New World

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The criticism stems from AGS no-confidence vote re: the endgame. AGS isn't ready to maintain a AAA game. Still worth the playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They give out information at the oddest of times, even if they are PST.
Combat Respon.jpg

I'm just hoping this means some of the tank abilities are redone so Im not perma staggered all the f'n time when I have 15 things on me in Myrk or something.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well Guardian is very poorly designed to be sure

1) Difficulty that does not match the level you get the quest at (50, but thing is like level 60 elite difficulty essentially)
2) Gated area that only people on the quest can enter. My understanding is they changed it so people who did the quest can now zone in?
3) Small dark cave with lots of environmental doodads that you get stuck on and make NPC pathing a nightmare
4) Blighted - Dont have potions? have fun dying
5) Tanky boss that outputs a lot of DPS - requires multiple people to down without exploiting, including tanks and healers

Other shit that is annoying are things like corrupted enemies with unlimited self-heals that heal them for 50% HP that is insanely hard to interupt. Me and another level 60 were trying to kill some named corrupted in Shattered Mountain. Level 50 elite. We couldn't kill him because you basically have to GUESS when they will do the potion drink animation. If you try to interrupt when they have started the animation, you're already too late to interrupt it.

Also named quest items that have the wrong perks on them or garbage stats. These aren't even random, someone had to DESIGN this shit. Like the 580 "legendary" quest items - most of them have horrible perks or head scratching stat loadouts. Or weapons with weapon perks for a completely different weapon on them.

2) You think they'd be smart enough to fix that horrendous design? No way, but like everything else in this disaster, you can exploit your way in!
3) Makes it easy to solo cheese by even more exploiting!
4) After just tanking the corruption debuff, I thought the blighted couldn't be too much worse. Holy shit, what masochist designed this pve element? It's like a 3-5 minute dot that will kill you 5 times over without constant heals, yet reduces healing by 75% among other crap. Awful design.

Daidraco

2) You think they'd be smart enough to fix that horrendous design? No way, but like everything else in this disaster, you can exploit your way in!
3) Makes it easy to solo cheese by even more exploiting!
4) After just tanking the corruption debuff, I thought the blighted couldn't be too much worse. Holy shit, what masochist designed this pve element? It's like a 3-5 minute dot that will kill you 5 times over without constant heals, yet reduces healing by 75% among other crap. Awful design.
Theres a bunch of shit that they should do to clean up the MSQ, but namely - they should have a real ending point in the current game map. With main ending points every time they add to the map. Pretty much like what FXIV does - but Im not expecting AGS to all of a sudden be good at quest writing from what Ive seen anytime soon. Im hoping they did fix it so I can go back into that cave and help my g/f when she gets there cause shes fast approaching that shit even at her casual pace. If not, then Im glad the exploits and cheesey methods still exist.

Im mixed on Blight, Corruption, etc. Blight is especially outright terrible. But what Blight does better than Corruption is make you "NEED" tinctures. Something like Genesis makes it worth using a Powerful Blight Tincture, and something like the high density wirefiber farm in north Eden Grove makes you want to use at least a minor. But Blight is like the only one thats on that level of "Rabies" from EverQuest. Corruption in 65 portals is really strong, but its not debilitating enough that everyone using a Corruption Tincture. You "should" use one, but its not going to stop you from doing the content. Does either of these add anything meaningful to gameplay? No, not really. But they do add flavor to those areas and set angry earth apart from killing pirate zombies for the achievement that I got recently for something like 10,000 lost killed.

Daidraco

Lumi Lumi influenced me to pick up some coatings and rush out three tier 1 corruption trophies last night (I'll get them all tier 3 this evening) for an invasion on our territory. The extra 28% damage was noticeable and helped my score as a tank quite a bit. When I get them all tier 3, and a tier 5 potion, Ill be at 40% extra damage on them and thats gonna be pound town. My group was running from lane to lane smashing shit down and it felt sooo good. Wouldnt be that way if we didnt have to compensate for the randoms that were in the invasion that refuse to get into discord or listen to directions, but its w/e. We still lost and that sucks.. (Middle got a captain, a spriggan, a catapult, etc. all at the same time. The game just threw everything it could at that lane on wave 7.) But we didnt have long to go to win it. Next invasion I think we'll have it down and thats going to feel so good since there is only one other company on our server that just started winning them, too.

