New World

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is okay but has a distinct lack of eyebeam lasers, not sure I could get into it longterm.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
To be honest I think PART of not being "sold" or whatever on beta is that you know it's beta. you don't have your real character, you (probably) don't have your guild, there is a temporary feeling which I think is kind of the opposite of what most people want to feel out of an MMO. or you could just not like the game

It does make me LOL that people who played 50hrs+ are considering refunds though, but hey if amazons cool whatever.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Turn down Terrain and shadows and the FPS issue goes away.

Also....

• 1WTF
  • 1Weird Boner

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game turned out to be quite fun for me, crafting is great, combat is challenging, dungeons can be rough and it plays rather well. Not sure what all the hate is about in here or if ya'll are just that jaded.

I look forward to farming the ganja on release.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's the mass scale PVP that's a problem, but I think people shouldn't really put all their eggs in that basket. It's really almost everything else that shines in this game. I think if they throw in some more battlegrounds, ideally BEFORE max level, people will get their PVP fill without it being a laggy massive zergfest. Small scale 5v5 stuff is actually pretty fun.

I think gathering/crafting in this game is really enjoyable. Is it amazing or innovative? No. They could do all sorts of stuff to make it way better, but even as is I think it's in a really nice state.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
This game turned out to be quite fun for me, crafting is great, combat is challenging, dungeons can be rough and it plays rather well. Not sure what all the hate is about in here or if ya'll are just that jaded.

There are a lot of EQ redneck here, that's why.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The game has its issues, and it has longevity issues imo, unless they turn into content machines. But it is fun and worth the box price and at least a couple months of playing. Probably around 100-200 hours for me, well worth the money.

I think a big thing wrong with gamers is trying to fit into a crowd. Some streamer doesn't like something, some poster doesnt, the majority dont, or their friends dont, so they automatically dislike it. Unable to form their own personal opinions or go against "peer pressure". Doesn't help the old saying of misery loves company is never more apparent in gaming than ever. People will hate and never play a game, but continually click on content about that game, whether its a forum or videos, to make sure everyone never forgets their opinion.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Yup, best MMO to come along in awhile but that isn’t saying much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My issues with the game are pretty simple to explain.

Grouping is shit. The fact that there's no way to start with friends at the beginning is going to suck. Yeah, you can spend a half hour trying to run to the same city, but that's some crappy workaround. Quests not being shared is the second one. So once you're at the same city, you can group up, but you're basically just grouped to solo your own content.

The mob variety is just...baffling. There is an extreme lack of it.

Finally the questing. The variety here is abysmal as well. Essentially one main quest, and then the town boards and faction missions, of which there are maybe 8 different kinds?

The crafting system is phenomenal though, and I'm looking forward to that. That's really it. And because it'll be the fresh new MMO.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
My issues with the game are pretty simple to explain.

Grouping is shit. The fact that there's no way to start with friends at the beginning is going to suck. Yeah, you can spend a half hour trying to run to the same city, but that's some crappy workaround. Quests not being shared is the second one. So once you're at the same city, you can group up, but you're basically just grouped to solo your own content.

The mob variety is just...baffling. There is an extreme lack of it.

Finally the questing. The variety here is abysmal as well. Essentially one main quest, and then the town boards and faction missions, of which there are maybe 8 different kinds?

The crafting system is phenomenal though, and I'm looking forward to that. That's really it. And because it'll be the fresh new MMO.
This almost sounds like 1.0 of FFXIV.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This almost sounds like 1.0 of FFXIV.
I kind of hope that this is the issue in that it got resolved after a while.

I do not understand the logic behind not allowing a player just to choose a starting area. This would solve one part of the grouping issue. The other part is something else that confuses me a little. Why not allow players to share quests with a cap limit to prevent players from having a ton of grouped up quests. Just get into a group and have the leader grab the quests that then would automatically que them into the rest of the group's logs. This is not rocket science and has been done many times before in other MMO's. It appears that the foundational programming for this game might make what seems like a simple fix, a lot more complicated. Hopefully they change it eventually. It was one of my largest gripes with the game.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The starting area is because everyone would go to Everfall or Windsward. They're centrally located and where all the good shit is. They're unequivocally better than the other ones.

