New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if that stat was not broken on gear voidbent and faction will still win because of the 20 something % crit reduction which is still huge. Why would you pick anything else? as for other craftables im sure there are better but some need to be self crafted and bop or require bigger grinds.
Dont get me wrong, Voidbent gear is nice and is "up there." But since you're specifically talking about PVP - how much is that Luck attribute really helping you out in any of those scenarios? You could replace all those spots that lucks taking up with 5 other perks that are much better suited to your playstyle/PVP. Then take into account that you can achieve a good 300-400 more physical or elemental protection by going with crafted pieces. Then the people that would rather have Heavy armor with a different stat other than constitution.

So imagine a Heavy set that gives you Gems in all pieces, Resilient, Invigorated, and Freedom with an additional 300 protection, overall? The Legendary tag is just a tier to denote 3 perks and a gem slot, and the crafted "generic" legendaries are BoE. So you dont have to even grind out armoring, or any trade for that matter, to get them. If anything, the BoP tag that some Named Legendary pieces have has no place in this game because more often than not, they are trash compared to a "god roll." Are they going to be expensive? of course. But Voidbent gear isnt cheap either. Void Ore is going for 8-11k on Vingolf on average. Then each piece of Runic Leather at 300-350 per, Phoenixweave at 350-400 per, and Asmodeum for 400-550 per. Thats not even including all the f'n motes for energy cores, the void essences, Tolvium and Cinnabar.

At least you have the "option" to grind out that shit instead of paying for it all, but if you dont want to craft and do trades - you can just buy it. But thats a lottt of invasions, outpost rush, dungeon runs and whatever else makes gold for a non crafter.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
People been using up their orbs for Genesis for the hammer quest basically a 570 that applies rend on shockwave which is op as fuck in wars.

I dont really think people care for the 591+ BS because at that point you can just craft the 600 gear, or have them crafted for you lol. Like the voidbent set which is probably better for PVP than any dropped random shit you gonna get.

Also tried a few matches of the outpost rush and its ok I guess. Still they need to fix the rewards. I got 3 greens both times, like a 100 golds and some azoth. Its cool and all but for thr 45 min match IMO its not worth. One eliete run like we do every night wil net you far better than that plus a chance to score some really good schematics, rare ass crafting mats and tons of equipment to sell on the market that gives you way more cash then OP rush. I guess its ok if youre bored with nothing to do.
don't you have to have three houses with 5 trophies in each to craft the 600 gear + the other shit?

Malakriss

don't you have to have three houses with 5 trophies in each to craft the 600 gear + the other shit?
Depends on the base level of the craft, if you're using all the top level cooldown materials for jewelry you will be about 565 on the maximum until you add +15 from gear and +15 from food ending with a RNG window around 585-595. Trophies and town buffs can push the maximum to 600 but it is still RNG whether you get a 590 or a 600 on the final craft, on which you could only set a single craft mod to guarantee one perk so the main stats and other affixes (aside from a socket) are entirely random.

Crafting something like voidbent that is guaranteed 600 takes all that out of the equation but if you want something "perfect" you're playing Diablo 3 loot drops with your crafts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rerolled on Valhalla which is the only self proclaimed "pvp" server and my 2 buddies are on there. Not only that but Purple on Vingolf is aids.

Having much more fun, only thing that blows is queues again. Usually at least 300-600 queue at all times.

Went life staff/spear and its glorious. Beacon opener, javelin > knkckdown>skewer>sweep (has grit) into coupe degrace attack really sets the tone. Dodging then light attack after that action has been dominant for me (lvl28).

I shitted on a lvl 37 hammer dude quite easily at lvl 23 and have been having a blast. Life staff plus anything seems like the right move.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone have a good way to increase your jewelry watermark? I was told the bop boss specific drops (which is the only jewelry I ever see) does NOT increase your watermark , and that seems right because after getting numerous jewelry drops from those bosses in myrk and scorched mines I am still only dropping 500 jewelry.
I have never had a Boe jewelry piece drop. Just unlucky or something I’m missing??

Daidraco

Rerolled on Valhalla which is the only self proclaimed "pvp" server and my 2 buddies are on there. Not only that but Purple on Vingolf is aids.

Having much more fun, only thing that blows is queues again. Usually at least 300-600 queue at all times.

Went life staff/spear and its glorious. Beacon opener, javelin > knkckdown>skewer>sweep (has grit) into coupe degrace attack really sets the tone. Dodging then light attack after that action has been dominant for me (lvl28).

