New World

Xerge

<Donor>
PTR is up; mount quest is quick and easy. Auto running on a road while mounting will cause the mount to auto stick to the road, pretty neat. They feel pretty fucking good tbh
notes and info - PTR: Rise of the Angry Earth

1694535314368.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Did you feel like the game was less agonizing to do shit in with a mount? Did it make that much of a difference?
Absolutely. Mounts are what the New World 'world' was missing, it genuinely feels like mounts were a missing piece, they fit into the world really well. Doing World activities will be easier for reasons like auto following the road while mounted, speed increase, and immersion. They're customizable; its important to note cash shop mounts come with armor that can bew changed out or customized, so they are monetized to an extent. To be fair tho I was always willing to fork over cash for something like this in any MMO.

NW mounts system is prob. the best on the MMO market; ahead of GW2 for fidelity. The last piece for me IMO is the cross world PVE tech. coming in the winter patch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess some good timing. I started back playing this about a week ago. Never knew there was an expansion. Good times ahead. 🙂

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely. Mounts are what the New World 'world' was missing, it genuinely feels like mounts were a missing piece, they fit into the world really well. Doing World activities will be easier for reasons like auto following the road while mounted, speed increase, and immersion. They're customizable; its important to note cash shop mounts come with armor that can bew changed out or customized, so they are monetized to an extent. To be fair tho I was always willing to fork over cash for something like this in any MMO.

NW mounts system is prob. the best on the MMO market; ahead of GW2 for fidelity. The last piece for me IMO is the cross world PVE tech. coming in the winter patch.
I figured that was the case - but I was unsure if they were just jhanky feeling like Vanguard Mounts or something. I dont think anyone is surprised that they have cosmetics that are monetized. Things like the tents, tools and instruments, which you barely ever see, have skins - so it would be weird if they didnt. You and your fam going to play it when the expansion comes out? The cross server PVE should have been one of their first priorities for how the population was diving so badly when they were going through all those growing pains. Good to know itll be in sometime soon.
I guess some good timing. I started back playing this about a week ago. Never knew there was an expansion. Good times ahead. 🙂
I went through it about a week ago and busted out all of brimstone sands finally. I wanted to get into the Mythic scene a bit but.. it just seems like a waste of time with the expertise changes coming. A lot of stuff feels that way right now, actually. What server and faction did you end up on? I ended up on Castle of Steel / Syndicate after all the transfers when I wasnt playing.

Xerge

<Donor>
I figured that was the case - but I was unsure if they were just jhanky feeling like Vanguard Mounts or something. I dont think anyone is surprised that they have cosmetics that are monetized. Things like the tents, tools and instruments, which you barely ever see, have skins - so it would be weird if they didnt. You and your fam going to play it when the expansion comes out? The cross server PVE should have been one of their first priorities for how the population was diving so badly when they were going through all those growing pains. Good to know itll be in sometime soon.

I went through it about a week ago and busted out all of brimstone sands finally. I wanted to get into the Mythic scene a bit but.. it just seems like a waste of time with the expertise changes coming. A lot of stuff feels that way right now, actually. What server and faction did you end up on? I ended up on Castle of Steel / Syndicate after all the transfers when I wasnt playing.
Definitely returning for a while mainly because the end game no longer has a massive barrier to entry for participation. Myself and Cybsled are on Maramma just as an FYI - I usually catch his name in global lol. It would be nice if FoH peeps could at least be on the same server.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I don’t play as much now, usually I will login to help on company invasions or the occasional war where I get slotted or maybe an influence push or special event like hide&seek. A lot of the companies who have been around for a bit have burnout and the current PvP meta in wars is frustrating. Server is going to miss our invasions for a few weeks - I know most people only like the 15k invasions because we have a pro organize squad and everyone in the invasion gets paid, not just crap like “top dps only” or w/e

I’ll play a lot more when the xpac hits for sure, though

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1696113192782.png

You'd think by now, they would have figured this shit out. My god this must be embarrassing for them. 🤣

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 492994
You'd think by now, they would have figured this shit out. My god this must be embarrassing for them. 🤣
Just watching a few of the monthly videos and you can see them backtrack on the exact same thing they said the previous month. Nothing surprises me with this teams choices anymore. The only thing that does surprise me is that the leads havent been shit-canned after all this time. All these changes should have been made forever ago.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Patch day - Double the average concurrent players and server queues the size of the server its self.

Oh boy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If New World was ever good at anything, it was fucking up server load estimations.

Watching this as New World is a fun dip in and grind a bit game. The PVP stuff felt very underwhelming unfortunately and meta cheese seemed to reign supreme last time I played. I did like grinding the dungeons, but my crew didn't even + it at any point before we quit. It just felt like they needed another alternate end game system besides super dungeons and PVP.

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is everyone just going to be playing rapier now? Seems kinda dumb to have such a large difference in damage between some weapons.

new world dps.jpg

Cybsled

I will say one thing - half the side quests involving a "you must interact with something and only 1 person can and it isn't shared with the group and has a long respawn time" is peak shit design. MMOs learned that lesson long ago, not sure why so many quests involved it. Even when players formed lines, you still had dipshits cutting

Cybsled

Some initial thoughts

1) Mounts are cool. There is a riding skill you level by doing races. The races progressively get harder and need you to optimize your route. You can also swap mount trinkets on the fly outside of combat, so you can micromanage your efficiency in terms of speed and boost recharge

2) Leveling is pretty easy - I hit 65 by the time I got to the Medusa fight (got 2 levels from leveling mounts lol)

3) Laggy as fuck in the new content areas

People still learning the meta and getting gear, so will see how long term works out. Xpac price keeping some of our retirees away for now

Needless

Toe Sucker
"Can open inventory when walking now."

I will now reinstall your game, this shit better not suck !!

• 1Weird Boner

Xerge

<Donor>
You can rename your mounts.

I renamed my horse to Kardashian.

Every time I mount up I ride my Kardashian.

10/10

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Flail is pretty cool but what do you pair it with? Don't really want to do sword and shield since it seems repetitive. Maybe life staff and take the hit on flail damage with focus or strength with some focus?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Open inventory while moving? Mounts? These were literally hard no's from them originally, so it's good to see they're easing up on the development retardation to actually make a game people may enjoy and play. This is one of those games that was destined to be great, but it didn't start great. Not sure if they're there yet, but as long as Amazon doesn't pull the plug early I think it could develop into a really solid in-and-out kind of MMO like a lot of people treat WoW/GW2.

I saw they have armor sets but you have to pay to unlock more than the first one. That's obviously good business sense but also 90% pay to win as those gear pieces are "equipped" out of your inventory and in special slots. They said they'd never sell power for money, but that absolutely is. Fucked too, because if I was playing there's a non-0 chance I'd buy a set slot or two as well.