No one would start in another area because it just makes no sense to. It's a design flaw.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
True, I naturally gravitated to Windsward and had no idea for the longest time that it was one of the defacto spots. I like the hell out of the game and dont get a lot of the hate, either. My g/f loves playing it, but I believe she likes gathering shit more than anything else lul.

Starting in different areas is a real gripe, and I experienced that first hand. Was easy enough for me to walk to my g/f's starting area after picking my covenant. Though I really shouldnt have too play solo for an hour just to play with other people. So thats a valid point in my book.

Grouping and not having shared quest goals is only a mild annoyance. Especially with how they have been nerfing board quests into line with other options. My hands down best exp rate with no concerns of nerfs was actually just farming the little red diamond invasions/rifts all over the map. No idea why people slept on these so hard when they give a fifth, upwards to a quarter of your exp bar depending on minor or major. Im assuming its all the running, or running to one a couple kilometer's away only to catch the ass end of it? But once you're caught up with the herd, you're pretty much set. Get your group of friends and start doing them cause the exp and the rewards are well worth it imo. You can achieve really good itemization from these, and the cosmetic look of rewards from these is (imo) way the fk better than the herp derp look of covenant rewards.

Mob variety is one I dont get the complaint over, however. The variety is there, its just that when they introduce you to the new ones you're already in the mid to late levels. Gives something to look forward too, sure. But how are you suppose to know that these things are out there? Take one of those crowned giant mother fuckers thats fodder in Weaver's and put one as a mini boss at the back of a cave in Cutlass for example. Take the boss model used in a dungeon once in the entire game, alter it a bit, and put it as fodder in the level range past that dungeon. Little shit like that would go a long ways towards making the game world "feel" more varied.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL the game is fine. Nothing revolutionary, but then it does not need to be. What it does it does well. Combat is good... Although not awesome. Crafting is good...Although not awesome. Pretty much everything about this game is good, although not awesome. But that does not mean it sucks, far from it. My only reservation about this game is the longevity of it after release. But then with no sub, who gives a shit. Drop it, come back a year later when they have more content, or dont come back at all, lol.

People come into mmorpgs as some way of life type shit. I have stopped dong this back in 2006 and wow vanilla, lol. Play the game, enjoy the content, and when it gets boring, fucking quit. Play solo, play with your buddies whatever, lol.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Starting different areas I think is almost a must have. Considering the amount of players and if you tried to cram them all into 1 starter area? Forget about it. You have to spread out that population at first or it would be a nightmare. If you absolutely cannot play without your buddy, take the barely if any time to run over to them. Remember this isn't a game with different races/factions that automatically splits of the population. Imagine for instance if you logged into WoW or FXXVI on day one and the entire server started in the same spot and zone.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Starting different areas I think is almost a must have. Considering the amount of players and if you tried to cram them all into 1 starter area? Forget about it. You have to spread out that population at first or it would be a nightmare. If you absolutely cannot play without your buddy, take the barely if any time to run over to them. Remember this isn't a game with different racers that automatically splits of the population. Imagine for instance if you logged into WoW or FXXVI on day one and the entire server started in the same spot and zone.
Yeah that makes sense and I understand it - but it is still a bit annoying. Do your quests not get messed up if you travel right at beginning?

If you have played the betas then you should likely get to start questing together within a few hours. Annoying but in the grand scheme not terrible. Probably don't want to try my luck rerolling my character or recreating in hopes of getting in same area as friends

Fucker

Log Wizard
People come into mmorpgs as some way of life type shit. I have stopped dong this back in 2006 and wow vanilla, lol. Play the game, enjoy the content, and when it gets boring, fucking quit. Play solo, play with your buddies whatever, Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.
21.gif

• 2WTF
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that makes sense and I understand it - but it is still a bit annoying. Do your quests not get messed up if you travel right at beginning?

If you have played the betas then you should likely get to start questing together within a few hours. Annoying but in the grand scheme not terrible. Probably don't want to try my luck rerolling my character or recreating in hopes of getting in same area as friends
The forum representative said in the closed beta that there is no work around intended at "that time" for people to be able to start together. Stating that you have to finish the MSQ up to a point.. where I want to say, was after you choose your covenant or the next quest leads you to the Hermit west of Windsward. Not a deal breaker for most people I would imagine, but not ideal. Im sure people can think of ways to handle it better, but since the system is already in place - changing or making code for that option doesnt seem practical in my mind.