New World

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bezos doesn't care about a 50k andy. New World is bigger than any Twitch streamer.
Bullshit. 100% they'll add priority for "big" streamers like Asmon. Streamers are WAY too big of a marketing scheme now to have bad press about how long you have to wait in a queue before playing. He'll just be told to log-in off-stream.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
K this game is pretty awesome. It's like a MUCH better Albion Online with combat that's like Dark Souls and Smite. Liking it a lot so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bullshit. 100% they'll add priority for "big" streamers like Asmon. Streamers are WAY too big of a marketing scheme now to have bad press about how long you have to wait in a queue before playing. He'll just be told to log-in off-stream.

That does have a mirror though - people waiting in queue getting pissy while streamers have preference. The Ultimatum league for PoE had a terrible launch combined with streamer pref and the pitchforks really came out over that one. So much so the following league had zero pref. Looking at Twitch right now there's 400,000+ viewers for New World. Is there a need to pick some winners and losers to give special access to?

edit - Asmon is on Babiliary

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Yeah I was just memeing Bezos ego. Hopefully they give him a whitelist off-stream.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got in the game but didn't go through the tutorial as I do not have time to play yet unfortunately - haven't had time to read the thread - tutorial phase is a requirement to add friends? I did manage to log in and stayed there.
I saw your character, so I sent a request. I was spelling Uta instead of Ut. ;p

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you people should have bought the New World Prime instead of the basic New World.

• 1Worf

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Kinda stepping on their own dicks not having enough servers Day 1? Even if you poopsockers are okay watching a countdown, the normies are just going to get pissed, refund, and shit on the game.

I mean Amazon is like the biggest host in the world, right? How do you fuck this up?

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I logged out to get some lunch. I came back and the queue isn't moving at all. I'm done until I can actually play.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Watching asmongold and shroud streaming the game today. I remember a time when streamers had a little bit of pride, wouldn't beg, and wouldn't take stuff on new games they tried.
But these days lol:
Asmon: I sometimes like doing tutorials for new games, I'll be doing one explaining how you guys can send me gold in game.
Shroud: I have a whole chat watching me play and none of them sending me gold, what's going on here.

Sure, could take that as joking around, but it's not something they've only mentioned once for the day, like multiple times hinting at it. If they have that many idiot simps might as well take advantage of it I guess.

My friend trying to log in 8am in the morning.. lol..

NewWorld_jODCfoHt09.png

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man, this thing is much more popular than I'd have guessed - sitting at like 700k+ CU right now before prime time and 1MM+ viewers on twitch. Wouldn't have guessed that tbh, even with first day hype/new MMO hype/etc.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That does have a mirror though - people waiting in queue getting pissy while streamers have preference.
That's exactly why I said you have him log-in off-stream.

"OMG Asmon how did you make it through the 4 hour queue?!!"

"Oh, I waited in queue while setting up the stream!".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got annoyed trying to talk to multiple people cause chat is f'n weird or laggy? Made a Company with the obvious name. Just send me a tell for an invite "IF" you're marauders.

As a reminder, you can change your faction for free the first time w/no wait.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
This looks fun. Do you guys have a guild and do you have space for forum lurkers in it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Vingolf
@Swayzee
Covenant
it went covenant first then syndicate then marauders

looks like queues are in order for the evening though

1632859034833.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking bullshit someone really took name Jozu.

Lame af.

Blattos on Vingolf

Did we decide on faction? We should all get on same page.

Lol 1400 queue first time login. Ouch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ty!

Also, can anyone confirm that maxing CON is the best bet for pvp due to dmg scaling and the way maxing dex or str doesnt provide enough of an increase in damage?

Im seeing people maxing CON, saying that the way scaling works in pvp a lvl 30 hits a lvl 50 harder than the 50 hits the 30 etc. Im not sure if true but if so thats gay as fuck. But from what I have seen I do believe maxing CON is needed for pvp at this point. Surviving longer and more health is just better than the small damage bonus from STR and DEX.