New World

Argarth

On the verandah
Unfortunately, waiting to hear something about an Oceanic Server at launch, preferably in Sydney (like WoW) before I can allow myself to even care about this game. :emoji_sleeping:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enabled the ingame fps/stats display, and apparently my game never drops below 53 even in towns with crowds, while mostly staying at 60. Sure doesn't -look- like a smooth 60fps on Medium at all.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If they threw away the entire combat system id like this a bit more. However combat in this game is a pure snooze and not even worth a shit. Visuals look fine, world is interesting enough, but its just not fun to play in atm. If they keep it the way it is, and weapon/skill tie in shit there is no way id touch this even if given for free.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't mind the weapons being tied to the skills. Just give us more to choose from. The combat will have to stay as simple as it is now, even end game with just 3 skills.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The game is good enough as is where I'd play it for a month or however long it took to max out the things I want on my char and do some sieges then probably never pick it up again.

Need more fleshed out PVE content end game or bring back real PVP servers.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Unfortunately, waiting to hear something about an Oceanic Server at launch, preferably in Sydney (like WoW) before I can allow myself to even care about this game. :emoji_sleeping:

There is an Oceanic server during the beta. I get 29ms so I believe its in Sydney.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
High player density, low mob density and slow respawn is extremely frustrating.

• 1Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The having 3 weapon sets but only use 3 out of 9 skills at a time for any of them, is restrictive as hell. There's probably going to be a lot more weapons available at release too, I can't believe they wouldn't have things like a greatsword or pistols or daggers etc. The staffs seem bad, but maybe the players aren't putting in the right stats? seen these streamers running staff for the charge but they're mostly running str for everything else.

Game is probably 6-8 months out from release anyways, so I can see them just trying to test a few things at a time and balancing skill use right now, even shadowlands is now going into class balance phase. But probably should take the cooldown restrictions off. The pve looks generic as fuck, but I really want to see the pvp end game, which most of these streamers will most likely avoid.

But good news for me, got a key from summit's stream, as one of the amazon guys who's been dumping keys on his stream since yesterday, then 30 mins ago dumped an image with like 150 keys on it, dling now. :D

Argarth

On the verandah
There is an Oceanic server during the beta. I get 29ms so I believe its in Sydney.

Ah thank you, you are correct. No mention of the location of the Asia Pacific servers on their Website (google also failed me) but finally found confirmation on twitter.

1598500189396.png

Hexadeimos

Trakanon Raider
There are two already - Bounty and Coronation. Having a blast on Coronation right now - got our first war tomorrow morning. The 3 big companies (land owners) are all Sydney based.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>

looks pretty fun to me

has anyone acquired an Azoth Staff for the breaches yet? also make sure you're crafting your coarse leather adventurer's satchel for weight.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
is he stunlocking these guys? once he starts they just slowly, tediously...die.

I think melee hits in pvp make you flinch. Not sure, I'm in the preview, but I just can't muster up any interest in this generic borefest.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hatchets are insanely overpowered. Hit fast and so stagger enemies plus have a health regen on hit aspect.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
High player density, low mob density and slow respawn is extremely frustrating.
There were a couple quests in Everfall which made me think that the quest team has never played a MMO. One had you mine silver nodes, about 6 of them spaced around a small hill and they didn't have a 100% chance at dropping the item you needed. So not only did you have to compete vs. 10+ other people, you could end up not getting the item even when you got a node. The other had you kill 10 mobs in a big fort, but there were only at most 6 spawns all on a 5min+ timer.... add in 10+ people and it was tedious. I skipped both.

looks pretty fun to me

has anyone acquired an Azoth Staff for the breaches yet? also make sure you're crafting your coarse leather adventurer's satchel for weight.
I did the quest line that rewarded you the "Corruption Bane" item, haven't used it, but I imagine its like a Tool. Ran into a couple areas that had a infested monolith and a corrupted portal (Monolith was for 3-5ppl, while the Portal was for 1-2). You get a corruption debuff when you enter their zones, as if you were underwater, so you would need to use a potion to regen your resistance while fighting. Will try to clear out the next Portal that I run across. Note, you can buy a Corruption Bane from your Faction vendor for like 200 tokens or so.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is getting boring fast. The same old shit over and over. The running back and forth multiple times to the same zones is old. No reason to even interact with others in the least. It's like playing a single player game at this point. Level 20 feels like level 1.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Part of this is the population-wave effect as the overall areas are camped to the point of turning them into full themepark mode. It may also be due to some tweaks that were made as I am genuinely finding it easier to solo content even without anyone nearby. In the past I felt like 'oh, I am gonna need friends to do this...' and this time around I don't.

In a further level of fail is the scope of the regional chat. Each of the 'zones' is so large that leaving the region chat on means continual scroll spam and so I instantly just disable it whereby I find myself in a single player game where other people are wandering around and sniping my herb clumps.