New World

Xevy

Log Wizard
what you think should happen vs what has actually happened in the past 20 years. Has any MMO shut down momentarily due to a dupe?
Yeah this. I'd love to hear 2 instances of a gold dupe getting shut down in less than 6 hours. I can think of SEVERAL that persisted for 1-2 days before they got hit and some that lasted weeks. I mean, fucking EQ TLP's have a new one every few months that lasts a week+ every time.

If they can track the gold then that's good, but I'm sure there's damage done. Any smart cheating shitbag would immediately buy high end shit ASAP, but luckily with the 1 character per server limit it's pretty easy to dish out justice to the main violators.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LOL. After the development this game went through you guys are SURPRISED it is ran like complete shit with total incompetence?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just so pissed. Why is it that every good game is ruined by incompetence and ego? It's like they have NOBODY working at AGS with any MMORPG experience whatsoever. The moment you catch wind of a currency dupe, you shut down IMMEDIATELY.

The fucking arrogance to assume it is "only affecting a very tiny portion of players" and that everything is fine and that you can just deal with them individually is insane. The market is fucked forever. Everyone is affected. And they just don't fucking care.

Yes of course, ever since Ultima, even before Everquest. That's not the point. Servers should have been turned off immediately, and at the very least, transfers disabled immediately. It took them over 6 hours just to do that! And I'm exceptionally salty right now because of all the hard work I did avoiding the massive deflation and the fact I'm being punished for playing smart and working hard prior to this dupe. I had a huge amount of legit coin, and now I just lost 95% of its worth, if not more, from prices rising.

Last night I had enough coin that if I wanted to spend it all I could have maxed all my tradeskills and bought a full set of Voidbent. I didn't do any of those things because of the deflation, I wanted to save, the smart thing to do. Now, I can't afford to do any of those things. Maybe 1. How are people like me not supposed to be pissed beyond measure.
BUT MY LOST SHED !!!!!

take a break and go outside bro damn

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Bethesda only shut down shit ASAP if you duped something that cost real money to obtain. They were slow to move on everything else

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WARNING: Do not change your faction BEFORE you transfer.

I was planning on making a transfer to play with some friends on another server in NAEast. I figured I would change my faction (since they're Syndicate) on my current server then transfer over to the new server.

Now, after switching to Syndicate, the transfer option is gone from the store.

Not only is there no warning that I saw anywhere in the New World FAQ's about character transfers; I'm now in a faction with NO controlled territories. Thus increasing my Azoth costs EVEN MORE now.

I have over 230 hours in the game and I can tell you, I'm not happy about this kind of shit. Amazon games is showing it's naivete when it comes to development. If you're on the fence about this game DON'T buy it yet. Wait until this shit sandwich is at least somewhat fixed.

I've got a ticket in with Amazon and hopefully they can resolve this soon, but I have my doubts that the CS company they're using will even be able to help.

(Edit: This may be a case of bad timing on my part. Apparently transfer tokens were taken off the store while I was attempting a transfer)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I got a notification in game that they were suspending transfers temporarily and then the tokens disappeared from the store. It may have just been bad timing if this was within the last couple of hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damnit. I didn't even think about being able to write out things with my house decorations. Also there are gold dupes now since the char transfer went live. Will we see rollbacks or was this the gold injection the economy needed? Tune in next time.

View attachment 378221
I wish I could do something like this. The problem is the person who is lead to my house works for the company. He has 977,000 points over my 2nd place of 297,000. He literally has every piece of buildable furniture in the house. I am guessing he has a 300 rating with the faction. 3 weeks and this guy has that many points.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got a notification in game that they were suspending transfers temporarily and then the tokens disappeared from the store. It may have just been bad timing if this was within the last couple of hours.

Yes this was within the last hour. Thanks for letting me know.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I wish I could do something like this. The problem is the person who is lead to my house works for the company. He has 977,000 points over my 2nd place of 297,000. He literally has every piece of buildable furniture in the house. I am guessing he has a 300 rating with the faction. 3 weeks and this guy has that many points.

