New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah game runs pretty damn smooth for me too. And I kept whatever the starting settings were. 3070 here.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Apparently they're shutting down...the forums lol

Also in that thread, people bitching about Discord, so I made the mistake of looking up what 'cub' meant.

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AGS is doing that for all of their games, official web site forums are a cess pool they would rather put resources towards Discord administration.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Discord has a ton of automation to it, so Im not surprised at all. This forum we're on feels more modern than theirs and I just dont understand that.

Big laughs at the idiot that installed Discord off of his guilds website, said it didnt work, uninstalled it and got discord from the main website and said THAT gave him a virus after getting a BSOD. If there wasnt an example of the boomer generation playing this game before, theres one now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Moving "official" forums to Reddit/Discord has been a trend for a while now - Bethesda did it a couple years back

• 1Picard

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could just use a lot of the tech that went into New World and transfer it. That being said, I do not have high hopes for the new game.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They could just use a lot of the tech that went into New World and transfer it. That being said, I do not have high hopes for the new game.
If they concentrate on PVE and fuck off with their survival and war/ PVP/town ownership bullshit, maybe they can make something OK. I mean PvE in new world was not bad, nor was the combat either. It essentially failed at delivering a solid end game. Combat wise it was one of my favorite mmos for quite some time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they concentrate on PVE and fuck off with their survival and war/ PVP/town ownership bullshit, maybe they can make something OK. I mean PvE in new world was not bad, nor was the combat either. It essentially failed at delivering a solid end game. Combat wise it was one of my favorite mmos for quite some time.
fuck that, I wanna be an orc and murder some elves and hobbitses.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
PVP was fine, im just talking about the whole war/ownership/taxation/defend/attack side of it where only a very few got to experience that side of the game. Oh and couple this with their shitty 3K max people per server bullshit 1990s EQ tech, well, that meant even LESS people would ever do that side of the game.

Cybsled

I think it will have PvP, but they’ll ditch the territory system like others mentioned

The NW game base is solid outside of population issues. However, they would need to get cross server functionality in day 1 and you could potentially use instancing to relieve stress loads in some situations

Daidraco

Wasnt Amazon Games Studio already involved in a Lord of the Rings project, but one of the companies backed out around the time of Lost Ark's NA release? Whether it was or wasnt - Im glad its in talks now/again. I want more options in the MMO space, not less. I just hope they dont all of a sudden find the fucking kill switch for my Strix 4090 in the new game, like New World did to the 3090's.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Wasnt Amazon Games Studio already involved in a Lord of the Rings project, but one of the companies backed out around the time of Lost Ark's NA release? Whether it was or wasnt - Im glad its in talks now/again. I want more options in the MMO space, not less. I just hope they dont all of a sudden find the fucking kill switch for my Strix 4090 in the new game, like New World did to the 3090's.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Man - its a good damn change. But Im glad I havent really given the game a chance again since I left, because Im betting (just a wild guess) that the people that have multiple suits of armor for multiple dungeons, that spent money to have multiple tabs of gear for each dungeon, are fucking LIVID at this change. Again, its a great change. But good god do they fuck the player base over and over and over in this game. Im wary of going back to it just because of that - all my work might be erased over night. But at the same time, I realize that an expansion in WoW erases all your work overnight as well. MMO's need to change.

• 1Like