New World

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think the dev team was made out of intern programmers who flunked out of basic math. I have 0 confidence in most mechanics, and the hidden luck stuff is one of them. Hell, they even screwed up the fishing quest line: Quest completes when you get 100 skill in fishing, except the math is wrong there too, and you have to get 101 to get credit lol. I got a nice 600 GS fishin pole by finishing it, with sweet bonuses. I don't think those worked either, because when I switched to it, the fish quality was slightly lower (less rares, smaller fish), but it was only a sample size of 200, so not scientific by any means. /shrug
All of the client-authoritative programming that went into this piece of garbage should have been everyone's first clue that the devs have ZERO idea how to build a modern MMO. But everything else you mentioned is solidly on point.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I remember somebody posting a data mine of some of the new stuff they're supposed to be releasing soon. Unfortunately the link didn't work.

I was just wondering what the three new weapons are supposed to be? I know one is the void gauntlet but I don't know what the other two are.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I remember somebody posting a data mine of some of the new stuff they're supposed to be releasing soon. Unfortunately the link didn't work.

I was just wondering what the three new weapons are supposed to be? I know one is the void gauntlet but I don't know what the other two are.
Blunderbuss. I think it was a str ranged.

All of the client-authoritative programming that went into this piece of garbage should have been everyone's first clue that the devs have ZERO idea how to build a modern MMO. But everything else you mentioned is solidly on point.
Bunch of software nerds working in websites and shit that don't play video games. It's pretty mind blowing how clueless they are to MMORPGs. Like the fact that my entire shed was lost to glitch that wasn't my fault whatsoever and I never got it back. In 25 years of MMORPGs I have never ever lost an item and been ignored so thoroughly by CS. They always get your item back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I knew exactly where to look and the thread is deleted. Looked for other threads from data mined stuff and theyre deleted. If its not on a main stream website or video, its gone. Kind of odd that they would delete that stuff on their forum, but w/e.

But in reality, you cant go by any of the strings that were data mined. There are strings in the current client for great swords - but they just arent accessible in any capacity except to NPC's. Hell, horse food, saddles etc. were data mined too - so does that mean those are coming?

I personally care more about getting a god damn mount at this point than anything. So sick and tired of hearing people scream that they dont want mounts in the game and theyre level 20 or some shit. Get the fuck out of here, your opinion means fuck all cause you've barely played the game. Its like all the twitter cunts controlling WoW's direction and they dont, or barely, play the game. Like gettttt the fuck out. Im in the end game, I have all the bonuses and port paths and guess the fuck what - I still dont want to fucking walk 10 minutes. Fucking people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also, the fact that they were not ready to merge servers immediately is also baffling. Why are they self sabotaging so severely? I guess we really do live in an era of pump and dump. So many players are going to leave forever because they are stuck on a dying server. This game relies heavily on a healthy, balanced population, but not too overpopulated with huge queues and no nodes to gather. It's almost impossible to thread and the only way to do it is with aggressive mergers, and even that sucks because somebody is going to lose their towns.

Had they been dropping huge patches every week like they should have been, and had mergers ready from the start, I don't think they'd have lost half of what they've already lost. And they're just going to keep losing more. You have to really love this game for some strange reason (I do still, and I have no idea why, there's just something about it, but I can see why so many don't) to stick around for all this bullshit and lack of content. Then you have to be on a good server and with a good faction. There's way too many stressers that just make you say "eh, fuck it, I'm done."

Oh another "lol they have ZERO mmorpg experience" is the Well Guardian quest. Like, are they actually that retarded?

Like, they aren't even selling that much on the cash shop? What the actual fuck is going on?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Also, the fact that they were not ready to merge servers immediately is also baffling. Why are they self sabotaging so severely? I guess we really do live in an era of pump and dump. So many players are going to leave forever because they are stuck on a dying server. This game relies heavily on a healthy, balanced population, but not too overpopulated with huge queues and no nodes to gather. It's almost impossible to thread and the only way to do it is with aggressive mergers, and even that sucks because somebody is going to lose their towns.

Had they been dropping huge patches every week like they should have been, and had mergers ready from the start, I don't think they'd have lost half of what they've already lost. And they're just going to keep losing more. You have to really love this game for some strange reason (I do still, and I have no idea why, there's just something about it, but I can see why so many don't) to stick around for all this bullshit and lack of content. Then you have to be on a good server and with a good faction. There's way too many stressers that just make you say "eh, fuck it, I'm done."

Like, they aren't even selling that much on the cash shop? What the actual fuck is going on?
There were teasers of armor sets in old trailers that looked.. well, most looked questionable at best, but there was a couple that looked really good. Where the fk are all of those? If theyre going to do seasonal / holiday, I would understand that with the FOMO purchases - but there should be more that are base line regardless.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There were teasers of armor sets in old trailers that looked.. well, most looked questionable at best, but there was a couple that looked really good. Where the fk are all of those? If theyre going to do seasonal / holiday, I would understand that with the FOMO purchases - but there should be more that are base line regardless.
It must be some kind of Amazon conspiracy because I can't comprehend any other explanation for Amazon throwing free money away. Like, all the people that already quit would have still spent a few million? before doing so if the cash shop had a way bigger/better selection at launch. So wtf?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Oh another "lol they have ZERO mmorpg experience" is the Well Guardian quest. Like, are they actually that retarded?

This actually made me think about their 30 day delay. Based on the patches they've done in a month, my guess is they basically fixed fuck all in that month. They just don't have the talent or maybe direction to get anything meaningful done.

It also probably speaks to why it was in development so long. It's really kind of sad in retrospect.