Well you both beat me. I think I'm at like 80k on my highest house =D

When I buy my 3rd I'm going to look for one that is out of the way and low points to meme with.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Twitch Rivals is New World Outpost right now. Considering very few people got to play Outpost before it was removed, might be interesting to check out if you're curious how their only BG is:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also top lols for AGS thinking this Outpost Rush Twitch Rivals thing is a good idea. It's not going to make anyone feel good about the game or AGS. In fact, quite the opposite. It's like they are totally oblivious.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
LOL. After the development this game went through you guys are SURPRISED it is ran like complete shit with total incompetence?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor
No, but am still mad. I was bitching about how fast this game would die all the way up to release. But it's a fuck ton of fun, so that makes the incompetence all the more frustrating.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what's the consensus with FoH and Vingolf? I mentioned previously thinking about switching so I'd have people to play with and you all said wait. Interestingly, I saw a Reddit post today with someone encouraging people to my server (Krocylea) because of how balanced the factions are, and one of the comments was from someone on Vingolf saying they were probably going to switch because it's such a shit show.

As far as not changing factions before switching servers, I'm confused? Wouldn't you want to do so if your friends were all in the dominate faction, so you'd actually be able to switch (assuming on your server they aren't)? And if you used the faction switch, why are you surprised it's no longer available just because you transferred servers?

Xerge

<Donor>
geforceNow Founders club finally paid off, New World was added. Plus 3080/1440p service coming this winter.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Also top lols for AGS thinking this Outpost Rush Twitch Rivals thing is a good idea. It's not going to make anyone feel good about the game or AGS. In fact, quite the opposite. It's like they are totally oblivious.
I have no clue what twitch rivals is but they are bitching about discord coms because a portion of the teams were mixed haha. good to see some "real" outpost play though when i watched for a few minutes

So what's the consensus with FoH and Vingolf? I mentioned previously thinking about switching so I'd have people to play with and you all said wait. Interestingly, I saw a Reddit post today with someone encouraging people to my server (Krocylea) because of how balanced the factions are, and one of the comments was from someone on Vingolf saying they were probably going to switch because it's such a shit show.

As far as not changing factions before switching servers, I'm confused? Wouldn't you want to do so if your friends were all in the dominate faction, so you'd actually be able to switch (assuming on your server they aren't)? And if you used the faction switch, why are you surprised it's no longer available just because you transferred servers?

Vingolf -
green zerg that is of questionable skill but with more 60s that constantly runs corruption groups (more spergs)
purple is next most populous but they seem to suck and/or not play the territory game and/or lack leadership
gold is pretty organized but doesn't have the pop but seems to win their wars & fights more often than not.

optimally i'd be on a server that sits around touching a queue every night but vingolf definitely isn't that. think its around 1400 per night.

I think now that most non-casuals are 60 the game is going to change from whatever the first few weeks were. All high level dungeons/grinds, more organized fights (if the sync BS allows it), more balance patches. hopefully they stave off completely assfucking the economy and coming up with a fix to balance or encourage balanced pops.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
All high level dungeons/grinds, more organized fights (if the sync BS allows it), more balance patches. hopefully they stave off completely assfucking the economy and coming up with a fix to balance or encourage balanced pops.
1634860141031.png

• 1Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The twitch rivals is hilarious. There's so many people terrible at pvp or the game in general. And the comms are glorious. "Quiet on comms please." And this woman won't shut the fuck up, narrating every thought she has.

Then it ends and some woman brags about 300k healing LOL. I did 600k with a green staff and no sacred/blessed and my company shat on me for it.

Then there's how buggy it was to get the war started and how slow it all moves because of it. So many lols.

What is this event?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Transfers are still down, so its kind of a moot point. But if and when they do come back up, we still have yet to see any implications. Looks like a chunk of Marauders on our server transferred before it was taken off line. Syndicated, a purple company, took back control of Brightwood yesterday. So now its 7 green, 2 yellow, 2 purple. Most of the territories green owns costs them more money to own than it makes them, from what I understand.

I just want to temper your expectations a bit about coming to the server in some type of way. Lumi, Edaw, Moon and myself, all play the game regularly (during the day time EST hours). Theres probably another 8-12 people that play in a very casual log in once for a few hours every 1-3 days. Moon isnt 60 cause he started late, but hes getting there quickly. Lumi and myself tend to be the only ones that group together fairly often in an end game capacity. Edaw just got 60 not too long ago so maybe he'll start grouping with us in that way now. Afaik, Im the only tank in the guild and we have no healers.

Basically, if you're looking to join us - more than welcome. It seems like you're 60 and Im always down to have another regular to group with. But the forum guild isnt some ultra organized mass of people in this particular game. I just dont want you to transfer to Vingolf thinking its something that its not whenever transfers do come back up.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just hit 40 last night. I only play an hour or two a day. I won't be 60 until around Thanksgiving but I plan on being full time healer at 60.

• 1Like