New World

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Give me good PVP with some decent PvE encounters and I am happy. No reason why you can't have a bit of both

Balance. Every game that has ever tried to do both fails miserably at one or the other... or both.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm ok with PvP based games when I'm in a good guild, UNLESS they copy/paste a bullshiat invisible class that has way too many tools to lock you down and make your playtime miserable (read: every stealther in WoW/DAOC/RIFT/Warhammer Online the list goes on).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every MMO is a PvP based game so long as you're competing for scarce resources with another player. Where PvP design fails is when it strays from or does not provide a conflict resolution mechanism. Players who can't kill each other lack the agency to make a claim for a scarce resource.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My bros, I just got into the Alpha.
Word.

1538601165331.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Just got an invite for this about 5 mins ago. Check your spam mail folders guys go go go.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so I got in but there is some massive memory leak in the game that is eating 75%+ of my 16GB of RAM so it keeps closing out.

Good news is there is a thing called Companies that looks to be guilds. If you get in please invite me. My name is Ariakas.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I also got in as well. It seems like they just sent out a second wave of Alpha invitation.

捕获.PNG

• 2Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Great fucking start, I can't even start the game from the launcher.

"Error type 'UnknownError' received from Fuel"

Any idea?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Is this under NDA? So I got in. The game runs pretty well on my old R9 290, but I don't know wtf to do. There is no kind of tutorial stuff in-game yet. I was killing a wolf and some guy ran up and I accidentally hit him. This marked me as a criminal. I was then murdered by another player. Lost my sword and respawned as a criminal still. Rough start.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Great fucking start, I can't even start the game from the launcher.

"Error type 'UnknownError' received from Fuel"

Any idea?

This happened to me too; just turn Amazon Games to "Run as Administrator" and it should go away.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is this under NDA? So I got in. The game runs pretty well on my old R9 290, but I don't know wtf to do. There is no kind of tutorial stuff in-game yet. I was killing a wolf and some guy ran up and I accidentally hit him. This marked me as a criminal. I was then murdered by another player. Lost my sword and respawned as a criminal still. Rough start.

That actually sounds a lot like the EQ Beta; the less info the better in my world!

• 2Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That actually sounds a lot like the EQ Beta; the less info the better in my world!
Yeah, not really a complaint. The chat was literally non-stop "WTF DO I DO?!"

• 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, i played for about 5 min before it kicked me out and found out how to make a Company (guild) SEND ME YOUR NAMES