New World

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
lol yup! Edited my post to add that.

Some fixes in the notes, but what's the over/under on Outpost Rush lasting more than 2 hrs?
If it doesn't stay up for at least 24hours before its broken then they just need to disable it. and remove all mention of it from the game and website haha

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
People are saying there is a bug with the new patch where if an auction completes and you aren't online, you don't get the money.

This is a clever way to remove coin from a game with out of control inflation. :emoji_upside_down:

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The auction house still pays you, but instead of funds going directly to you, it resides at the auction house until you visit it.

Last edited:

Daidraco

I would imagine that they are systematically going through each and every process thats handled client side, and instead of making a huge change in how the server works with the client - they're changing everything to have checks and balances in the most simplistic, least time consuming way.

• 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I would imagine that they are systematically going through each and every process thats handled client side, and instead of making a huge change in how the server works with the client - they're changing everything to have checks and balances in the most simplistic, least time consuming way.
Tell me you know you're fucked without actually telling me you know you're fucked.

I think this has to be a design decision from when the game was a survival horror Valheim game and no one went back and revisited it. Hearing that its client side authoritative though has got to be the Horn blowing the call to Ragnarok.

I went back and played some more last night, after letting the aggravation burn off, I guess. Its still a great game its core. I found some great quests in Weaver's Fen that were designed well and didn't suck. Game is super beautiful, lumberyard is amazing. Whoever let it go live with its current software design is new to game design and needs help. This will be years in the fixing, if all of their other issues are any indication.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That they are somehow incompetent enough to design an MMO in that way is telling in and of itself. Frankly, it should be the deathknell of the game as the game is today but people are dumb af so who knows. Josh did a follow up to that original video I linked that signals it is in all likelihood CSA:

• 1Worf

Cybsled

New bug: apparently you can animation cancel during berserk and keep a perma 30% run speed lolllllllll

People are also reporting their house ownership being deleted

What the fuck kind of QA are they doing?

Malakriss

"None" is always the answer. Takes them long enough to code a patch they don't have time to test for side effects.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
New bug: apparently you can animation cancel during berserk and keep a perma 30% run speed lolllllllll

The longer they take to close the game, the worse this will get as people keep finding new exploits. None of it is a surprise knowing the game is CSA, and the exploits will continue to ramp up and affect the game in bigger, more game breaking ways. I feel pity for those that spent money on the cash shop already lol

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ugh this is reminiscent of Elder Scrolls Online. Upfront it's a fun game, but riddled with game breaking bugs as you get into the meat of the game.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Take the jab patch and like it!!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed, logged in after a long break and just ran a bunch of Great Cleave PvP missions with a constant 30% runspeed buff. It also has a 15% damage increase, but I'm not going to ruin someone's day and gank with this cheese on.

I'm now watching this kind of like Another Life TV show, just to see how bad this gets.

Gets worse apparently: TL;DR: if you crouch in sacred ground, you get a heal tick instantly. Good luck killing anyone in wars / skirmishes today lol :

• 3Worf
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is absolutely ridiculous at this point in the games life. Going on record by saying this game is going to be near death by Xmas (if not sooner). Subsequently it will take another year before these game breaking bugs are fixed properly.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem is everyone cries wolf about everything these days so sometimes it’s hard to sell when something is just ‘baseline new mmo’ busted or unheard levels of broken. This game is definitely the latter. I would actually play the hell out of the game if they did a relaunch, even though the leveling is a grind I just enjoy the gameplay systems a lot , the world is amazing, there’s huge potential with the amount of open world pve group content they have (such a rare thing to find these days).

But the game desperately needs a relaunch. At the very least some fresh start servers, but honestly an arr type relaunch would have a better chance of salvaging the game

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I gave this game an honest shot, but this shit is looking really grim given the amount of regression with each patch.

This not lasting past Christmas sounds about right for me given where I’m at in the game now and where I see it going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see the game's bugs being the deathknell you all are claiming. Lots of games have crappy launches and have been fixed, now they are popular. Elder Scrolls, FFXIV, No Man's Sky etc.

But it is a bit of a boring grindfest. If it fails, that would be my reason.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't see the game's bugs being the deathknell you all are claiming. Lots of games have crappy launches and have been fixed, now they are popular. Elder Scrolls, FFXIV, No Man's Sky etc.
Those other titles didn't really have a "plan B" or fallback game, so they had to reinvent themselves. I doubt AGS is even going to give a fuck about "fixing" the game once the cash cow of Lost Ark launches.

• 1Like