New World

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I have said for a while, the game was really never going to last. Iirc they turned the game into the current themepark mmo with territory control only 2 years ago. There was no way they were going to be ready and with enough to do in that time frame. Imo they knew they wouldn't last and figured best get as much box sales as possible. Its still worth the 40 bucks and hours you get from it, but a long term game was very very unlikely. Now if they had developed this type of game from the start? We would probably be having a completely different conversation.

It would be an interesting view point to see which would of done better, financially. This current version or the original conan exiles type survival game they ran with for the first couple of years.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
The foundation is there 110%. you have salty boys bitching about the most minor of inconveniences. I've had very few bugs in my experience other than random pathing issues or quick respawns. I literally don't understand how you can view this game from a first time studio as anything but a success. They fucked up the servers early on but nothing you can do about that now. They had too few early then released too many too late.

The economy situation is somewhat concerning but all invasions downgraded the fuck out of every town early on for the first few weeks, major gold sink. On my server, not an issue. T3+ mats are easy money for no time investment. Not sure what games where you can do "end game" stuff and die repeatedly and make money? for those bitching about that. I understand the macro aspect but that relates to other items....

-fix/enable outpost rush (for variety and easy coin/azoth)
-lots of seemingly basic shit is not working on abilities (x talent should increase y ability by +z%)
-various simple UI bugs need to be fixed(showing correct tiers on map, announcing downgrades from invasions when zoning, various other shit that should take an hour to fix)
-fix desync in PvP (maybe largest and most complex issue)
-better chat, better ui customization

This is from someone who doesn't like playing DDR in raids with 39 other people anymore and enjoys small group pvp. I don't see any MMO i'd play over this one right now, but not sure if that says more about me or the only two other MMOs that have been out forever.

EDIT: i don't know why amazon doesn't just throw a couple hundred k at this shit and fix all the bugs on the front pages of reddit and good to go

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
Tough to say they will get a chance to ARR this.
This is fucking wack. Just because ARR saved FF14 doesn't make ARR good. ARR was still trash by MMO standards, it just happen to meet bare min. NW and ARR 2.0 are about equal to me. And yeah ive done ARR pre condensed twice. FF 2.0 >ninja patch was still fucking aids.

Ppl need to stop with this FF14 is the holy grail. 2.0 was literal trash that was sprayed with febreeze. Fuck sakes FF14 was more of a running sim. than new world is.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
As I have said for a while, the game was really never going to last. Iirc they turned the game into the current themepark mmo with territory control only 2 years ago. There was no way they were going to be ready and with enough to do in that time frame. Imo they knew they wouldn't last and figured best get as much box sales as possible. Its still worth the 40 bucks and hours you get from it, but a long term game was very very unlikely. Now if they had developed this type of game from the start? We would probably be having a completely different conversation.

It would be an interesting view point to see which would of done better, financially. This current version or the original conan exiles type survival game they ran with for the first couple of years.
You're fucking wrong lol. The game will last last fine and be profitable long term. Wtf.

• 1Picard
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The only thing good about FFXIV is the major encounters, primals, raids, etc. The storyline structure is straight up ass and the voice acting, which feels like 900 hours of dialogue, is grating. Unlimited and unnecessary exposition. It gets extra points for being the best control scheme for a gamepad.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is fucking wack. Just because ARR saved FF14 doesn't make ARR good. ARR was still trash by MMO standards, it just happen to meet bare min. NW and ARR 2.0 are about equal to me. And yeah ive done ARR pre condensed twice. FF 2.0 >ninja patch was still fucking aids.

Ppl need to stop with this FF14 is the holy grail. 2.0 was literal trash that was sprayed with febreeze. Fuck sakes FF14 was more of a running sim. than new world is.
No one said it was good, it just saved FF14 from the hunk of junk of that was 1.0; that's it. Barely breathing and fighting chance is better than dead. And believe me, NW is cruising for WAR levels of dead sooner rather than later. What will be NW's second chance? There is no dress up, there is no econ to make tradeskilling worthwhile, there is no SINGLE reason in the world to make an alt (and ton of reasons not to do so); there is only the gear grind from 520->600. Its what, week 5?

