses, like repairs or taxes. That is because the main source of gold dries up (the yellow 1-off quests that cannot be repeated), which is why the lower levels have lots of gold.
Don't forget, also, that data lags. People are very quick to point out the deflation as evidenced by the outcry by players.

Meaning, their data shows outflows of money not being very great, but that's likely because players already decided to say fuck housing or spending money or crafting because the taxes hurt too much.

They have no way of capturing people opting out of activities due to psychology, or the barter economy that's sprung up because people realized gold was too valuable.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are things to do in the game. The problem is, is that the incentive to do them is very low. The carrot that is needed to drive the high end game is pretty non existent. Players play the high end game to be badass. Players want to show off what they have and be able to gain a purpose for it.

The purpose for high end gear comes with a few reasons.

Does it look awesome? looks matter as is evident in games like Guild Wars 2. The entire high end game revolves around how an item looks with a small amount of emphasis on item power.

Can it allow a player to kill faster thus gaining more loot? Gold matters in a game. It especially matters in games that use sinks as a way to remove it.

Can it allow a player to better kill another player in competition? This is the one that most players will gravitate too for purpose. This has the strongest drive if the game has PvP in it.

Now lets review New World.

Does high end gear look awesome? Not really. The free stuff actually looks the best when it comes to armor. The weapons are fairly tame looking. So there is no real driving force there.

Does it allow me to kill faster and thus making more gold? The 600 gear is more powerful but it is not THAT more powerful. The amount of work needed to get the gear is just not worth the small incremental increase in power that requires repeating an action over and over. Add to this the lack of gold incentive due to a strange new system that does not reward the effort. In comparison to lower levels, a player actually makes less gold at 60th unless a player is able to profit from another's fortune. It is as if the game wants you to purchase gold outside the market place. There is no monthly fee but I feel as if there might be one that exists behind the scenes. It would be a very difficult thing to prove if they kept the system separated so as to not make a connection with Amazon. Squeeze the gold economy at high end so that if a player really wants to have gold, they find it much easier to just buy it. Its the Amazon way.

Does the gear allow a player to kill another player faster? It does to some extent but again it is not overwhelming for the amount of work needed to get those perfect pieces.

In short, the game seriously lacks a real carrot to maintain its population past a certain point. Amazon has to pay for those servers. I am not sure how long they are willing to just throw money away if the game goes from 1 mil to 50,000. We will find out by next year.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Three things that really bothered me by that post. One, if the bulk of gold is in the 1-35 range, which also is at the choke point for a lot of players in terms of quitting, means that a huge chunk of that gold never enters the economy. If a player quits the game and never looks back - that 20k+ never reaches the trade market or anything similar. Two, regardless if that gold is the average among all servers, or the total between all servers - there are key players that will know how, or in the case of invasions and wars, get selected to make gold a lot more efficiently than other players. The 1% comparison works out well in this case. Which leads me to the last point, a person at 60 may have taken several days off to get max level. Now that they have limited play time, they just cant keep up with the out going flow of gold at a casual pace at 60. Which lets be honest, we're all going to hit that point eventually just simply from waning interest from time to time.

Their, or his, idea of trying to keep gold "worth something" at end game is more or less punishing people that dont play a lot. Even with the amount of time I have to play, (which is pretty hefty until a certain IRL date), I go negative in my gold intake for the day from time to time. That just doesnt feel good and is awful design.

On that same note - I was harvesting strictly Wirefiber w/o looking up costs on the market place yesterday first. Now I just feel silly - shit is 0.07/per and I have enough legendary mats to make the whole suit already. I gotta give it up to Lumi and all the other people that have reached 200 in skills already though, shit is just a HUGE grind if you're not bank rolling it on the market. Someone said 0-200 in most skills was 1.9 million experience, and 0-200 in furnishing is 7.3 million experience. LOL if Im complaining about 1.9 million, ffs - the 100-200 grind to finish my furnishing is going to make me nutters.

• 2Like