New World

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I can tell you right now that the graphics in this game aren't THE BEST OF THE BEST, but are really fucking good. The environment and theme looks great, very much like a more modern ESO. The actual skins and textures on weapons/armor are very bland and basic, but based on their current development rate I'm 90% sure they have a massive texture drop coming in soon that will basically change everything. They drop patches that are bigger than most MMO's every 1-3 months now.

The reason their graphics may not be over the top, shiny Korean MMO garbage style, is because this is a large-scale PVP game. If everyone's fucking glinting and shining and every particle has Ray Tracing how the FUCK are you going to handle that in a 50v50? You aren't. They need to be able to reasonably scale everything within the games own graphic parameters have the "good" look good and the "dogshit potato PC" also look tolerable. A lot of those GRAFFIX OVER GAMEPLAY games don't have that. The second you set it below medium you're playing fucking Clay Fighter 63 1/3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I just hope the graphics engine forces grass/bushes even on lowest settings. I think it's the first pvp MMO with a prone position. (Guess SWG did)Edit: Thanks, Animosity.

Pew pew pew from the bushes with my laser musket motherfuckers

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just hope the graphics engine forces grass/bushes even on lowest settings. I think it's the first pvp MMO with a prone position.

It does.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just hope the graphics engine forces grass/bushes even on lowest settings. I think it's the first pvp MMO with a prone position.

Star Wars galaxies had prone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty sure they abandoned that a while ago

It's a theme park MMO now
It's both. 50v50 is how you take and control territories and 20v20 is your BG's. There's also OW stuff that is... less rewarding in its current implementation.

There is still Forts and Sieges and 50 v 50 PVP. They just made shit to do besides that and to get to that.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm here to play both sides, undermine the guild and support the trannies wanting vicodin and xboxes.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Cool story. Ffs are you playing or not? Will you be a reliable member of the FOH territory control group?

If I play it will be with PRX.

Too many leftists and pedos with the FoH tag.

In all seriousness, PRX is a phenomenal guild for large scale PvP, I would recommend if this game is one they play

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looking at the dungeon run video, it looks more than fine. It's not the best looking game but for a mmo it's fine, and actually does some pretty nice looking effects and stuff. The animations are kinda bad but that's a different problem I'd say that the game looking good or bad, can have the best looking game with the clunkiest animations depending on focus. Overall looked like a more modern TESO, which I guess isn't too bad.

Interesting it's finally coming out though, unless I'm doing something at the time I'll probably do the usual mmo release dance, grab it, play it hard for 3 to 4weeks, and then never play it again/play it for a month once they release an expansion 1.5years later.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I play it will be with PRX.

Too many leftists and pedos with the FoH tag.

In all seriousness, PRX is a phenomenal guild for large scale PvP, I would recommend if this game is one they play

Are they not in crowfall with a lot of the other major pvp guilds? Basically built for GvG.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Are they not in crowfall with a lot of the other major pvp guilds? Basically built for GvG.

Tbh, they switched to some janky ass thing called guilded, and I haven't kept up since.

Iirc, we haven't been official in a game for a while, but there are small groups in several games ATM.

Can't remember if crow fall was official, if that's the one with ships etc then I think it was the last official one

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most of these decade+ guilds are usually really like 2-3 people who do the work and then about 10-20 hanger ons that suck or live in the glory days. Watched all sorts of "ELITE PVP GUILDS!!!!!11" get destroyed in Arche Age, Last Oasis, Atlas, Guild Wars 2, etc by just the most recent hardcore poopsocker guild that recruits the best talent. They usually end up toxic as fuck and corrupt and fizzle after one or two games, but the old guard just can't hang anymore.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
May Update Notes

Surprisingly ahead of schedule. Was expecting next Tuesday.

Takeaways
- Discoverable fast travel points -- no longer limited to teleporting to settlements!
- Coin was rebalanced; no longer always drops from NPCs, capped at 500k (player) and 5mil (company)
- Houses are now tiered with increasing perks and cost more money if you want a better house.
- Mana regen was normalized across the board; Focus no longer boosts it
- Open world PVP rewards for killing long-living players
- New social window
- Group vote kick
- Expeditions are now gated behind having a Tuning Orb. It sounds like "you need a key to do it" to me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Where my invite?

Eric Andre GIF

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Nice!

*Looks more like a balance pass over a lot of shit
everything from combat, attributes, additional looks to armor/weapons, gathering, gold rebalance (gold cap for players? 500k), xp leveling rework, faction missions,
*Player titles (account/player wide varieties)
*Fast travel points
*Elite POI for overland
*Vote based group kick added
*Social UI menu

Xerge

<Donor>
Old fella chatting again. I hope there's some fishing spots near forts so I can fish and watch people get wreckt.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love how it's coming along but the fast travel points kind of bum me out. I really hated TP'ing all over the place constantly in FF14, as it took me out of it constantly. I get having SOME speed-ups for travel, but fast travel points all over the map is too much.

Cybsled

To each their own. Running somewhere is fine the first dozen times. By 100, you fucking hate it and want the run to die

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I used to have a beta invite for this, might be time to dig it back up.

Edit: RIP, it was only for a weekend event back in 2020.