AGS is going to need to do more than just have swappable outfits saved for Harvesting etc. Theyre gonna need an easier UI to control which Trophy is in your house instead of having to go to each and take one down and put another up. Especially if theyre designing shit around the meta of doing so. I mine, harvest, skin and do chest runs all the time. Logging came down cause I could give two fucks about it. Luck is probably the second to go at some point. If I could put up all my trophies in each house and just select which buffs I want to use from a non location based UI screen, that would be tits.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah trophies and coatings are amazing. I even have a rapier with each bane on it for specific content. Makes a massive difference. I can't get a corrupted totem to drop though, let alone 3, and am not gonna pay 15k each. But yeah everyone should be using Angry Earth/Corrupted trophies since they make such a big difference. And the tier3 coatings aren't hard to make at all, hell, the infused ones aren't hard, but obviously require a higher skill.

I think very few people realize how good they are though, I can't sell any coatings despite being the only one listing them, for good prices. It's really fun to max damage against corrupted and stuff. the 580 rapier quest has corrupted bane, plus corrupted take extra from thrust, add an arcane gem, which also does more damage to corrupted, add a coating and a trophy or two and it's really fun to melt SM elites in 1 flurry.

Even though loot luck sucks, look at this juicy boy I got. It's a BOE, sniped for 3k. 0.001% drop rate apparently, according to db guy.

rap.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Yeah trophies and coatings are amazing. I even have a rapier with each bane on it for specific content. Makes a massive difference. I can't get a corrupted totem to drop though, let alone 3, and am not gonna pay 15k each. But yeah everyone should be using Angry Earth/Corrupted trophies since they make such a big difference. And the tier3 coatings aren't hard to make at all, hell, the infused ones aren't hard, but obviously require a higher skill.

I think very few people realize how good they are though, I can't sell any coatings despite being the only one listing them, for good prices. It's really fun to max damage against corrupted and stuff. the 580 rapier quest has corrupted bane, plus corrupted take extra from thrust, add an arcane gem, which also does more damage to corrupted, add a coating and a trophy or two and it's really fun to melt SM elites in 1 flurry.

Even though loot luck sucks, look at this juicy boy I got. It's a BOE, sniped for 3k. 0.001% drop rate apparently, according to db guy.

View attachment 381361
That rapier is really nice. I feel like DPS are in a good spot with luck gear versus a tank. Trying to stay tanky and keep my luck high is tricky af, where a DPS can just slum it up in luck gear and have at it.

I forgot all about my epic legendary quest line sword's bane damage, so ya that bonus plus all the others is awesome. I havent looked for any bane damage to any of the other NPC factions yet, though. Ive got two totems from drops - so I guess Ive been really lucky. Was just assuming that it would be cheap af to pick up a third given I have two without even looking for them. Im main menu farming Orichalcum right now while Im at work, but when I get home I'm going to see how Vingolf is.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
🤷‍♂️

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

🤷‍♂️
Hopefully its more than just a teaser server and they actually do something with the feedback. But still hyped for the Void Gauntlet.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Finally hit 60, any advice on what to do immediately to try and become useful for pvp/wars, as well as pve? I'll buy as much of the faction armor as I can. Is there a sweet spot for armor weight wise to have protection but a decent dodge?

Cybsled

Depends on what you want to do.

Faction armor I would recommend running PVP missions in Reekwater - they're pretty fast and you get 5k tokens per run. It also isn't that busy and if you do see enemies flagged there solo, they're usually more concerned about token grinds than fighting. Even with the resilience fix, they're good armors and weapons.

Next up you have to work on your high water mark. So basically once you hit 60, you start at 500GS for item drops. There are certain elite camps where the enemies and chests and corruption portals have a chance to drop items that will increase your HWM (the gearscore of what drops). This HWM is on a per item slot basis. You know people talking about elite chest runs in Myrk or Mines or Reekwater? They're mostly people trying to boost their HWM. Myrk/Mines/Sirens are all 64 elites, so the only ones that can get your HWM all the way to max in open world. Then you can start getting a chance to have legendary weapons drop in expeditions, like Genesis or Lazarus.