Daidraco

This actually made me think about their 30 day delay. Based on the patches they've done in a month, my guess is they basically fixed fuck all in that month. They just don't have the talent or maybe direction to get anything meaningful done.

It also probably speaks to why it was in development so long. It's really kind of sad in retrospect.
With how many design changes and the over arching problems of the engine changing at some point in development and more, its a miracle this game even came out in my opinion. I feel like it suffers from not only poor management, but poor talent as well. Eventually the game will find its groove if it continues to have support from Amazon, and all the players can do is hope that they find it sooner rather than later. With everything this game went through to get to this point, it would have crushed less funded companies.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They don't know how to hire. It's what separates a successful corp from one that isn't.

No VC firm would ever invest in AGS if they were looking for capital for that reason alone. The human resources dept at EA and Activision is lightyears ahead of AGS.

It's not just about devs, but more about tasking. They don't have pipeline. There is no way to get QOL, fixes, or changes into the game because pipeline isn't AAA standard as it comes with EA or Activision.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How are they stuck with free transfers available?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
How are they stuck with free transfers available?
You think 1 transfer solves that lol? Plenty of people couldn't play on the server they wanted at launch, because they were full or had a 7 hour queue, so they made one elsewhere, or their friends did. And then they transferred 2 weeks ago when the game was still somewhat alive. Then entire guilds/factions transferred off or on and changed everything again, and now they don't have a transfer token.

We're having that huge issue on our server. It is populated, but Covenant got squashed. So 2 guilds are transferring off, but another 2 can't because they have friends that already transferred to the first server. So now it's splitting an already weak faction in half. People will quit when they are stuck on a server they have no chance of doing anything in, be that PvP, 5 hour queue, or no workstations because invasions are rampaging through the lands with nobody to stop them or re upgrade.

A huge portion of servers don't even have any t5 stations anymore.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Well Guardian is very poorly designed to be sure

1) Difficulty that does not match the level you get the quest at (50, but thing is like level 60 elite difficulty essentially)
2) Gated area that only people on the quest can enter. My understanding is they changed it so people who did the quest can now zone in?
3) Small dark cave with lots of environmental doodads that you get stuck on and make NPC pathing a nightmare
4) Blighted - Dont have potions? have fun dying
5) Tanky boss that outputs a lot of DPS - requires multiple people to down without exploiting, including tanks and healers

Other shit that is annoying are things like corrupted enemies with unlimited self-heals that heal them for 50% HP that is insanely hard to interupt. Me and another level 60 were trying to kill some named corrupted in Shattered Mountain. Level 50 elite. We couldn't kill him because you basically have to GUESS when they will do the potion drink animation. If you try to interrupt when they have started the animation, you're already too late to interrupt it.

Also named quest items that have the wrong perks on them or garbage stats. These aren't even random, someone had to DESIGN this shit. Like the 580 "legendary" quest items - most of them have horrible perks or head scratching stat loadouts. Or weapons with weapon perks for a completely different weapon on them.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lmao yeah the Berserk heal that corrupted do is a hilarious example. You have to interrupt before they start it, so it's entirely luck based and not skill based. And yeah a great many trash BOPs with set bad traits and stats. When you look at the end game weaponsmithing weapons/etc you can't help but laugh as you realize 9 out of 10 are total trash that nobody will ever, ever make or use. The excuse that a lot of items have bad stats so you can't easily get BIS only works for BOEs and some small amount of drops, but for quested/crafted? Hahahahaha.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Feel like no matter what I do, I need Asmodeum. About to start a second account and just feed it mats to get smelting up just so I can use its Asmodeum CD lol.

Three routes into MD today, three new furniture recipes but not a f'n thing worth af. Shits rough if you're trying to save a dime.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I can't deal with how degenerate watermark chest runs are. Was up in Shattered Mountains again soloing my way through to elite chests, killing bosses etc and getting trained constantly, as usual. These people stopped on a roof after training me, watched me solo their train of 7 mobs and asked me "why fight?" I explained I enjoyed the challenge and wasn't playing running simulator and they said "lol waste of time."

It's actually true. Gamers are so fucking stupid they will optimize the fun out of the games they play. And sure I get doing it that way from time to time, but that's literally all **anyone** does, and nobody seems to realize how stupid it is. It's Amazon's fault of course, but still. fuckin hell.

• 1Dislike

Argarth

On the verandah
Glad I passed on this at release. At least it came out (unlike Pantheon heh). Sound like some of you are/were having fun. I'll check back in a year or two.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Glad I passed on this at release. At least it came out (unlike Pantheon heh). Sound like some of you are/were having fun. I'll check back in a year or two.
I think it's pretty universally thought you would get an easy 100hours+ out of it even if you just try to level to max ASAP and don't actually "play" to have fun. Well worth the cost of admission, no point in "waiting" to play IMO.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I think it's pretty universally thought you would get an easy 100hours+ out of it even if you just try to level to max ASAP and don't actually "play" to have fun. Well worth the cost of admission, no point in "waiting" to play IMO.
Yes this is absolutely true regardless of severe criticisms. The game is worth the money period. Even now, I'd be shocked if most people didn't have a blast for at least 40 hours minimum. Just sucks it may end up no more than that.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Eh while the game has its problems it's easily the most visually stunning MMO ever released on top of amazing audio all around. The combat is fun and highly skill based and there's a fuckton of grinding to do of all sorts whether it's crafting, dungeons, open world zones, PVP etc. Legit no reason whatsoever to pass on this game. It ain't perfect by a long shot but IMO the pro's absolutely outweigh the cons.

• 4Like