New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
...so in essense you are better off grinding to 60 and foregoing all tradeskills

So that you can then afford to buy your tools / gathering sets

So that then you can do elite farm runs to get t5 reagents

So that you can then go back to level 1 zone and farm resources

So that then you can do over what amounts to being over 200k+ combines to make items with 0 market demand, that you just salvage to start the process all over again.

After all that effort of using like 500k+ items to get to max crafting level...you then are able to craft something that is not as good as what you were getting in chest runs that you used to finance this operation in the first place.

Very rewarding game play loop here.
I dont know about your server, but 560+ gear still sells pretty well on Vingolf. With all +quality gear on and food buffs, you can make 600 gear. You can even make items that will roll Legendary non-named items for the 4th perk if you're using the correct mats. All BOE and can be sold. I think Arcana is the only one that you cant max out armor quality on and roll a non named legendary. So theres your market answer. The carrot goes further, in that you can now make Voidbent gear. But if you disagree, more power to you.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The amount of fucking bugs in this game is just infuriating. So much incompetence in the coding as well. Trying to do the fucking bugged Shivering Timbers quest in Reekwater just tells you how clueless they are. It requires you to put a bomb on a broken ship on a piece of land. The bomb needs to be placed on the upper deck. Then you're meant to "defend against a pirate invasion" and pirates spawn on the lower deck.

But the problem is, because of the uneven terrain of the broken ship and the multiple decks, they just constantly reset and retreat, and that triggers the quest to spawn another mob, because it thinks nobody killed it for the quest, but it's gone. So it just spams extra mobs until there are millions.

I tried respeccing Fire/Frost to aoe it, but it doesn't matter, you can't do it. Even if you get in melee range, they reset because they are on an angle and are 0.01 meters higher than you on the deck and the coding is fucking shit.

Then I found out I've been doing 25% less damage than I should be because a perk in the Mauler Great Axe tree that is supposed to cause your heavy attacks to pull mobs closer to you INSTEAD doesn't do that at all, but merely reduces your damage done by 25%.

Fucking pathetic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Had a fucking blast last night.

So a bit of background. If any of you have been playing wars since beginning, attacking was always hard as fuck. So anyway, whatever the fuck they changed last week with patch, makes wars especially on the points makes everyone stand still and do nothing(lag/desync). Its happening to both sides but for whatever reason, the attacks became easier.

So anyway the purple are the fucking zerg faction on our server. They have this douche named Lord Arkon that every body bows down to and he basically controls all the purple and he managed to snag all the good territories withing the first few weeks and no one has been able to take it back.

So last night we had 2 wars and both he and the greens lost one territory. So we decide to push everfall (basically100K taxes per day)and bright wood (20k taxes per day))into conflict for the yellows. And holy shit That Arkon dudde must be sweating his balls off right now. We managed to snag them both and put them into war but this dude was pulling out all the stops to try and stop us. LOL they even had dudes out therr killing sheep for the PVP quewst so we would not get any.We literally had zergs of 100 deep trying to stop us from rinning those missions. But slowly and surely we did it, lol. Also every time we would see this Lord Arkon faggot he would be linsta gibbed, lol. You would literally see 20 yellows just pushing for thiis one dude, lol. I mean he knows that if he loses tese teerritories now and they fix wars or even revert them back to what they were before the last patch, it will be nearly impossible for them to take it back vs a well organized all 60 clan.

If they werre smart all they had to do is camp the 2 fucking boxes for the pvp quest with their hordes of purples and we would have never had a chance 30vs 100 lol. But all they diud was chase us around the map and camp 2 of the 4 entrances to the city. Then we would send like 2 dudes to the fort to take the point (more faction points for quests) and then they would split off a amin chunk of their force to recapture this over and over. LOL.