As for armor types, if you're going to be PVPing, you can't go wrong with heavy. Most players are running it and outside of tiny skirmishes or dueling, you need to have maximum damage mitigation since a lot of PVP turns into zerg vs zerg. Plus in PVE, the enemies hit fucking HARD. If you're in light armor, no joke you will get 1 or 2 shot by trash mobs. The 20% damage bonus in light only applies to BASE damage as well, so it doesnt take into account stats or perks. The dodge roll is nice to be sure, but I find it useless in wars.

On that note - Wars. If you want to get invited to wars, it is helpful to figure out what your faction needs. On my server, being an unpopular role can be a good way to get into wars - like musket squad or siege squad. You need the ability to take hits in wars - you're either going to have to stand on the point in a massive 40v40 ball, or take hits from enemy siege. A T3 repeater will delete you in low mitigation armors, and even a direct cannon shot will 1 shot you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Finally hit 60, any advice on what to do immediately to try and become useful for pvp/wars, as well as pve? I'll buy as much of the faction armor as I can. Is there a sweet spot for armor weight wise to have protection but a decent dodge?
I saw that last night, good to have another 60 in the ranks! A lot of what Cybsled Cybsled says is on point. But the biggest thing is going to be finding out if you want to be DPS, which kind of DPS, Healer, or Tank. Seems like we always need a healer, but if you dont want to play that - dont. Games already grindy enough and you should play something you actually want to play.

This is what worked for "Me" and I cant imagine its that different for a lot of people:

You have other options as far as gearing though - You can get 550-560 gear that is decently itemized for pennies in comparison to the high end shit. So just hit up the market, seriously. You'll eventually, doing the PVP influence runs with the guild, get a full faction gear set if you want it. But a well itemized set of Heavy gear in the 580+ area is night and day difference between low 500's gear. I have a hodge podge of Luck gear, and a full on tanky boi set. The difference is about 4000 hp, and 433 Physical more. (I could redistribute stats to strength from the overfill of Con, but Im just lazy and it still gives +hp). I dont even have to block Brute in Siren's anymore with tank gear on and can just hammer him down with the rest of the DPS. DPS hit me for negligible amounts in PVP as well. Did a couple influence runs with the company last night before joining Lumi in a WM farm and when our armies met, I was just laughing at the amount of damage I was taking. Just f'n sucks that the best luck gear Ive found is weak in comparison, so I get slapped like a bitch when Im wearing that. Full Voidbent is way weaker than my current tanky boi gear in comparison, so I havent been super excited about getting it for a luck set.

If you want a constant stream of money to get started on bigger purchases, get your refinery skills up and start cranking out those 10/day cool downs like Asmodeum. Its cheaper of course to go and find your own Legendary mats, but on Vingolf, the amount of Tolvium/Cinnabar dropping in comparison to the people making Asmodeum with the limit - you can pretty much buy the mats off the auction house cheaper than it what the end result makes. Especially on late Saturday evening, and set yourself up for the week, still making somewhere around ~300 gold profit per piece after costs. Runic Leather, somewhere around 100 profit, phoenixweave somewhere around 150-200. I hate f'n logging, even though Im at 200, but if you dont mind it - get the Ebony CD done too. Also, collect the armors like "Tanners Hat" etc, so that when you craft them, you have a chance to increase your yield by one or two. Full suit for leatherworking, two pieces for weavers, Smelting doesnt drop afaik, logging idk, stone cutting drops in some capacity.

Then once you have a steady stream of income coming in, get three houses (Small houses are optimal. Buy one in the territory where you do the most crafting if you craft, so you can get the property tax deduction territory cards, BW, and MD (purple owned and in semi good locations for ports) and you should come out to cheapest taxes per week.) Then fill it with trophies corresponding to what you're doing while playing the game. If you're not a crafter or gatherer, fill it with the +dmg trophies and a luck trophy. If you are a crafter or gatherer, you should still have one trophy in each house dedicated to Corruption damage for Invasions but fill it with +armoring, or +Mining Luck etc. Try to go through our company guy for Furnishing to make them, Ineffable, if you dont want to grind Furnishing yourself.