And there is nothing wrong with the running in either game. It's like no one made from the run from Qeynos -> Freeport. Fuck THAT run. I was Fast traveling to buy stuff in NW just to burn azoth when I was about to max out at least once a day.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The foundation is there 110%. you have salty boys bitching about the most minor of inconveniences. I've had very few bugs in my experience other than random pathing issues or quick respawns. I literally don't understand how you can view this game from a first time studio as anything but a success. They fucked up the servers early on but nothing you can do about that now. They had too few early then released too many too late.

The economy situation is somewhat concerning but all invasions downgraded the fuck out of every town early on for the first few weeks, major gold sink. On my server, not an issue. T3+ mats are easy money for no time investment. Not sure what games where you can do "end game" stuff and die repeatedly and make money? for those bitching about that. I understand the macro aspect but that relates to other items....

-fix/enable outpost rush (for variety and easy coin/azoth)
-lots of seemingly basic shit is not working on abilities (x talent should increase y ability by +z%)
-various simple UI bugs need to be fixed(showing correct tiers on map, announcing downgrades from invasions when zoning, various other shit that should take an hour to fix)
-fix desync in PvP (maybe largest and most complex issue)
-better chat, better ui customization

This is from someone who doesn't like playing DDR in raids with 39 other people anymore and enjoys small group pvp. I don't see any MMO i'd play over this one right now, but not sure if that says more about me or the only two other MMOs that have been out forever.

EDIT: i don't know why amazon doesn't just throw a couple hundred k at this shit and fix all the bugs on the front pages of reddit and good to go
You're a fucking idiot. There are way, way more than minor inconveniences causing issues for the vast majority of the playerbase. The meta has evolved into working around them, but they're there. I still can't fucking buy half my faction gear because my tokens are capped at 25k. I lost my entire shed. I was doing 25% less damage for no reason, because of a broken perk. People couldn't play for a week when they died in outpost rush. Half of end game is still disabled. The list goes on.

But yes fuckface, the foundations are there and the game is a fuck ton of fun. I hope it does last a very long time. People like you are the worst though, you're the reason standards continue to drop and we get releases like this.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Swipe a map icon repeatedly.
1635216952982.png

• 2Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
People like you are the worst though, you're the reason standards continue to drop and we get releases like this.
People like you are even worse tbh. People quote FF14 ARR like it's a golden egg yet the even the developers them selves were oblivious to what players wanted and released 1.0 to the public. Fuck off, don't be hating other players for your shit tier experience.

Edit; Maybe if people like you would cry more the industry would listen. Do you have afucking blog?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
You're a fucking idiot. There are way, way more than minor inconveniences causing issues for the vast majority of the playerbase. The meta has evolved into working around them, but they're there. I still can't fucking buy half my faction gear because my tokens are capped at 25k. I lost my entire shed. I was doing 25% less damage for no reason, because of a broken perk. People couldn't play for a week when they died in outpost rush. Half of end game is still disabled. The list goes on.

But yes fuckface, the foundations are there and the game is a fuck ton of fun. I hope it does last a very long time. People like you are the worst though, you're the reason standards continue to drop and we get releases like this.
What releases? I heard of NW like two months before release because they had zero pub. The game came out of nowhere and you just sweated it out for a month and shit on it as you play 50hrs+ a week. engine is great, i had no server or queue issues, no server wide shutdowns at release or extended maintenance, no game breaking bugs while leveling. the few real exploits were fixed within a day. the first "gold dupe" was 3 weeks after release and no lasting impact and amazon addressed it all specifically. let me know some other games where none of that happened. all the shit you are mentioning is such an exageration. yes some perks are broken for sure, as i said, need to be fixed. these bugs affecting 5 people total? gtfo

most are comparing the game to 10+ year old games content and QA wise with two of the largest names in gaming history. (square & blizzard)

I can't imagine the poor soul who stops playing this to go play wow retail, classic, or ff14 relics. would rather farm rabbits all day than play those tired ass games. if there isn't anything more fun than i mean that's the deal

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're fucking wrong lol. The game will last last fine and be profitable long term. Wtf.

This when you know you are a blind fanboy. If you look at pure statistics your statement is laughable. At least be somewhat logical. But to make a point blank statement that you are 100% sure the game will "last fine" and "Be profitable long term" is hilarious. Not even a "possible" or "has a good chance" but just pure cheerleading. I mean come on bro. Not even hiding it. Didn't you used to simp for ESO just has hard? Seemed to have moved on from that. This isn't a marriage or your family you are defending, its a fucking video game, I think you need to learn to disconnect from what you play.

