New World

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gems are basically worthless (unless you really just want a certain damage type).

Did they test anything in this game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I logged in to pay my housing tax and saw 2/93 online with majority not logged in for days. I joked during beta this game needed another year but that may have been generous. It became obvious at 38 that much of the mid and almost all of the end game wasn’t tested near enough, the economy in particular could not have been given less thought.

Incoming “ThE GaMe dOEsnt sTARt UnTIl 60!11!”
People own the game and it doesnt cost anything to play it, so it'll take quite some time before people just completely bow out of it. Game needs a huge amount of work getting the quality of life up, and fixing tons of buggy ass shit. But they still have 55% of its players at minimum playing on the weekends and just under 50% playing daily. Which is about the average retention for a successful MMO in the first month. The question coming is what will they do to keep players going in the second month onwards. Where the fuck is the road map promised in streams, AGS? In SL's and other expansions, more often than not, WoW lost more than half of its population in the first month for example.

New World Pop.jpg

And no, you can do 80% of the shit at end game as you can at level 30. May be different, more difficult shit, but its essentially the same thing. But a lot of the things that would make the lower levels more tolerable is simple shit like removing level restrictions from tools and similar. But thats a whole 'nother discussion.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Even before I started grinding trades, I was always 2000/2000 with scraps. Now that Im grinding out 1000's of items, I max salvage in one haul after making a few. Not the most genius system, but its pretty easy to get salvage parts nonetheless. Definitely wouldnt buy that dumb shit off the market though.

Not really directed at you Rob, but this is pretty much the reason people that enjoy the game on some premise are quitting. Everyone that actively groups with each other in their company is still playing it. But then you see people that never grouped with anyone, never talked with anyone in the company, etc. and they quit the game. Hell ya its fucking boring if you cant do half the content, much less complete elite quests as you level. You could sit and watch Recruitment for 30 minutes, or ask someone to help you and knock it out entirely in 5 minutes. Long story short, whenever transfers come up - anyone is welcome to join us on Vingolf. But it'll be pointless if you dont ever say anything or interact with any of us lol.
we'll be transferring as soon as they open up regional transfer.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
By the way, what are new players supposed to do when every town is fully upgraded and invasions are won and town boards are all empty? It'll be rough levelling all the way to 60 with 0 town boards.

• 1Salty

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
By the way, what are new players supposed to do when every town is fully upgraded and invasions are won and town boards are all empty? It'll be rough levelling all the way to 60 with 0 town boards.
Our server is not even close to beating invasions. We had a stacked group last night of all 60s with 560+ GS for most of them and the spriggans or whatever they are called wiped us all in one shot at like wave 4 of 8.

But yeah eventually all the servers will be 95% 60+, maybe they will have some noob servers open up to level in and a free transfer after? Who the fuck knows.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Gems are basically worthless (unless you really just want a certain damage type).

Did they test anything in this game?

Eh he's wrong actually. I don't think this dude understands how the gems work and what they are meant for. The benefit is the conversion of the damage. It's not supposed to give more damage at all and the +1 extra damage on the focus conversion gems is simply due to numbers being rounded up. Certain damage types are good vs certain mob types and so having a gem with a higher conversion ratio will make them better vs said targets. The only reason the intel gems are seeing an increase in damage is due to the 15% ele dmg bonus that you get with 150 intel.

Also, another benefit of these gems is to be able to use say a fire staff or ice staff with a bow/rapier etc so that despite not being specced into dex with those weapons, you'll still be able to do far more damage than you otherwise would have due to half their damage now scaling off int instead of dex.

Daidraco

Except on the weekend, invasions on most servers (medium to low most likely) lack the number of players to get to a far enough wave or even beat it. So good luck with that. Will have to revisit when people are full voidbent etc. and see how theyre going, but theyre tuned high af for 40 players of varying gear and level.
we'll be transferring as soon as they open up regional transfer.
The guild Lumi and I are in is Syndicated - something more active than just like.. the three of us 80% of the time. Pretty easy to join if you're not super casual. Hope to see you soon bro, definitively. Owns a company etc. Also Edaw Edaw , moonarchia moonarchia , friend me regardless of what you decide to do.
Eh he's wrong actually. I don't think this dude understands how the gems work and what they are meant for. The benefit is the conversion of the damage. It's not supposed to give more damage at all and the +1 extra damage on the focus conversion gems is simply due to numbers being rounded up. Certain damage types are good vs certain mob types and so having a gem with a higher conversion ratio will make them better vs said targets. The only reason the intel gems are seeing an increase in damage is due to the 15% ele dmg bonus that you get with 150 intel.

