New World

Xerge

<Donor>
I've played both and while crowfall has specific gameplay, it's otherwise boring. For a one time buy New World will be a great time - i'm confident majority will get their ticket price worth, also there's nothing stopping you from checking it out in six months later. 🤷‍♂️

I really think NW will produce some lulz moments from 50v50, 20v20pvp, and the 5v5 duels. I've heard the dungeons have some challenge to them in the later game as well. Plus with no dungeon finder it'll be fun forming groups.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A kind gentleman hooked your boy up with an account for Crowfall, I just made a gerbil character lmao.

Im gonna pre order this. Should be interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
CB starts at 930am PT/1230 EST July 20th. There will be some kind of notes around 9am.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Someone posted a list of servers for CB - I'll personally be playing on the EST Atlantis server tentatively. 4 more days...

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The beta client just popped into my Library on steam. (Not yet download-able) But it's nice to see it's up this early.
1626442189654.png

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking I will preorder this on Steam when I get home today from work. I figure why the heck not?

Worst case scenario, I try it out, it sucks, I go back to play the same game I have "gone back to playing" for the past two decades.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Unfortunately with PoE launching like 3 days later my crew isn't going to go too hard on closed beta, but I imagine either Atlantis or Olympus as well. Interesting there's that many servers because I'm pretty sure they have instance servers for each one as well. Think the login calls it a string server or something. We'll see how populated they get. One of the tests had like 3000 concurrent on the servers they had up and I didn't notice the server being too bogged down. They did have dynamic spawning at that time though so mobs near insta popped which was... interesting. The AE group farm was established because of it. That and no one person getting exp but anyone who tags it getting it. We'll see if that's changed, but with more PVP incentives I doubt everyone will be a friendly this time around.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been saving of screenshots for a while and decided to put them into a gallery album. They're either my grabs or have all been publicly released by Amazon Games so I doubt there's any issues in using them. Feel free to download any for your use. (They've been edited using Lightroom so may look slightly different from the original source images.)

New World Screenshots

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

So I pre-ordered boys. Im in this bitch.

We should all agree on which server we are going to play on. I see most of you guys are saying Atlantis, if so thats where Ill be.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious how important server location will be. Pretty decent difference between something here on the west coast and connecting to the east coast for me. And in a game where you need to dodge abilities, might be pretty important. Using that tool they posted, 30ms to west coast(cali/oregon) and 100+ to east coast.

Wish NA-West had at least one well known mythological name. East got some pretty cool ones.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm in the Midwest and my East ping is 73ms right now. That could be because they only have 2 servers (NA East and Central EU) up right now so it's not an optimized location. That amount of ping sounds like it's running out of Cali or NV to me for my location. Usually I have between 10ms and 38ms for most East servers such as Apex or Blizzard games.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I am really hoping Ohio will have a server; the rest are pretty bad for me using that site linked above. Damn shame there isn't a Dallas or Chicago datacenter.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am really hoping Ohio will have a server; the rest are pretty bad for me using that site linked above. Damn shame there isn't a Dallas or Chicago datacenter.
??

US East (Ohio)

They have a AWS right there listed in Ohio. It seems basically where they already have infrastructure in place.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Atlantis it is. I can't believe AWS doesn't have a major DC presence in DFW but whatever; supposedly according to the reddit link they have an Edge presence with a VPN tunnel back to their MidWest DC, so ought to be good enough, I guess. I really thought they had a bigger DC footprint than MS but maybe they just haven't rolled this out wide enough yet.

Edit: I don't have word one about the closed beta yet and I pre-ordered 7+ months ago.

• 1Like

Jozu

Im getting 41 ms to US East Virginia.

Massachusetts here.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
51 and 61 for East. I presume Low is good since Middle east is 254. I get a better rate for Europe than I do the West Coast.

• 1Worf