New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game looks and sounds interesting. Also, Amazon is sitting on literally the entire world's wallet so I'm guessing funding is going to be OK so no need to sell bloody socks.

TwitchCon_NW_Conquistador_Front_Final-630x354.jpg

-Open world sandbox, colonize 17th century North America. Want to be a soldier? Do it. Want to be a farmer? Do it. Want to colonize the world? Build. Etc. etc.
-People's fears are true, so weird and supernatural shit is in the world and lurking in the woods, etc.
-Whatever people do with the world and to each other (PVP I'm guessing) is up to the players

Very brief segment as Amazon Games Studios mostly focused on their new arena game that's a lot closer to launch, but it's nice to have something new on the (distant) horizon. Anyways it sounds pretty fucking good and isn't being built on the backs of crowdfunding money.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sounds like shit but im not sure if its because the game will be shit or because they went head over heels trying to get the twitch viewerbase to look forward to it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Amazon needs to re-focus on shipping my shit on time, nuff with making shitty games and going to Mars bullshit. Crap in my cart has been saying 'Shipping Today' for a whole week. Fuck Bezos, I hope Elon Musk goes into online retail just to fuck this guy every place he lives.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zero_name

Quit shitting up my thread, assholes. This game will be the second coming of the MMO and usher in a new era of enlightenment. You will be willing participants in Bezotopia.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quit shitting up my thread, assholes. This game will be the second coming of the MMO and usher in a new era of enlightenment. You will be willing participants in Bezotopia.

With this focus on integrating twitch viewers with gameplay, Im not hopeful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Of course they'd choose South America for their MMO setting, gotta get that Amazon.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope it lets me charge locals fines to continue worshipping their heathen religion, then get drunk and go on a tear, stealing their idols, then charge them again to let them buy back their idols.

If not, my immersion will be minimal.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It's hard to say.

I remember that time the Trion tried to make a TV show about their mmo. And making it twitch interactable is very nearly the same thing.

But... if you had told us back in EQ beta that making a 3d Mud was gonna be gangbusters we would have said "No duh." If you had told the OTHER nerds they would have said "Mmm. Maybe. I dunno. I guess that could be neat." and if you had told anything resembling a normal person they would have said nothing because they wouldn't have known wtf you were talking about.

I don't think this idea is doomed. They're either getting in on the final spurt of a dying market, which I do find to be most likley, or they're adding in a new gimmick / mechanic / level of social interaction which will temporarily breathe some life (and profits) into the gasping husk.

At least it's not another elfs and orcs shitshow. It doesn't REALLY even sound like a diku. It sounds like a mush wrapped around a diku. A South America setting could be genuinely interesting.

• 1Like

zero_name

Is Soygen a mod? Can I pay him a soybuck to add a T at the end of join?

I think the concept sounds pretty fucking awesome and it's being built by a company with loads of cash. The biggest issue is that it's a new studio taking on a dormant genre and they've basically only given us a few words to cling on to which ultimately doesn't mean much. I need to see a list of staff.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i'm interested if players can play as white people along with native races. it will be a good outlet for my desire to purge the country of brown people after Trump loses in November.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
From the official Amazon Games site:

Carve your own destiny in New World, a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game set in a living, cursed land. Choose how you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against in an evolving world that transforms with the seasons, weather, and time of day. Band together to reclaim monster-haunted wilds and build thriving civilizations, or strike out on your own, surviving in the face of supernatural terrors and murderous player bandits. Focused on emergent gameplay and rich social features – including deep Twitch integration with broadcaster-led events, achievements, and rewards – your only limit in the New World is your ambition.
it's about time someone did this.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The snow drifts run red with the blood of people who don't quite grasp the significance of the "thunder stick" or that steel blades are better than volcanic rock daggers?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
At least I know where all my freaking amazon money is going now! Gives us something to talk about and look forward to again in this dead world of mmo's.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

haha, just do like i do. I called and bitch their stupid ass out when it sits like that and make them pay for next day shipping. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for prime 2day and watch something thats listed as in stock, sit there for 4 days before it ships.