Also, another benefit of these gems is to be able to use say a fire staff or ice staff with a bow/rapier etc so that despite not being specced into dex with those weapons, you'll still be able to do far more damage than you otherwise would have due to half their damage now scaling off int instead of dex.
Thats like the conversation that the dude was talking about tonight in Mangled Heights. People are so f'n clueless and just click baity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The amber gems should be scaling damage off focus (the nature damage) in his video. They don't. They just convert a static proportion of the damage to nature.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The amber gems should be scaling damage off focus (the nature damage) in his video. They don't. They just convert a static proportion of the damage to nature.
Ah ya that's true that one gem is bugged but he was making it seem like the other gems weren't working as intended either.

Cybsled

Our server is not even close to beating invasions. We had a stacked group last night of all 60s with 560+ GS for most of them and the spriggans or whatever they are called wiped us all in one shot at like wave 4 of 8.

But yeah eventually all the servers will be 95% 60+, maybe they will have some noob servers open up to level in and a free transfer after? Who the fuck knows.

Tip for Spriggans: When they spawn, their AI is locked onto attacking the doors. Players can body block them and slow them down significantly. They will not attack players until they touch the door.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I was super busy at times this week but I haven't logged in for 4 or 5 days. I just hit 40 and my drive push past that is just not there. I don't have any desire to grind tradeskills when I know there isn't going to be any market, its cheaper to buy ore than it is to mine it, its practically being given away. All of these problems with the game and AGS seems to be in complete denial. I don't think I am quite done, but its close. I don't think I have 100 hours yet.

I expected there to be bugs but not this level of economic disfunction built into the game at the high level. Normally its the other way: Too much gold entering into the economy makes currency valueless after a while (typically years). I have never seen a game crushed by currency deflation on one side and item inflation from trade skills on the other, after just a few weeks. "My SPOON (gold sinks) is TOO big." Meanwhile, every item made by the tradeskill grind that isn't salvaged for raw materials goes right into the market. Players have to make hundreds of thousands of items and collect millions of raw materials of every tier for skill ups. If just 1% make it to market, its a deluge.

This is just broken design in a way I don't think I have seen before in a big commercial MMO. And this isn't after a patch, this is out of the box. Tough to say they will get a chance to ARR this.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just think all PvP dmg in this game is normalized. You see the same shit with the gems on the weapons as the weapons themselves. Hardly any diff between 525 faction gear, 580 quest shit, or even higher end farmed shit thats 570+.

In pve it makes a difference but not in PvP.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was super busy at times this week but I haven't logged in for 4 or 5 days. I just hit 40 and my drive push past that is just not there. I don't have any desire to grind tradeskills when I know there isn't going to be any market, its cheaper to buy ore than it is to mine it, its practically being given away. All of these problems with the game and AGS seems to be in complete denial. I don't think I am quite done, but its close. I don't think I have 100 hours yet.

I expected there to be bugs but not this level of economic disfunction built into the game at the high level. Normally its the other way: Too much gold entering into the economy makes currency valueless after a while (typically years). I have never seen a game crushed by currency deflation on one side and item inflation from trade skills on the other, after just a few weeks. "My SPOON (gold sinks) is TOO big." Meanwhile, every item made by the tradeskill grind that isn't salvaged for raw materials goes right into the market. Players have to make hundreds of thousands of items and collect millions of raw materials of every tier for skill ups. If just 1% make it to market, its a deluge.

This is just broken design in a way I don't think I have seen before in a big commercial MMO. And this isn't after a patch, this is out of the box. Tough to say they will get a chance to ARR this.
Meh, its easy to add gold into the economy. Shit they could just add in an NPC to buy your gear instead of salvaging all the shit. But its a lot harder to control gold thats out of hand to begin with.

