New World

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, I don't know how I got into this beta. It says I preordered, but I don't have this preordered anywhere. I do vaguely recall "buying" it when it first showed up on Amazon years ago, but that was just some 0 cost thing. Are they gonna' charge me for this shit when it comes out?

Amazon released a statement about this years ago after they decided to move away from F2P.

They stated they would include the original no cost "pre-orders" in the closed betas without those people have to pre-order via the box price model.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hate dudes that scream on their stereams. The first thing I do is change streams when I hear that shit. Who the fuck wants to listen to a dude screaming the whole time.?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I hate dudes that scream on their stereams. The first thing I do is change streams when I hear that shit. Who the fuck wants to listen to a dude screaming the whole time.?
his audience is literally 10 year olds

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Been watching Fengrush PvP and it does seem pretty good and fun, but Axe spam still seems to be op and Rapier seems to outclass everything solo? I like how much positioning matters and how strategic you can be with that, but I do not like the lack of mobility. If 2 people spam left click you you can't do anything still? Or is that wrong?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been watching Fengrush PvP and it does seem pretty good and fun, but Axe spam still seems to be op and Rapier seems to outclass everything solo? I like how much positioning matters and how strategic you can be with that, but I do not like the lack of mobility. If 2 people spam left click you you can't do anything still? Or is that wrong?

I am sure its just copium(?) going around..

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
The game had a 2 day honeymoon period last year, and about 4 days before you realize it's shit.

I'm curious if that's changed, but not that curious

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So SOLIDFPS has been playing this thing for like 28 hrs straight and hes only like lv28. Now he says that he has not played the alpha so hes a biut behing the knowledge curve, but it seems liek leveling really slows down after like mid20s. Dont know if its because of lack of quests?

• 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only level 11 but I’m enjoying it. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel or anything, but I’ll get my money’s worth out of it.

Speer/musket are fun to use, and I’m a sucker for harvesting in any mmo, so I like the 8 million resources everywhere.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So SOLIDFPS has been playing this thing for like 28 hrs straight and hes only like lv28. Now he says that he has not played the alpha so hes a biut behing the knowledge curve, but it seems liek leveling really slows down after like mid20s. Dont know if its because of lack of quests?
Yes. Fast until 20 then you get a dungeon, but quests slow down. However you get invasions and dungeons and better grind spots to mitigate this.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think if they can just make sure there is quality content across all level ranges and can somehow balance pvp, this game will be successful.

I mean fuck it's 2021, Asherons Call was able to release a successful Mmo 22 years ago with WAY less resources than this.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I logged in late last night to check this out, and it's not bad. To me it felt like Neverwinter Online and Valheim had a child kind of.. but not really. Hard to put it in words.

I do like harvesting in games, so that part of it is good for me.

The combat is whack-a-mole style at least early on. I have no idea what it is like at higher levels.

I'm not sure what the person meant that said that the crafting is great in this game unless they meant the sheer number of things you can craft... which yeah there is a lot to craft from what I saw. But, the actual crafting is little more than clicking a crafting station, choosing the recipe, choosing how many to make, and hitting the button to do it. A few seconds later, you're done. It's truly nothing to write home about in my opinion. I mean, if you like that, great. But, really its just the same old crafting from the last thousand or so MMOs to come out.

I played up through early teens, and really didn't give two shits what armor I was wearing. Pretty much didn't matter. The mobs died either way. In fact, I didn't die even once nor get close to dying the whole time I played.

The combat abilities based on the weapon you have equipped and how much of that weapon-type's skill tree you have unlocked is meh. Seen it done before in other games, and it's juts not something I like or dislike really. It's just is what it is really. I prefer class based RPGs personally rather than the "I'm a warrior because I have a sword equiped.. no wait.. I'm a ranger because I equiped my bow... no hold on... I am a rogue because I pulled out a dagger"... /sigh

tldr version... It's ok for $40. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it or make any micro transactions in it if that was a possibility. It's a one and done game for me.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My only hope with this game is its unending pit of money behind it. No game has ever had more capital backing it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Implementing the same fix others have when this type of thing cropped up.

1626900856149.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My only hope with this game is its unending pit of money behind it. No game has ever had more capital backing it up.
If you think about it this does not bode well for the mmorpg industry as a whole. As a money pit and thousands of man hours making this shit for 5 yrs now, this is not something thats standing out as some mmorpg to beat all mmorpgs. From watching streams of this shit its not revolutionary, its just mediocre.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
played for a few hours, legit just feels like guild wars 2.5 with better graphics
is there actual dungeons and shit? lmao

• 1Like