Nothing I said was wrong. I mean if you do any kind of research you know what type of game this started as. You also know they changed it constantly and its current form is basically in mid development when looking at other games of this type. If you honestly think 2 years is enough to develop a full fledged mmo with pvp/territory control tacked on, you are crazy. This type game of game should take 4 years easily, but it was changed completely since the start and if you deny that has a negative impact on the release product, you are delusional. I'll even amend my above statement so your ovaries dont explode when I disparage your game again. I think this has a " 75% chance of not lasting long term because of mismanagement during development". The 25% is for the miracle AGS turns into content and patch machines that you almost never see in gaming.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm upset because my oatmeal's not warm enough in the morning. /rolleyes

Let me ask you this: Is this *your* first launch, Capt. Optimism? You think if they don't think the economy is super broken, tons of bugs they don't think are happening, and all the other shit that is wrong that they are going to be able to fix it in any kind of timely manner? It's going wrong and its going wrong right now. New game goodwill will only go so far, and once people have hit max level, the clock starts to tick. With the way people are hitting max level en masse, it feels less like lots of latter-day PVE MMOs and more like WAR and RIFT. PvP will not sustain games overly long. AGS is starting out on seemingly on a poor note.

Look, I have enjoyed the game, I like the game, part of my frustration with the game is it sucks to see them squander their chance, because in two months when the new has worn off and the servers are ghost towns and they can't beg or borrow players, everyone at AGS will wonder WTF happened.

Maybe I am wrong and things are just fine. Maybe that's not the clock ticking and just bongos. Here's to a hale and fine game, then.

I'm not 100% doom and gloom yet, they can still turn it around (lol). Rift is a good comparison, but picture PvPing in Rift only now it costs you 10% of your meager gold stash to repair every time you die. Making gear in your inventory break too was a god awful change from beta. So much for gathering gear sets, or other builds! This is also the main reason nobody flags anymore, it's yet another gold sink with near 0 rewards.

I'm keeping an eye on patch notes and changes, but until I see things like real fixes to the economy and gold sinks, broken perks, etc, I'll be here on the sidelines :p

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't think anybody is saying the game doesn't have the foundation to be a good MMO - the engine, combat, sound design and game world are all A+.

The gameplay loop though is not sustainable and will not keep people logging on very long. In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that of the players that started at launch, less than 50% will hit level 60. I don't mean by some arbitrary date, I mean ever, or at least until something gets "fixed" in this game. The notion that it's just a few things they need to shore up, is frankly absurd. There's copium and delusion and this game has a fundamental design issue that's preventing it from being great. It's not "bugs".

What AGS did do right though, imo, was make the barrier to entry really accessible ($40 is a bargain, in spite of the issues) and no monthly sub fee. A TON of people got a taste for the game and can just wait to see what AGS does to improve the game and that's pretty clever actually because the first 30-40 levels are really pretty great.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No patch today? I thought they would be doing bug fixes every week until they ironed most of them out. I guess even that is slowing down.

• 2Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am avoiding any gold expenditures as much as possible while raising skills to 200. Once you finish collecting full +2 craft pieces and T5 recipes then the busy work runs out.

The more they fix watermark activities the faster people hit a brick wall. Craft or grind for Diablo loot looking for right affixes so you can get 600 and... use it on what? for what?

• 1Like

Cybsled

I ran pvp faction missions in reekwater last night. That’s why you always see RW flip to war but no one declares - no one wants the zone, they just want those sweet sweet faction tokens. Over 5k per run, takes maybe 15 minutes per loop, if that. Almost a have a full set of alchemist armor now.

Protip: if you have the verdant hunter Twitch drop for the hat, transmog your hat into that and it avoids most of the shitty clipping issues with the hood on that set

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I picked the perfect game to get banned in. Drunk gaming weekend starts again this weekend - what's everyone doing Saturday? Lets go out with a bang.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have any of you sweaty nerds finished a void bent set?
They should just force pvp at high level zones. The amount of back and forth training mobs at orichalcum veins is ludicrous , and with full mining luck gear and a trophy not a single void ore here.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I had this pre-ordered since it was first available. However as it is now I'm more happy with my choice to cancel before release. As I'm not big on pvp anymore this doesn't hold much appeal. I really wish they hadn't pushed back Lost Ark.

• 1Like