Daidraco

When you look at crafting, that shit looks daunting af. "You need 105,984 Raw Hide" Which is absolutely insane at a harvest rate of, on average, around 45 raw hide per skinned mob. But if you use tier 5 reagents, you realize that you dont need near as many as that.

Refining raw hide into Coarse, you gain on average an additional 25% of what you refine since there is no reagent needed. Coarse Leather into Rugged Leather with a tier 5 reagent has almost a 100% bonus. So now you can cut that raw hide in HALF (roughly, you get somewhere around 99.8% return in reality). Rugged Leather into Layered Leather, tier 5 bonus is roughly 30%. So now we're down even further, and finally with Infused Leather combine, you're looking at maybe a 10% return. Remembering that each bonus is a stacked amount of raw hide, and you start to see that you're really going to end up even lower. THEN remember you're salvaging shit. Out of 1656 Infused Leather needed, you're salvaging back 207-828 of it back depending on RNG. So even if you have terrible luck, 207 back is a huge chunk of that tier 1 resource to reuse.

Im guessing towards the end of a tier in crafting, you need maybe 10k to 15k of the original 105,984. Still several hours to complete that set of levels, but no where near the massive amount it was talking about. Using anything less than tier 5 reagents may be cheaper, sure - but the amount of time you're saving by using tier 5 all the time is insane. Especially when a tier 5 reagent costs around 0.4 on Vingolf, and you collect a couple hundred on your own in one elite run.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When you look at crafting, that shit looks daunting af. "You need 105,984 Raw Hide" Which is absolutely insane at a harvest rate of, on average, around 45 raw hide per skinned mob. But if you use tier 5 reagents, you realize that you dont need near as many as that.

Refining raw hide into Coarse, you gain on average an additional 25% of what you refine since there is no reagent needed. Coarse Leather into Rugged Leather with a tier 5 reagent has almost a 100% bonus. So now you can cut that raw hide in HALF (roughly, you get somewhere around 99.8% return in reality). Rugged Leather into Layered Leather, tier 5 bonus is roughly 30%. So now we're down even further, and finally with Infused Leather combine, you're looking at maybe a 10% return. Remembering that each bonus is a stacked amount of raw hide, and you start to see that you're really going to end up even lower. THEN remember you're salvaging shit. Out of 1656 Infused Leather needed, you're salvaging back 207-828 of it back depending on RNG. So even if you have terrible luck, 207 back is a huge chunk of that tier 1 resource to reuse.

Im guessing towards the end of a tier in crafting, you need maybe 10k to 15k of the original 105,984. Still several hours to complete that set of levels, but no where near the massive amount it was talking about. Using anything less than tier 5 reagents may be cheaper, sure - but the amount of time you're saving by using tier 5 all the time is insane. Especially when a tier 5 reagent costs around 0.4 on Vingolf, and you collect a couple hundred on your own in one elite run.
...so in essense you are better off grinding to 60 and foregoing all tradeskills

So that you can then afford to buy your tools / gathering sets

So that then you can do elite farm runs to get t5 reagents

So that you can then go back to level 1 zone and farm resources

So that then you can do over what amounts to being over 200k+ combines to make items with 0 market demand, that you just salvage to start the process all over again.

After all that effort of using like 500k+ items to get to max crafting level...you then are able to craft something that is not as good as what you were getting in chest runs that you used to finance this operation in the first place.

Very rewarding game play loop here.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs not supposed to be easy. If it was each and every server would have 1000 lv200 craftsman in every profession.

100K raw is nothing to a guild of 50+ peeps funneling the resources to one dude making it happen.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
...so in essense you are better off grinding to 60 and foregoing all tradeskills

So that you can then afford to buy your tools / gathering sets

So that then you can do elite farm runs to get t5 reagents

So that you can then go back to level 1 zone and farm resources

So that then you can do over what amounts to being over 200k+ combines to make items with 0 market demand, that you just salvage to start the process all over again.

After all that effort of using like 500k+ items to get to max crafting level...you then are able to craft something that is not as good as what you were getting in chest runs that you used to finance this operation in the first place.

Very rewarding game play loop here.
I could have went with the standard firsttime.jpg, but like you , I am also bored of chopping trees. lol.

gaaaayyy.jpg

• 1Worf