Oh shit, we made it to the top of reddit...lol
This was our faction(well not our clan but we had like 25 in there for the war) beating the shit out of the purples, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

The amount of fucking bugs in this game is just infuriating. So much incompetence in the coding as well. Trying to do the fucking bugged Shivering Timbers quest in Reekwater just tells you how clueless they are. It requires you to put a bomb on a broken ship on a piece of land. The bomb needs to be placed on the upper deck. Then you're meant to "defend against a pirate invasion" and pirates spawn on the lower deck.

But the problem is, because of the uneven terrain of the broken ship and the multiple decks, they just constantly reset and retreat, and that triggers the quest to spawn another mob, because it thinks nobody killed it for the quest, but it's gone. So it just spams extra mobs until there are millions.

I tried respeccing Fire/Frost to aoe it, but it doesn't matter, you can't do it. Even if you get in melee range, they reset because they are on an angle and are 0.01 meters higher than you on the deck and the coding is fucking shit.

Then I found out I've been doing 25% less damage than I should be because a perk in the Mauler Great Axe tree that is supposed to cause your heavy attacks to pull mobs closer to you INSTEAD doesn't do that at all, but merely reduces your damage done by 25%.

Fucking pathetic.

That quest is f'n retarded. But off the side of the ship, you can kill the mobs that are standing on the platform closest to the water and it will complete it. Dumb? Most f'n definitely. But theres your work around.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit, we made it to the top of reddit...lol
This was our faction(well not our clan but we had like 25 in there for the war) beating the shit out of the purples, lol.

That lag sucks. it's even more jarring because typically the game runs awesome (ymmv). not sure what they can do with it, if anything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That lag sucks. it's even more jarring because typically the game runs awesome (ymmv). not sure what they can do with it, if anything.
I think its more of a desync issue since on my end I see people jsut standing there while im still able to move swing and cast abilities. I hope they fix this shit because everyone is crying "exploit". But wtf are we supposed to do? Not use abilities in war? Not stand on points?

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am beginning to question if this is everyone's first MMO??? When has an MMO ever released and been perfectly polished from beginning to end within a month of release?

• 1Truth!
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Imo they should change to be like 3 Separate 20v20s and have whoever wins the majority win the war. Supposedly even the outpost rushes are laggy tho so idk but 40 has to be way less laggy than 100.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the current nature of gems, which ones are people running with in the armor slot if a tank?

Daidraco

Wilderness Ward for tank, which I think... is diamond? Physical reduction with a small amount of elemental reduction. You'll notice a pretty big difference when anything hits you.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Can I get a hook up on the new guild also? I'm slowly plucking away to 60. Just need people to group with

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am beginning to question if this is everyone's first MMO??? When has an MMO ever released and been perfectly polished from beginning to end within a month of release?
Yeah, I'm upset because my oatmeal's not warm enough in the morning. /rolleyes

Let me ask you this: Is this *your* first launch, Capt. Optimism? You think if they don't think the economy is super broken, tons of bugs they don't think are happening, and all the other shit that is wrong that they are going to be able to fix it in any kind of timely manner? It's going wrong and its going wrong right now. New game goodwill will only go so far, and once people have hit max level, the clock starts to tick. With the way people are hitting max level en masse, it feels less like lots of latter-day PVE MMOs and more like WAR and RIFT. PvP will not sustain games overly long. AGS is starting out on seemingly on a poor note.

Look, I have enjoyed the game, I like the game, part of my frustration with the game is it sucks to see them squander their chance, because in two months when the new has worn off and the servers are ghost towns and they can't beg or borrow players, everyone at AGS will wonder WTF happened.

Maybe I am wrong and things are just fine. Maybe that's not the clock ticking and just bongos. Here's to a hale and fine game, then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the big issue with this game is it isn't "perfectly polished"

Roflmao

Daidraco

Can I get a hook up on the new guild also? I'm slowly plucking away to 60. Just need people to group with
Friend request me, or msg me when you get online. Ill get approval for you and Blood when the guy comes online.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user