New World

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just can't tell anything about this game. There's moments I feel like it's one type of game and then I see a video that takes me in an entirely different direction.

Seems to be coming along quite well but I guess we'll learn a lot more over the summer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Character movement seems off, like there is a glass sheet between the avatar and environment. Don't notice it outside with the flora but sure looks janky inside dungeon.

EDIT: I think it's the lighting. There are no character shadows. He may have it turned off, but why?

EDIT2: Watched one more time. They have shadows when they run past light sources but is still something off with lighting. See no soft shadowing near feet.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That video did not excite me. It should excite me this close to release. I am not really impressed. Wish it was better.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I looked at the video again. Here is my problem. The graphics look....blah for this day and age in gaming. If it was 10 years ago, the graphics might have interested me some. Guildwars 2 has similar graphics. I understand that my opinion is subjective. I just think that graphics should be exciting. If there were to be another Everquest, graphics would certainly be key to the overhaul. I will post an example of a game that is at least 2 more years out that has a beautiful look.

This video is out of date a bit as they have actually just updated their engine. Looking forward to the new looks

• 1Pathetic

Xerge

<Donor>
Very subjective, AoC's art direct is weird AF to me and is a turn off, but i'll still be playing it and emoting at ppl with that weird fucking camel-snake mount. For me the difference between AoC graphically is the AoC graphics team has managed to get an extremely smooth running engine, whereas New World has certain jank in spots, like staff users and their movement animations.

By the time AoC launches in a year and a half New World have plenty more meat added I would think, along with a lot of shit smoothed out -- they've already built a positive track record for that.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I looked at the video again. Here is my problem. The graphics look....blah for this day and age in gaming. If it was 10 years ago, the graphics might have interested me some. Guildwars 2 has similar graphics. I understand that my opinion is subjective. I just think that graphics should be exciting. If there were to be another Everquest, graphics would certainly be key to the overhaul. I will post an example of a game that is at least 2 more years out that has a beautiful look.

This video is out of date a bit as they have actually just updated their engine. Looking forward to the new looks

Considering you just paid 500$ to get in alpha of said game, can you really be unbiased?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know where I stand. I am just curious as to how others think the graphics in the game are what you would expect in this day and age. They just do not look that good. Its why the new video fell down hard for me. It was trying to show off the games graphics but there was not anything worth really showing off. Amazon needs to have good game play to compensate for the mediocre graphics and the video did not show anything of that nature really.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I know where I stand. I am just curious as to how others think the graphics in the game are what you would expect in this day and age. They just do not look that good. Its why the new video fell down hard for me. It was trying to show off the games graphics but there was not anything worth really showing off. Amazon needs to have good game play to compensate for the mediocre graphics and the video did not show anything of that nature really.

Graphics are fine man.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Graphics can be fun for staged screenshots or environment shots/video but turned down instantly in any kind of serious play, because I don't need fancy shadows, foliage that makes the ground look like a rain forest or to be able to see the jewel on my enemie's sword sparkle. AoC is supposedly pretty big on big guild fights, though this is supposed to have 50vs50 guild fights also. I expect all the fancy smancy graphic options to be turned to low during these. Or any other actual serious combat activity.

I just don't see graphics as that important in a video game compared to the rest. As long as your overall theme/look meshes well, good to go.

Between the 2 games I just see to different paths taken. One is trying to be very realistic as possible and the other feels like they went about 70% realistic then into stylistic to smooth it out. To each their own. The former usually though commandeering a generous amount of budget to keep up.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell the amazon game I could end up playing this year might be lost ark. Supposed to be published and released by them in 2021 :p

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hell the amazon game I could end up playing this year might be lost ark. Supposed to be published and released by them in 2021 :p
Way overdue, but I'm still looking forward to it. It's the 2nd most popular game in Korea behind League of Legends.

As for the graphics between this and AoC, it's more art style than quality in my opinion. Both are great just different style.

The game seems to be moving along quite well from the beta off almost a year ago.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Way overdue, but I'm still looking forward to it. It's the 2nd most popular game in Korea behind League of Legends.

As for the graphics between this and AoC, it's more art style than quality in my opinion. Both are great just different style.

The game seems to be moving along quite well from the beta off almost a year ago.

I agree overdue. I still want to play it, it still looks awesome. Just absolute silence about it is crazy, considering from what I read they have a contract that it comes out this year.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree overdue. I still want to play it, it still looks awesome. Just absolute silence about it is crazy, considering from what I read they have a contract that it comes out this year.
I think Amazon just concentrating on New World marketing wise for now. I expect they'll push Lost Ark after New World is out.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New World gives me a strong ESO vibe. I'll play it, just not the biggest fan
Definitely looks like a game Ill play for maybe a month and then never touch again. Either way Im excited for something new to play.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
^ Guys in here worried about graphics when the game itself isn't compelling enough to warrant playing more than a month. Damn, do we ever get what we deserve. :trump:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I really enjoyed this video better.

Some points:

*Shows the UI in action a lil better
*Bosses have certain modifiers under their names
*Bosses wern't just tank&spank
*In game voice chat?
*Limited rezes during boss fights
*Last boss at about 20 mins in, feels right