Then, after you're done there - take your Asmodeum, Runic Leather, Phonixweave streams of income and start stock piling them. One reason is that whenever merges happen, those dailies are probably going to double in price. The other reason is, if they dont - then you'll have plenty piled up to get Lumi to make you some high end armor and hope for the best rolls. Whenever the stars align and Lumi has all the +Max and +Min buffs, armor and trophies going - it'll be between 595 and 600. Its just hard right now considering that we keep losing tier 5 forges, so having a house in a territory that has the +min buff to armoring going is a crap shoot. At least we're getting to a point where we're going to start winning invasions at least. Another 60 with top tier corruption buffs getting in will help quite a bit.

While you're doing all that, and after, you'll of course be joining the groups for the watermark farms. Collect every piece of trade skill gear you can (+Score on JC for example, +Mining Luck, +Luck etc.) and keep upgrading those pieces as time goes. Certain pieces like Armorer's Hat, keep one, sell the rest - they sell really well. Even if you dont plan on using them, you're better off having the set than not.

Then, like Cybsled said - once you're in the 580-590 period, doing Genesis or Lazarus wont be a waste of a key.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
For faction token grinding, I used the east fort in Great Cleave. All 3 missions are in the same spot just a 20 second run north of the fort. I got all my pieces in one long afternoon while 'enjoying' the perma 30% run speed bug lol.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I cannot argue Magic Find's luck. Had a 2nd Loaded Dice drop. Have 60k gold now and I am not hardcore. It is nice having the 3 houses to use as teleport hubs. Saves a lot of Azoth. I will 2nd the Great Cleave as a great place to get PvP Tokens. You usually beat the 5 minute timer. The missions are that fast.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol all my unmarked ori spots (previously weren’t on those annoying websites) are blown up now. This game would have really rewarded exploration in the pre YouTube era. Now it’s just annoying and I hope they start making resource nodes random location spawns

• 1Like

Daidraco

Lol all my unmarked ori spots (previously weren’t on those annoying websites) are blown up now. This game would have really rewarded exploration in the pre YouTube era. Now it’s just annoying and I hope they start making resource nodes random location spawns
Thats why everyone is saying to save your dailies till the server merges. Pretty easy to get Orichalcum when your server peaks at 830 or worse. Add in another 1200+ people trying to get Orichalcum and its going to be straight aids. Even with the population Vingolf has, you still have to wake up early to get a good camp and track the timer before anyone else gets there. Making it random would just make it more tedious to find those nodes - but with high population, they just need to decrease the timer on Orichalcum to something like Wirefiber's (~11 minutes). If they did that, it wouldnt* be so g'd infuriating when someone moves in on your camp or you cant find a free camp - also means you arent wasting food near as bad.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Some PTR stuff is being discussed/discovered. Among some changes

1) 10% speed boost if you are on a road (that's pretty damned tiny, needs to be buffed IMO)
2) Datamines reveal that crafting XP needed to level is being MASSIVELY increased. It sounds like they want crafting to be like leveling furniture (which takes like 5-6x more XP than all the other crafting lines currently). Shit change, IMO
3) Weapon slow effects getting buffed - sounds like 50% instead of 10% for some abilities

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some PTR stuff is being discussed/discovered. Among some changes

1) 10% speed boost if you are on a road (that's pretty damned tiny, needs to be buffed IMO)
2) Datamines reveal that crafting XP needed to level is being MASSIVELY increased. It sounds like they want crafting to be like leveling furniture (which takes like 5-6x more XP than all the other crafting lines currently). Shit change, IMO
3) Weapon slow effects getting buffed - sounds like 50% instead of 10% for some abilities
When they buff the crafting is when I take a holiday from the game. Crafting is not all that but making it more difficult for those who are not hardcore is cheesy. Leave it alone.

• 2Like