I shitted on a lvl 37 hammer dude quite easily at lvl 23 and have been having a blast. Life staff plus anything seems like the right move.
Hey, as long as you're enjoying the game - thats all that matters.
Someone have a good way to increase your jewelry watermark? I was told the bop boss specific drops (which is the only jewelry I ever see) does NOT increase your watermark , and that seems right because after getting numerous jewelry drops from those bosses in myrk and scorched mines I am still only dropping 500 jewelry.
I have never had a Boe jewelry piece drop. Just unlucky or something I’m missing??
I was under the assumption that the jewelry drops from Expeditions was the easy way to fast forward that stuff. But Ive replaced all of my jewelry with crafted stuff at this point, so I havent really been looking for it.

Malakriss

The specific bosses in Myrkgard that rarely drop some jewelry can raise your watermark but those slots are always slower than armor/weapons which can drop from any boss and chests.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what's the meta for PVP? I've just started it for the first time since release, doing the Outpost Rush (which I'm enjoying). But I'm life staff and hatchet, and it doesn't seem ideal.

Jozu

Life staff and spear, life staff and sword, bow and sword, 2h axe and bow

Hell life staff plus anything, or bow plus most. I never tried Hatchet, but doesnt it have hp regen? Life staff probably redundant.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
PVP meta is great axe/hammer, lifestaff/sword, spear/bow, fire/ice, life/ice, and axe/hatchet. The lifestaff/x shit is mostly for open world soloers just trying to stay alive. In War you'll see more of what I listed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
hammers lol for the stuns

I usually run hammer/ga or hatchet

Hammer and Ga is just a good all around PvP spec.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they'd retune the respec cost. I'd like to try a DPS build and drop life staff for a while, but it's so painful.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Con build with GA and Hammer is just funny in most situations Ive been in with Wars and the few games of OR Ive played.
I wish they'd retune the respec cost. I'd like to try a DPS build and drop life staff for a while, but it's so painful.
It becomes negligible at some point. I will say that a lot of people are complaining about Fire and Ice both being buggy af right now in PVP and PVE, just as a heads up.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
i mean most people are heavy with GA or hammer and either hatchet or life staff. there hasn't been a reason to wear light armor really. mage build is super popular in wars. the sucky suck GA combined with heavy armor is what the most popular bad person build is. there are a lot of fun builds with pretty much every weapon if you aren't bad.

game is pretty different if you are talking about what's useful in 1v1 or small group vs what people play in wars etc

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It becomes negligible at some point. I will say that a lot of people are complaining about Fire and Ice both being buggy af right now in PVP and PVE, just as a heads up.

With Outpost Rush working, we now have at least *some* gold coming back, but concur that respec cost is still too damn high.

Fire and Ice has been super buggy since they fixed the ducking in heal circle thing. AEs in general seem iffy at best.

Xevy

Log Wizard
game is pretty different if you are talking about what's useful in 1v1 or small group vs what people play in wars etc
This. I play bow/spear and 1v1 I can annoy you and maybe kill you if I engage, but I'm not beating a lot of specs because I basically have one weapon. The bow is a no-go outside of openers in a 1v1 situation. But I use it to slow people down and protect backline/healers in group PVP where it comes in very handy. Fuck people up running away/rushing towards us, then get in there and make those fuckers play Twister for 10 seconds on the ground while other DPS can peel and burn them.

Daidraco

With Outpost Rush working, we now have at least *some* gold coming back, but concur that respec cost is still too damn high.

Fire and Ice has been super buggy since they fixed the ducking in heal circle thing. AEs in general seem iffy at best.
They sent out a survey about what people would change within the game and Im sure every person, casual, sweaty nerd and everyone in between, put down gold intake and some iteration of travel. Outpost Rush is only a bandaid on the problem. Besides, the current map allows people to jump over the wall before the timer on it starts and be standing on mid before the gates have even came up for the quick capture.

This. I play bow/spear and 1v1 I can annoy you and maybe kill you if I engage, but I'm not beating a lot of specs because I basically have one weapon. The bow is a no-go outside of openers in a 1v1 situation. But I use it to slow people down and protect backline/healers in group PVP where it comes in very handy. Fuck people up running away/rushing towards us, then get in there and make those fuckers play Twister for 10 seconds on the ground while other DPS can peel and burn them.
I think the meta is going to change a bit when Resilient gets fixed. An additional 24% white damage on someone in full voidbent, with crits scaling off that base damage even after the 24% crit reduction is going to take those weapons up a notch or two at least. Pair that with a well timed Rend, or perks that scale off full health or <30% health and a headshot is going to f'n HURT.

Jozu

Spear is overlooked.

opener knockdown, sweep has grit with knockdown followed by 125% weapon attack. If you have rend on javelin and weakness on skewer you can really fuck someone up on your first burst of cooldowns. Then if you get aggressive maneuvers or whatever if its called your cooldowns refresh faster after a dodge, as well as light attacks.

Jozu

The thing I love about this game is that each weapon build can somewhat combine with another and playing the different styles and leveling them up is fun. I know you cant really do much with alts but dont be afraid to make a new character and experiment or train up new weapons.